The Academy of Advanced Herbology

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Academy of Herbology

Post by Academy of Herbology »

((This board is for notices of the Academy, it is NOT a discussion board.))
((No OOC))
((RP is encouraged))

The Academy of Advanced Herbology was formed to train new Druids and Alchemists. We offer training in the Arts of Alchemy, Herblore, and possibly even a few more crafts that help the guild out. All members are to uphold the laws of the Academy as well as the laws of other guilds when within their lands and treat all living things with respect.

~The Council~
The council is currently formed of three members and will possibly be extended to five someday. They vote on all new requested rules and handle all administrative affairs of the Academy.

~The Initiate~
When one joins the Academy they are given the rank of Initiate, during this time people of this rank try to prove their dedication to the craft as well as learn herblore, when one is found dedicated and responsible by the guild they are given the rank of apprentice and their training in Alchemy can begin.

(Other rank information coming soon)

---------------------------------------------------

~The Druid Code~

Always act according to your conscience.

I. Respect.
Respect and value every life. Every life, small of big, equals every other one.

II. Protection.
Every life is worth being protected. It should be the task of a Druid to protect life if he can do so.

The nature is the source of every life’s vigour. The Druids are to preserve and guard the nature, as by so doing they preserve and guard the source of all life.

III. Peaceableness.
Always pursue peace and be consistent with your environment. The peace should always be the most desirable way.

IV. Justice.
Be just and wise in your decisions and make them with the knowledge that every life is of the same value.

Thus, grant everyone, be he or she friendly towards you or not, the same justice in your decision.

V. Neutrality.
Seek for balance in all things.
This also includes acting towards other living beings. Try to mediate and reach peaceful solutions, but do not take sides in a fight which is not yours.

VI. Loyality.
Be faithful to your conscience, the codex, the Academy and its members, and your friends. Support them as they would support you.

VII. Knowledge.
Try to accumulate knowledge of nature. Share your experience with the members of the Academy as they share their with you.

Preserve the secrets that are given to you and do not pass them on lightly

((Code taken from Druids of the forest.http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... hp?t=30645))

~The Alchemist Code~

I. Respect
Respect all living things, do not take life is it can be avoided, should an animal be killed use EVERYTHING from it.

II. Protection.
Every life is worth being protected. It should be the task of an Alchemist to protect life if he can do so.

III. Peace
Peace should always be the most desirable, if a fight starts try to resolve it without Violence. Do not go around and pointlessly kill "Beasts"(undead not included since they are already dead)

IV. Justice.
Be just and wise in your decisions and make them with the knowledge that every life is of the same value.

V. Neutrality.
Seek for balance in all things.
This also includes acting towards other living beings. Try to mediate and reach peaceful solutions, but do not take sides in a fight which is not yours.

VI. Loyality.
Be faithful to your conscience, the codex, the Academy and its members, and your friends. Support them as they would support you.

VII. Knowledge.
Try to accumulate knowledge of nature. Share your experience with the members of the Academy as they share their with you.

Preserve the secrets that are given to you and do not pass them on lightly

((Much of this code is also taken fron "Druids of the Forest", link can be found under the Druid Code))

~Members~

The Council
~Ronan Redberry
~Velisai
~Keekoo

Masters

Druid/Alchemist

Novice Druid/Alchemist

Adept

Apprentice
~Borgus
~Yvanna

Initiate
~Albert Dorton

Crafters and Herbalists
~Rupert Rosethorn

Teachers
~Ronan Redberry
~Keekoo

~Laws of the Academy~

All laws of the guild are as follows:

~No selling recipes or giving them away!

~All members are expected to follow te laws of the academy at all times as well as the laws of other guilds and towns when within their lands.

~There is to be no stealing from ANYONE including members and non-members and is punishable by suspention or expultion.

~Murder of ANYONE is punishable by expultion and being turned in to the proper authorities.

~In the case of self defence killing can be excepted though it is not encouraged and an appeal must be made to the council before one can resume their studies.

~All members of the guild are to be treated with respect(Avoid insults. No Threats, no Racist or Sexist remarks)

~The crafters and herbalists of the guild are to be treated with as much respect as any other guild members, though they are not training with potions they make the jobs of the students and teachers much easier.

~All members wishing to become teachers are to appeal to the council, if they are found worthy of teaching it shall be declaired on the board, the new teacher may begin to take students after 3 dwarven days.

~When a person reaches the rank of novice Druid or Alchemist they can appeal to be a teacher for anyone of a lower rank then themselves.

(The board will be under alot of change over the next few weeks)

~Relations~
The Academy is currently neutral twords all other guilds and towns.
Last edited by Academy of Herbology on Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:42 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Academy of Herbology

All people wishing to be members please fill in this form and either post it here or send it to a teacher.

Name:

Race:

Druid or Alchemist:

Other Comments:
Last edited by Academy of Herbology on Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Academy of Herbology

News and Events

All happenings within the guild, new members, and public events will be posted here.

10 Ronas year 28: The academy is officialy formed.

Please Welcome Albert Dorton to the Academy!
Last edited by Academy of Herbology on Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dorton

Post by Dorton »

Name: Albert Dorton

Race: Human

Druid or Alchemist: Alchemist

Other Comments: Since my youth I have studied the many laws and techniques surrounding the art of Alchemy and now I wish to join your Academy and put my philosophical knowledge towards a more practical use and learn how to brew concotions to ensure a better standard of living for the inhabitants of Gobaith.
donaideenn

Applicant

Post by donaideenn »

Name: Gladewood Oak

Race: Elf

Druid/Alchemist: Alchemist

Other Comments: I wish to become an Alchemist through your Academy if you'll have me. I wish to become knowledge-able in this proffession/trade so that I may teach the younger generations and next era elves.

((forum acct. Donaideenn))
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

*A note is left on the board*

I am seeking a skilled druid with the ability to a make a variety of potions and possibly a quantity if this may be possible.

Thank you, please send a dove to Joxia
wolfsword

Post by wolfsword »

The parchement is ripped off.
Last edited by wolfsword on Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
AdamsJr

Post by AdamsJr »

Academy of Herbology wrote:All people wishing to be members please fill in this form and either post it here or send it to a teacher.

Name:Rasmeldar Meltoc

Race:Human

Druid or Alchemist:Druid

Other Comments:
Interested in learning herbology and Runic if applicable.
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

Name: Myra Gray

Race: Human

Druid or Alchemist: Alchemist

Other Comments: I have been on the island for almost a year now and have independently searched for a teacher. This hasn't gone well, and as such I have decided it is now time to search for a teacher in an established group. I have already learned much about Herb Lore and what is located where myself although I am sure there is much more that I need to learn other then that. I look forward to working with the Academy of Herbology in the future, both as a student, and perhaps as a teacher in the future.
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

Dear friends,

Due to my time away, and that I must leave forever due to some troubles in my homeland I must say farewell. From what I have seen most members are gone. Thank you for trying to keep it together while I was away Vel.

As of this moment the Academy is officialy closed!

Signed,
Ronan

((lock please))