'Class Descriptions'

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Llama

'Class Descriptions'

Post by Llama »

Creating a character is the first impression new players get when they start a game, and therefore we should make it as 'interesting' as possible.

Firstly, make it clear that the attributes/packages do not have any long-term effect and are simply what you start off with. Explain that illarion has no fixed classes et cet.

Either way, this fairly simple suggestion is to give descriptions of the 'classes' when you choose attributes and starting package.

For the attributes, the starting package should describe the main + and -ve of each class

Ex:

"Archers should have a high perception and high dexterity. The perception helps them hit targets more effectivly, while the dexterity helps them aim better, helping also to increase the quality of bows and arrows if they wish to fletch them themselves"

Moreover upon mousing over each attribute a short description of what each is used for should be provided.

No more 'guessing' what each attribute is used for please.
-

For the starting package, an explanation of how to start off should be given.

Ex:

"Archers fight from afar. While a bow and arrow is the most obvious way to start, it is often best to obtain pebbles and a sling, pebbles being cheap and easy to obtain. An archer should avoid getting into hand-to-hand combat, so should probably travel in a group"

You get the idea. I can write them out myself if this has a chance of being implemented.
Dangron

Post by Dangron »

Good idea, would be really helpful to the new players.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

I know Illarion as a RPing game doesn't want to concentrate on the skills however it is very confusing for new players who would like their skills to match their RP they plan for their chars to a certain extent. I like this idea.
Ashayen

Post by Ashayen »

Achae Eanstray wrote:I know Illarion as a RPing game doesn't want to concentrate on the skills however it is very confusing for new players who would like their skills to match their RP they plan for their chars to a certain extent. I like this idea.
Can't say it better. Very good idea!
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

...do it?
Llama

Post by Llama »

Attribute mouse-over
(Where I'm wrong, please correct me)

Strength: Strength determines how much damage you do in melee, and how much a character is able to carry. Strenght is most important for barbarians and those who need to carry a lot - such as miners or lumberjacks

Agility: Agility determines how fast the character moves over rough ground, and how quick they are to dodge and attack. Agility is most important for fighters wearing light armour who use small weapons.

Constitution: Constitution determines how much health a character has, and how quickly they recover from their wounds. Characters planning on getting into combat should have a good constitution.

Dexterity: Dexterity determines how nimble your fingers are. Crafters find dexterity very important.

Intelligence: Intelligence determines how quickly a character learns, and how magically inclined he or she is. Mages require a lot of intelligence, as do characters who wish to learn faster.

Perception: Perception determines how well a person hits or dodges, and how precisely they can view the quality of items. Fighters require it for the former, while crafters need it for the latter.

Willpower: Willpower determines how long a character can study for, and how magically inclined he or she is. Mages require good willpower.

Essence: Essence determines how much a character is in touch with mana and the world around him. Mages require good essence to be able to cast spells more frequently.
---
Last edited by Llama on Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valione

Post by Valione »

Constitution: Constitution determines how much health a character has. Characters planning on getting into combat should have a good constitution.
Maybe something a bit more like "Constitution determines how much endurance your body can handle. Those with a high constitution are less likely to get a nasty bug, or are able to heal more efficiently than those with a low constitution...blah blah."

It isn't really only for how much health you have.
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

It does help resist damage, my fighter char can take alot less damage from a demon skeleton without armor than my not fighter char.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Attribute Packages

Knight - A knight is a fighter who regularly gets into close combat and excells at survival. For this knights have a high constitution and a good agility, with strenght helping for hand to hand combat.

Paladins - Paladins are holy fighters who sacrifice ability in combat in return for some slight priest magic aptitude. (Note: Priest magic is not implemented yet)

Ranger - Rangers are a mixture of archer and close fighter. They best use fast weapons which reflect their agility, and ranged weapons which is helped by the relativly high dexterity. They may also dabble in alchemy.

Archer - Archers are characters who stay away from close combat and attack enemies from afar with their bows. Their high dexterity and perception helps them if they wish to craft their own bows and arrows.

Barbarian - Barbarians are strong, tough characters who use concussion weapons to crush their foes. Their high strenght and constitution help them survive fighters for longer.

Thief - Theives use their agility to stay out of trouble, preferring to fight with daggers or other light weapons. (Note: Theiving is not mechanically possible, but should be roleplayed)

Battlemage - A battlemage is a mage which is capable of surviving a degree of close combat. While primarily a mage with good intelligence, essence and willpower, the average constitution makes him or her less weak than a normal mage (Note: Magic learning requires finding a teacher ingame, and is best left for experienced roleplayers)

Mage - A mage is a magic user which is capable of casting powerful spells at a distance, but is useless in close combat. His high intelligence, essence and willpower makes him a good caster, but his low constitution makes him surprisingly easy to kill. (Note: Magic learning requires finding a teacher ingame, and is best left for experienced roleplayers)

Druid - A druid collects herbs from the ground and mixes them to produce potions which give special abilities. Druids aren't designed for fighting, and are best kept out.

Bard - A bard entertains others with songs, stories and acting. Sometimes there's a hint of magic in them as well (Note: Bard magic is not implemented yet)

Priest - A priest uses the power of his gods to cast prayers. The high willpower and essence helps his chances of receiving a response (Note: Priest magic is not implemented yet)

Miner - A miner hacks at rocks to find ores and gems. The high strenght helps him carry more, and the dexterity helps him should he decide to smith what he digs out from the ground.

Crafter - A crafter converts raw materials to produce finished goods to be sold to others are used by himself. High dexterity helps him produce good quality items, and perception gives him a truthful reading of just how good his work is

Farmer - The farmer works to grow food from seeds, selling them to cooks or cooking them himself.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Druid - A druid collects herbs from the ground and mixes them to produce potions which give special abilities. Druids aren't designed for fighting, and are best kept out.
A druid uses powerful druid magic with their love of nature to be able to see into plants, potions, and all living things. They collect herbs to make potions and can treat illness. No one is quite sure what else they can accomplish. They aren't designed for fighting.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Achae Eanstray wrote:
A druid uses powerful druid magic with their love of nature to be able to see into plants, potions, and all living things. They collect herbs to make potions and can treat illness. No one is quite sure what else they can accomplish. They aren't designed for fighting.
Hey, maybe it should be changed to "Alchemist" instead?

*wink wink nudge nudge*
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:
Achae Eanstray wrote:
Hey, maybe it should be changed to "Alchemist" instead?

*wink wink nudge nudge*
Even better IMO since Druid.. at least to me, is more an RP venue involving much more then simple potions.

If changed to Alchemist I would put: An alchemist uses powerful magic to be able to see into plants, potions, and all living things. They collect herbs to make potions yet no one is quite sure what else they can accomplish. They aren't designed for fighting
Llama

Post by Llama »

Uh, any chance of someone translating / implementing this ?
Athian

Post by Athian »

old
Battlemage - A battlemage is a mage which is capable of surviving a degree of close combat. While primarily a mage with good intelligence, essence and willpower, the average constitution makes him or her less weak than a normal mage (Note: Magic learning requires finding a teacher ingame, and is best left for experienced roleplayers)
new

Battlemage - A battlemage is a mage which is capable of surviving a degree of close combat. They're magical appitiude fall well beyond the common man but not to the very peak of magery. To make up for this battlemages train there average bodies in combat to perform in tandem with their magical skills.

(takes more then just constitution in this case, so your description is misleading, also better to leave it a bit vague rather then name stats in the description)

the Druid/Alchemist thing is similar to the Battlemage/warlock thing. it's merely an RP name for a technical device. However in this case the term Druid is more common then "warlock" is to battlemage. Changing the term seems pointless, it is in fact the same thing regardless of what you call it. let the difference be in a persons RP of there character, not in the technical descriptions.

@ Rangers: weren't rangers supposed to be able to use Druidic magic to some degree? Covering the warrior/druid area like paladin and Battlemage did for mage and priest magics? I would see that more then simply a 'dabble' frankly put it might be hard to get a character capable of doing all three things since it would need good magic and probably at least around average in other stats to use a single weapon without dying (unless they are willing to PG like mad :wink:)
Llama

Post by Llama »

I based my description on the recommended stats shown, if they are incorrect then its not really my fault, you confuse players telling them that battlemages need a good agil if the recommended stat is rubbishy
Alsaya

Post by Alsaya »

I just translated Hadrians now, it is easy enough to change if there is something incorrect.
Stärke: Stärke ermittelt wieviel Schaden du in einem Handgemenge du machst und wieviel dein Charakter tragen kann. Stärke ist sehr wichtig für Barbaren und für jemanden der viel tragen muss, wie zum Beipsiel Bergarbeiter und Holzfäller.

Schnelligkeit: Schnelligkeit ermittelt wie schnell der Charakter ist, wenn er über unebenen Boden geht und wie schnell er beim Angreifen oder Abwehren ist. Schnelligkeit ist sehr wichtig für Kämpfer, welche leichte Rüstung tragen und keine Waffen benutzen.

Ausdauer: Ausdauer ermittelt wie viel Lebensenergie ein Charater hat und wie schnell er sich von Wunden erholt. Charaktere, welche planen in den Kampf zu ziehen, sollten eine gute Ausdauer haben.

Geschicklichkeit: Geschicklichkeit ermittelt wie geschickt deine Finger sind. Handwerker sollten Geschicklichkeit sehr wichtig finden.

Intelligenz: Intelligenz ermittelt wie schnell ein Charakter lernt und wie stark die magische Neigung ist. Magier brauchen eine hohe Intelligenz, genau wie Charaktere, welche schnell lernen möchten.

Wahrnehmung: Wahrnehmung ermittelt wie gut eine Person trifft und ausweicht und wie gut er die Qualität von Gegenständen einschätzen kann. Kämpfer benötigen es für Ersteres und Handwerker für Letzteres.

Willenskraft: Willenskraft ermittelt wie lange ein Charakter lernen kann und wie stark die magische Neigung ist. Magier brauchen eine hohe Willenskraft

Essenz: Essenz ermittelt wie sehr ein Charakter mit Mana und der Welt um sich herum verbunden ist. Magier brauchen eine gute Essenz, um öfter Zauber wirken zu können.

-----------------------------

Ritter: Ein Ritter ist ein Kämpfer, welcher öfter in Nahkämpfe kommt und sich im Überleben hervortut. Daher haben Ritter eine gute Ausdauer, eine hohe Schnelligkeit und Stärke für Handgemenge.

Paladin: Paladine sind heilige Kämpfer, welche ihr Können im Kampf opfern, im Tausch gegen wenige Priesterfähigkeiten. (Beachte: Priestermagie ist noch nicht implementiert)

Waldläufer: Waldläufer sind eine Mischung aus Bogenschützen und Nahkämpfern. Sie benutzen meist schnelle Waffen, welche ihre Schnelligkeit unterstreicht und, da sie eine relativ hohe Geschicklichkeit aufweisen, Distanzwaffen. Sie versuchen sich vielleicht auch in Alchemie.

Bogenschütze: Bogenschützen sind Charaktere, welche sich von Nahkämpfen fern halten und Feinde von weiter weg mit Bögen angreifen. Ihre hohe Geschicklichkeit und Wahrnehmung hilft ihnen, wenn sie ihre eigenen Bögen und Pfeile herstellen möchten.

Barbar: Barbaren sind starke, zähe Charaktere, welche Schlagwaffen benutzen um ihre Feinde zu zerquetschen. Ihre hohe Stärke und Ausdauer hilft ihnen Kämpfer zu überleben.

Dieb: Diebe nutzen ihre Schnelligkeit um sich von Ärger fernzuhalten und ziehen es vor mit Dolchen oder anderen leichten Waffen zu kämpfen. (Beachte: Stehlen wird von der Engine nicht unterstützt, sollte aber gespielt werden)

Kampfmagier: Ein Kampfmagier ist ein Magier, welcher bis zu einem bestimmten Grad im Nahkampf überleben kann. Er ist zuerst ein Magier mit guter Intelligenz, Essenz und Willenskraft, doch die mittelmäßige Ausdauer macht ihn stärker als einen normalen Magier. (Beachte: Um Magie zu lernen muss man im Spiel einen Lehrer finden und sollte erfahreren Rollenspielern überlassen werden)

Magier: Ein Magier kann mächtige Zauber aus einiger Distanz wirken, ist aber nutzlos in Nahkämpfen. Seine hohe Intelligenz, Essenz und Willenskraft macht ihn zu einem guten Zauberer, doch seine niedrige Ausdauer, macht ihn überraschender Weise zu einem leichten Opfer. (Beachte: Um Magie zu lernen muss man im Spiel einen Lehrer finden und sollte erfahreren Rollenspielern überlassen werden)

Druide: Ein Druide sammelt Kräuter vom Boden und mischt diese, um Tränke herzustellen, welche spezielle Fähigkeiten geben. Druiden sind nicht zum kämpfen gemacht und sollten daher außen vor gelassen werden.

Barde: Ein Barde unterhält andere mit Liedern, Geschichte und Schauspielerei. Manchmal ist ein wenig Magie verborgen in diesen. (Beachte: Bargenmagie ist noch nicht implementiert)

Priester: Ein Priester benutzt die Macht seines Gottes um Gebete zu wirken. Die hohe Willenskraft und Essenz erhöhen die Chance dabei eine Antwort zu bekommen (Beachte: Priestermagie ist noch nicht implementiert)

Bergarbeiter: Ein Bergarbeiter zerhackt Gestein um Erze und Edelsteine zu finden. Die hohe Stärke hilft ihm mehr zu tragen und Geschicklichkeit hilft ihm, sollte er sich dazu entscheiden, zu schmieden was er gefunden hat.

Handwerker: Ein Handwerker macht aus rohen Materialien Gegenstände, die er verkaufen oder selber benutzen kann. Hohe Geschicklichkeit hilft ihm Gegenstände in guter Qualität herzustellen und Wahrnehmnung gibt ihm eine gute Idee darüber, wie gut sein Werkstück ist.

Bauer: Ein Bauer baut Obst und Gemüse an, um diese hinterher an Köche zu verkaufen oder es selber zu kochen.
Llama

Post by Llama »

<3 Alsaya
Athian

Post by Athian »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:I based my description on the recommended stats shown, if they are incorrect then its not really my fault, you confuse players telling them that battlemages need a good agil if the recommended stat is rubbishy
the reccomended stats shown are actually still somewhat off and that hasn' ever been fixed, though i did suggest it awhiles back.

with any of the halfer classes warrior/priest(paladin) warrior/mage(battlemage) warrior/druid (ranger) you might as well throw those old formulas right out the window. They will need basically good magic and then average everything else or somewhere along the line it falls through, it's mutable to some degree for said mixed classes but not very much.

So yes a Battlemage/paladin/ranger would want at least average agility. Since Agil will effect his chances of dodging the things that are going to be beating him to death while he tries to cast. To be warrior anything in part your going to need to use the skills of dodge, parry, ___ weapons and tactics. it's not really a balanced right nor do i think it ever will be but them the breaks.

the descritpions are good as i see it, though I feel some are too specific. Less naming of actual needed stats would look nicer. the player making the character will see them in the recommended stats. Eventually maybe it'd be nice to get around to tweaking the recommended stats themselves.
maryday

Post by maryday »

@Athian; chopped some of the repeatin`s out..though still naming the stats directly a bit too often for my taste....

Do what you want with it.
I`ve beefed it up a bit..and added some..spicy supplement, if you like... :wicked:

Can put some more work into it, if anyone likes that.
Though maybe no translations right now.

Stärke: Stärke wirkt sich direkt auf den Schaden, welchen du in einem Handgemenge machst aus, und welche Lasten ein Charakter tragen kann. Kraft ist sehr wichtig für Barbaren und für jemanden der viel tragen muss, beispielsweise Bergarbeiter und Holzfäller.

Schnelligkeit: Schnelligkeit des Charakters legt fest, wie geschwind er über unebenen Boden geht und wie schnell er angreifen oder abwehren kann. Schnelligkeit ist sehr wichtig für Kämpfer, welche leichte Rüstung tragen und keine, oder leichte Waffen nutzen.

Ausdauer: Ausdauer macht sich an der Lebenskraft eines Charaters bemerkbar und wie schnell er sich von Wunden erholt. Charaktere, welche planen in die Schlacht zu ziehen, sollten ein gutes Durchaltevermögen haben.

Geschicklichkeit: Geschicklichkeit ist ein ungefähres Maß, wie flink deine Finger sind. Nur die behendesten Handwerker werden zu Meistern ihres Faches werden.

Intelligenz: Intelligenz ermittelt wie schnell ein Charakter lernt und wie stark die astrale Gebundenheit ist. Magier brauchen eine hohe Denkfähigkeit, genau wie Charaktere, welche schnell lernen möchten.

Wahrnehmung: Wahrnehmung erhöht die Treffsicherheit einer Person, die Möglichkeit des Ausweichens und wie gut die Qualität von Gegenständen einschätzt werden kann. Kämpfer benötigen es für Ersteres und Handwerker für Letzteres.

Willenskraft: Willenskraft ermöglicht einem Charakter längere Zeit ohne Unterbrechung zu lernen, stärkt die magische Durchsetzungsfähigkeit und Beständigkeit. Die willenstärksten Magier werden die mächtigsten sein...

Essenz: Essenz stellt dar wie sehr ein Charakter mit Mana und der Welt um sich herum verbunden ist. Magier brauchen eine starke Essenz, um höhere Mengen von Astralenergie aufnehmen und kanalisieren zu können.

-----------------------------

Ritter: Ein Ritter ist ein ausgebildeter Krieger, welcher öfter in Nahkämpfe kommt und sich in handfester Überlebenskunst hervortut. Daher benötigen Ritter eine gute Ausdauer, eine hohe Schnelligkeit und Stärke für ein erfolgreiches Auskommen in Handgemengen.

Paladin: Paladine sind gläubige Kämpfer, welche Kampffähigkeiten opfern, im Tausch gegen wenige Priesterfähigkeiten, auf der Suche nach Anerkennung in den Augen der Götter, und Anleitung der Lebenden zu einem gefälligeren Leben. (Beachte: Priestermagie ist noch nicht implementiert)

Waldläufer: Waldläufer haben den Gebrauch von Fernkampfwaffen und schnellen Handwaffen erlernt um ihre Schnelligkeit und Geschicklichkeit im Kampf gegen ihre Feinde voll einzubringen. Ihre Naturverbundenheit verschafft ihnen grundlegendes Wissen der Alchemie.

Bogenschütze: Bogenschützen sind Charaktere, welche sich von Nahkämpfen fern halten und es vorziehen, Feinde von weiter weg mit Bögen angreifen. Ihre hohe Geschicklichkeit und Wahrnehmung hilft ihnen, wenn sie ihre eigenen Bögen und Pfeile herstellen möchten.

Barbar: Barbaren sind starke, zähe Charaktere, welche Schlagwaffen benutzen um ihre Gegner zu zerquetschen. Ihre hohe Stärke und Ausdauer macht sie zu zähen, überlebensfähigen Kämpfern.

Dieb: Diebe nutzen ihre Schnelligkeit um sich von Ärger fernzuhalten und ziehen es vor mit Dolchen oder anderen leichten Waffen zu kämpfen. (Beachte: Stehlen wird von der Engine nicht unterstützt, sollte aber gespielt werden)

Kampfmagier: Ein Kampfmagier ist ein Magier, welcher bis zu einem bestimmten Grad im Nahkampf überleben kann. Er ist zuerst ein Magier mit guter Intelligenz, Essenz und Willenskraft, doch die mittelmäßige Ausdauer macht ihn zäher als einen normalen Magier. (Beachte: Um Magie zu lernen muss man im Spiel einen Lehrer finden und sollte erfahreren Rollenspielern überlassen werden)

Magier: Ein Magier kann mächtige Zauber aus einiger Distanz wirken, ist aber nutzlos in Nahkämpfen. Seine hohe Intelligenz, Essenz und Willenskraft macht ihn zu einem guten Zauberer, doch seine niedrige Ausdauer, macht ihn überraschender Weise zu einem leichten Opfer. (Beachte: Um Magie zu lernen muss man im Spiel einen Lehrer finden und sollte erfahreren Rollenspielern überlassen werden)

Druide: Ein Druide sammelt Kräuter vom Boden und mischt diese, um Tränke herzustellen, welche spezielle Fähigkeiten geben. Druiden wurden nicht zum Kampf erkoren und mögen Ebensolchem wohl aus dem Weg gehen.

Barde: Ein Barde unterhält andere mit Liedern, Geschichte, Schauspielerei und Neuigkeiten. Manchmal ist ihnen ein wenig, verborgene, Magie beschert. (Beachte: Bargenmagie ist noch nicht implementiert)

Priester: Ein Priester benutzt die Macht seines Gottes um Gebete zu wirken. Die hohe Willenskraft und Essenz erhöhen die Chance dabei erhört zu werden. (Beachte: Priestermagie ist noch nicht implementiert)

Bergarbeiter: Ein Bergarbeiter sucht im Gestein Erz und Edelstein zu finden. Die hohe Stärke gibt ihm mehr zu Tragkraft und Geschicklichkeit hilft ihm, sollte er sich dazu entscheiden zu schmelzen und zu verütten was er gefunden hat.

Handwerker: Ein Handwerker macht aus rohen Materialien Gegenstände, die er verkaufen oder selber benutzen kann. Hohe Geschicklichkeit hilft ihm Gegenstände in guter Qualität herzustellen und Wahrnehmnung gibt ihm Wissen darüber, wie stabil und nützlich sein Werkstück wirklich ist.

Bauer: Ein Bauer baut Obst und Gemüse an, um diese hinterher an Köche zu verkaufen oder sie selber zu verarbeiten.

---

Ritter: Es ist ein langer und harter Weg, ein wahrhaft großer Krieger zu werden, und das kleinste Straucheln kann zu Verletzung oder Tod führen. Dass schlimmste Jedoch wären Hohn und Verachtung jener, die über Ihm stehen.
"Ein Herr und ein Schwert! Ohne Schwert magst du sterben, aber ohne Herr mußt Du fliehen..."

Paladin: Die Wege der Götter sind steil und verschlungen, und es vermag viel Hingabe und Opferbereitschaft, ihren Absichten Genüge zu tun.
"Ein Schwert und ein Schild. Nutze das Erste bedacht, und dein Herz wird das Zweite sein!"

Waldläufer: Das Leben ist ein Kreislauf, und wenigsten Sterblichen ist es beschieden, dem Fluss des Lebens zu folgen, ohne sich in sinnlosem Leiden zu verschulden.
"Halt still..es wird nicht wehtun.."

Bogenschütze: Auf des Königs Jagd oder auf dem Schlachtfeld, ohne Hilfe wäre Niemand, was Er ist.
"Nein, es sieht nur so aus, als trüge Ich Pfeile mit der Markierung unseres Herren in meinem Köcher..seht, meine sind gebraucht."

Barbar: Manchmal ist es besser, die Wege alleine zu beschreiten, bis man seine wahre Bestimmung gefunden hat.
*Schüttelt den Kopf langsam, ohne den Blick zu senken*

Dieb: Letztendlich ist es eine Frage des Standpunktes, was Eigentum, Besitz und Ehrenhaftigkeit miteinander zu tun haben.
"..na und dann hab`Ich gesagt..Wir gehen jetzt erstmal gemeinsam zur Wache..da ist Er echt hingegangen.."

Kampfmagier: Der Wille einen Weg zu beschreiten, ist besser als keinen zu haben.
"Formation!..Seid Ihr des Wahns?!..FORMATION!..."

Magier: Den meisten ist es nicht möglich einem Pfad zu folgen, an welchem nicht jede Meile ein Wegweiser steht. Manche schaffen es tatsächlich, der Weg, der Wegweiser und die Füße zu sein, während der Kopf schon lange da ist.
"DAS glaube Ich nicht. Weder die Bücher, noch meine Überlegungen legen DIES nahe..."

Druide: Die Dinge haben ihren Platz, auf dem großen Rad der Dinge. Manchmal muß man sich entscheiden, etwas zu tun. Manchmal muss man sich zwingen, nichts zu tun.
"Ich kann Euch verstehen...jedoch vielleicht...sind damit große Probleme verbunden..größere..."

Barde: Niemand will die Wahrheit höhren, und Niemand Sie wissen. Was Sollte man also am besten damit anfangen.
"Er war ein großer Mann. Aber sein Schwert brach, sein Herz stand still und sein Schild zerfiel zu Satub..und Warum?"

Priester: Sterblich zu sein, heißt nicht alleine zu sein. Jeder braucht manchmal Hilfe.
"Nein, oh Herr Verwalter, die Steuern sind nicht zu hoch...Die Leute haben noch etwas Brot vom letzten Jahr..."

Bergarbeiter: Es ist eine große Kunst all die einfachen Sachen zu beschaffen, die Andere für wichtig erachten. Es mag Künstler geben, unter jenen die die Ausbeute der Berge verarbeiten, aber die wahre Kunst verrichten Hände von Hauern und Klaubern.
"Soooo dick war die Ader..aber dann hat`s angefangen zu knacken...und jetzt hängt da alles..da brauchen Wir mindestens vierzig Schritt Ausbau..und dann erstmal den Stoß ausmauern..oder Wir fahren`s von oben an...in drei Jahren.."

Bauer: Die einfachsten Dinge können für Manche die schönsten sein, besonders wenn sie lange gefehlt haben. Gutes Essen zum Beispiel.
"..Denken..die haben Stiefel..und Schwerter..um durch die Felder zu trampeln..und was ist Morgen! Morgen kommt der Eintreiber...mit Erde an den Schuhen..und will die Pacht!"
Llama

Post by Llama »

May thou be bumped!
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

I may not be right with some of these attribute corrections but this is just what I was aware of, so correct me if I'm wrong.
Hadrian_Abela wrote:[Strength: Strength determines how much damage you do in melee, and how much a character is able to carry. Strenght is most important for barbarians and those who need to carry a lot - such as miners or lumberjacks
*Strength
Agility: Agility determines how fast the character moves over rough ground, and how quick they are to dodge and attack. Agility is most important for fighters wearing light armour who use small weapons.
Also extremely important for slashing weapons, but I think people will assume "small weapnos", means daggers. You should make it clear it's useful for people using blades.
Constitution: Constitution determines how much health a character has
Technically not, everyone has 10,000HP, it just decides how much damage they take. Besides, that doesn't sound very roleplay-ish. "Health", sounds like more of a gaming term.
Perception: Perception determines how well a person hits or dodges, and how precisely they can view the quality of items. Fighters require it for the former, while crafters need it for the latter.
It also affects your view in fog and how well you can see what people are carrying and that type of thing. Plus it used to be extremely important for druids. Is this still the case?
Willpower: Willpower determines how long a character can study for
Is that even true? I thought it just affected how much mana spells take, how powerful the spells are and how much effect your magic resistance has.
Essence: Essence determines how much a character is in touch with mana and the world around him. Mages require good essence to be able to cast spells more frequently.
The main thing about essence, other than increasing spell power and mana (like Int and Will do) is that it affects how much magic damage you take.

Also, as for the class descriptions:

*excels
*strength

Are Pallies' stats currently set so they're like battlepriests as in DnD?

*relatively
Also, dabbling in alchemy? I can see rangers collecting things and hunting animals in the forest etc. but not making potions.

*STRENGTH AGAIN

*survive fights for longer

*Thieves
*Thievery (not thieving)
And "should be" isn't open ended enough. "can be roleplayed" is better.
And "Mechanically" sounds a bit dodgy as well.

And most battlemages have bad intelligence, essence and willpower. Try something more middle of the range like "sufficient" or "decent". "Good" sounds to me like at least 14 in each stat, in which case they'll be completely useless at fighting.

I wouldn't use the third person for Mage because then your tenses always sound dodgy. Plus it's sort of implying mages are male. Try:

Mages are magic users who are capable of casting powerful spells at a distance, but are useless in close combat. Their high intelligence, essence and willpower make them excellent casters, but their low constitution make them very susceptible to physical damage. (Note: Learning magic requires you to find a teacher ingame, and is best left for experienced roleplayers)

I also wouldn't say "cast prayers". You say prayers, you don't CAST them. They use the power of prayer to xyz. It's a bit hard to fill in xyz when we don't even really know what priest magic will entail.

*STRENGTH

I'd change crafter to:

Crafters work raw materials in order to produce finished goods, which can be sold to others or used by themselves. High dexterity helps them to product good quality items, and perception allows him to accurately appraise his work.

For battlemage, I think Athian's description is a bit too complimentary.

Battlemage - Battlemages are mages who are capable of surviving a degree of close combat. They are capable of learning and wielding magic, and also weaponry, but they must train very hard in order to use their skills effectively.
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

Ich mag maryday's Beschreibungen. Die streuen noch etwas Zucker auf den Kuchen den ihr gerade backt.

+ + + + +

Hadrian's und Alsaya's Beschreibungen sind geil.

lg
Rince