new druid

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Raelith

new druid

Post by Raelith »

hi,
i am new and i recently started a druid character and i am having difficulty...

i am currently wandering around the continent aimlessly looking for a "druid to teach me" which is quite depressing because whenever i look at the online list is says that only 7-10 players are online.

i managed to train up my herblore skill with thanks to a player who is training to be a mage but the druidism and alchemy is still non existent.

ccan anyone offer any suggestion? maybe people only play for a certain amount of time at a certain time... ?

i read somewhere that the consistent level of new players is fairly low and not to belittle the game at all i can see why when there is too much emphasis on learning from other players when the older players cant be found
Jupiter
Developer

Re: new druid

Post by Jupiter »

Raelith wrote:i managed to train up my herblore skill with thanks to a player who is training to be a mage but the druidism and alchemy is still non existent.
I don't understand this.
However, we have an alchemy-system now.

Look in the guild topic, tehre you can find 2 druids-guilds.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

You can learn druidism on your own. To brew a potion, you need a cauldron, a bottle and some herbs. Use the cauldron while having the herbs you want to add to the brew in the hands of your character. This brew is not really a potion; you need to add gem powder, this can be bought from a NPC. However, for this last step, you need to drink a magical druid brew before, you can either try to mix it yourself (took me one minute to figure it out, without background knowledge) or try to contact other friendly druids:

http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... hp?t=28987
http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... hp?t=30645

I agree that one of the reasons for the low player number of Illarion is the hard/impossible way to learn magic; but it is only one reason among others.
Kappa

Post by Kappa »

Estralis Seborian wrote:... you can either try to mix it yourself (took me one minute to figure it out, without background knowledge) ...
Lucky one, there are endless permutations. I've heard several times people tried and failed.

Raelith, contact a guild. It's not only useful for your career but also to build up contacts with others, the flavor in ilarion. Interacting with lots of people.
Velisai

Post by Velisai »

Druids are hard to find, because they tend to avoid towns and there are so few of them. As a new player it really is a difficult task to even get to know one ingame.

You should've asked Vel more stuff when you met her. It would've helped you to ask her for her name and introduce yourself too. She tried to help you actually, but you missed the chance to get more than a few very basic hints out of her, because you didn't take the time to get to know her and pissed her off a little at the beginning by contradicting her remark about freedom with something she'd call bullshit. Don't run off so quickly next time and you may find out how helpful she can be.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Kappa wrote:Lucky one, there are endless permutations.
Permutations? I would have assumed it only counts the combinations, that way you can use Godel numbers to program them in.

If it uses permutations then I have no idea how anyone is supposed to work out anything
Raelith

Post by Raelith »

Estralis Seborian wrote:You can learn druidism on your own. To brew a potion, you need a cauldron, a bottle and some herbs. Use the cauldron while having the herbs you want to add to the brew in the hands of your character. This brew is not really a potion; you need to add gem powder, this can be bought from a NPC. However, for this last step, you need to drink a magical druid brew before, you can either try to mix it yourself (took me one minute to figure it out, without background knowledge) or try to contact other friendly druids
thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!

this is just the info i needed but kept getting told to wait for another druid...

Jupiter: when i said alchemy and druidism was non-existant i meant i could not figure out how to level it therefore i had no skill points. i didnt mean alchemy and druidism in general... just for me
Raelith

Post by Raelith »

Velisai wrote:Druids are hard to find, because they tend to avoid towns and there are so few of them. As a new player it really is a difficult task to even get to know one ingame.

You should've asked Vel more stuff when you met her. It would've helped you to ask her for her name and introduce yourself too. She tried to help you actually, but you missed the chance to get more than a few very basic hints out of her, because you didn't take the time to get to know her and pissed her off a little at the beginning by contradicting her remark about freedom with something she'd call bullshit. Don't run off so quickly next time and you may find out how helpful she can be.
i was actually attempting to role-play by answering your questions and i personally would find it rude if someone said to me "teach me this."

another thing... is that the alchemist that told me point blank that they are new themselves to druidism and alchemy so they will not be offering anyone assistance without me even having the chance to ask?

i wouldnt call that assistance
Last edited by Raelith on Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Velisai

Post by Velisai »

She could've told you which tools you need (you didn't ask that) and some more very interesting things, but not train you to be a druid. She told you alchemist and druid are not the same and she said, she didn't have all the knowledge you were looking for.
I picked her words carefully not to reveal too much to a stranger, but the hints were all there.
Raelith, contact a guild. It's not only useful for your career but also to build up contacts with others, the flavor in ilarion. Interacting with lots of people.
Take this advice, get to know people and you will see how much better you will fare. If you find the druid guilds are not the right thing for you, join any other that suits you. A guild gives your char purpose and greatly helps making friends.
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

Get y'erself to a guild, boy. It'll be good for yer.
8)