A few questions

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

BaggerMcGurk

A few questions

Post by BaggerMcGurk »

1.The text window says my character is in need of rest. How does one rest? OR is there something I can read to find out things like this?
2.When I first read the list of races before making a character, it included goblins and fairies, but I wasn't able to choose these for my character, but a day or two into the game I saw a goblin character(and a gnome as well). Must I do something special to be a goblin?
Theory

Post by Theory »

1. When you are logged in you get a "Status Message" which just tells you whether you're having a good or bad day. There is no gameplay mechanic about rest.

2. In order to be a special race you need to message a GM that works with that issue. You must PM them with a rather well thought out reason as to why you need to be that particular race.
BaggerMcGurk

Post by BaggerMcGurk »

I believe you, but just want to mention that it was not when i logged in that it said i needed rest, if that matters. It was after i had been fighting.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

That means you've reached your skillcap and you can't learn anything else. Just go off and roleplay for a while and after like an hour the cap will be gone and you'll be ready to learn again. Also, if you're logged out for like 4 hours your cap will go too.

And a final thing: There's two stages, first you're told you need to rest, then you're told you urgently need to rest to be fit again. At the first point you can still learn but it's just warning you. If you hit the second message it'll take a lot longer before you can learn again.
BaggerMcGurk

Post by BaggerMcGurk »

Got it. Thanks.