Pinned to the doors of the tavern, workshop, and library-

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Zzesskan

Pinned to the doors of the tavern, workshop, and library-

Post by Zzesskan »

The Inquisitors shall not act in the name of or represent the Goddess Sirani.

Though their purpose is virtuous, their actions are intolerable.

They seek to bring the fire of faith to the heart of the people, and their words are full of zeal and wisdom, but actions convey more than words ever will.
Because the Inquisitors punish those they view as offensive by baring their swords, I know in my heart that they do not represent the will of my Goddess and I can not condone such actions in her name.
Thus I implore them and the people.

I demand that the Inquisitors cease to act in the name of all gods and adjust their words to say that they act in the name of all but the Lady Sirani.
My Lady is the Goddess of Love and Harmony. It is not the way of the Inquisitors to invite harmony, but to demand obedience to their will and enforce it through the taste of the steel.

I am no leader of priests on this isle, but I call my sisters and brothers under Sirani to see the truth of my words and renounce the actions of the Inquisitors.
There is no greater example than the human life.

Sisters and Brothers, seek to show the isle our Goddess.

May love bless you and peace guide you,
Lavender
Follower of Sirani
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

Sister Lavender,

I assure you, that while the Inquisitors themselves may have somewhat disparagingly led themselves by the sword, I would much prefer the path of peace your Lady offers.
I pray that the Inquisitors shall be peaceful, when considering the Siranites, as they should with all religions. I do not wish for bloodshed.
The best way in which you can bring peace to this isle, is by being peaceful both by your actions, and by your thoughts. Do not think ill of the Inquisitors, they do only their duty; should they overstep it, then I will give you my full support, but for now you should allow them to continue their works.

In Eldan's Name,

Lord Archbishop Anthony Carthusiana, Ex.
Drelkan

Post by Drelkan »

Even love can make one bleed. While today can bring happiness, tomorrow can bring only sorrow.
Peace be with you, Lavender, for that your intention is pure, but as all, you are hasty in judgement of that you do not know of.
Worry only about worshipping your Godess, worry not about us, for we are only earthly vessels but our mission is sacred to all gods.
We are here to heal, not to destroy, and your strong faith proves you do not need healing.

-The High Inquisitors-
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

Drelkan wrote:We are here to heal,

You are here to heal? Then why do you cause so much pain even to the faithful?

~Unsigned~
Zzesskan

Post by Zzesskan »

Lord Archbishop Anthony Carthusiana,
I am in no position to stop these Inquisitors, Lord Archbishop. Indeed, few have proven able to stand in the face of the punishment this pair deals.

However, I will not stand idly by as the trail of wounded these two leave grows, for I fear to find where it shall end.

At best these two will find no peace, small though this isle is, the hearts of it's people shall not be changed by the prodding of weapons and harrying of men.
At worst these two will find destruction, and the hearts of the people will harden in the face of their own injustice.

Lavender, Follower of Sirani

*A second note has been pinned below*

Inquisitors,
I daresay I've seen enough of the punishment you deal and it is by my faith I am driven to speak against such violence.
The wrath of Sirani is the passion of a lover; heated words, not cold blades, are the tools of her retribution.
If you are to act in the name of all gods then all gods must be present in your actions.

I have listened to your words, whether or not you saw me as I was, and must say this:
I hold distain for the hypocrisy of those whose tongues declare faith yet cut and cow the hearts of the people.
Your words ring prettily, but your swords ring louder.

You mock the word by claiming to heal by the edge of a sword.
You mock Love itself by the violence you've brought to this isle.
And you mock my faith by claiming sanctity in the eyes of my Goddess.

May your passion consume itself,
And may the seed of peace blossom in the emptiness left behind.
Lavender
Follower of Sirani
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

This is some things I have found that are told about the Godess,

.She dislikes the word "bitch" - can become very furious when someone uses it near her or when insulted.

Many young females pray to her for advice in love or simple beauty tips. Most Sirani priests are good healers. Her followers believe in peace and harmony,and most of them do not like weapons or violence. In the Sirani temples, poor people are healed and given food, a place to sleep and work if they can. Some of those become Sirani priests.

And I have also heard that she has been known to act rashly out of jealousy.

But I think you get ahead of yoursrelf. The Inquisitors are not monsters, but teachers to those who disrespect and are hard to teach.

~-~Archduchess Joxia Doral~-~
donaideenn

An unknown lizard, walks to the board, seeing the name Joxia

Post by donaideenn »

Written hastily, almost looking as though it has been scratched in with claws is some poor common written by a Lizard-Folk

~Seems this Joxia Doorknob, sticks her nose in all the wrong places, even if they are not directed at her, surely soon, she will see what the term "mind your own business" means.

~Sneering, he walks off~