A Call for the Devout

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Bellringer

A Call for the Devout

Post by Bellringer »

Brothers and sisters, of all faiths,

The Archbishopric is an official borough, set up to monitor and apply religious leadership within the boundaries of Troll's Bane. We are to act as a moral compass for the city, when it is assailed on all sides by thieves, heretics and until recently mummies.
However, we cannot complete our mission without help. The Archbishopric cannot exist simply through myself - I require religious people of any proffession, though particularly priests and soldiers, to help us in our holy duty.
I intend to form a sacred militia, to exercise a defensive role within the Archbishopric. This is on a purely voluntary basis, and as such you may choose when you work - so long as that when defence of the Archbishopric, or a religious campaign is called for, you soldiers answer it.
Likewise, how can we operate without a strong ministerial position? I need priests who I can trust to give an example of holiness to Troll's Bane. You shall lead others into the religious life, and administer sacramental aid to those who require it. If I am particularly impressed by the priests beneath me, they shall be promoted to Bishops, who shall receive a nominary salary, and a vote as to who can be Archbishop - perhaps them, one day.

This is an urgent call! I require your help, to make Troll's Bane into a Holy City. I'm afraid we shall not represent the blood God, or the Lord of Thieves, but all other Gods are welcome within the Archbishopric. I am offering you a chance to serve your Gods, to excell within whatever fields you wish, and to attain promotion and respect within the city of Troll's Bane. You do not have to be a citizen to work within it, but only citizens may become Bishops, or Militia Captains. Join this, and see what a small commitment can do! Post here to sign up.

In Eldan's Name,

Expleti A. Carthusiana, Archbishop of Troll's Bane
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

Now that the madness of Mas has passed, may I draw the attention of the faithful once more to this pressing matter!

In Eldan's Name,
Lord Archbishop Anthony Carthuisana, Expleti
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

Blake calmly strolls through town, wand in hand however. He stands in front of the parchment and scans his surroundings momentarily before sliding a quill out of his pouch, dipping it in a small bottle of ink and scratches a missive under the last parchment.

Let it be known that due to the way the so-called Inquisitors have been "punishing" their targets without forewarning whatsoever, as soon as I see -any- of you, I shall strike you down until you are not able to stand on your legs without proper medical care. I shall not even greet you, nor give you the time to walk away.

I may be notoriously known for having a bad temperament and little patience, thus for once, I shall use my little patience to the advantage of the rest of the island. None of you are welcome here - even less than I am and it happens that for once, I concur with the gripes of all citizens, the Knighthood and others. I truly hope the Gods are as close to you as you claim they are, for you will need them once you meet the wrath of my magic.

You have all been warned. I worship the Gods as my parents taught me, not as some bandits coming out of some hole in the Mainland want to force me to.

In the name of the Gods, you will be struck down.

signed Blake Thorn,
Teacher of the Magic Academy
Athian

Post by Athian »

I find myself in an odd spot agreeing with someone like Blake, but considering I myself was a mark upon a list that apparently was meant to be a punishment list for the Godless, i can't say i do not feel slighted. I have served my Goddess in every capacity i am able as the teachings of my family and homeland bequeathed unto me.

To be judged by Bandits turned zealots whom know nothing about me is simply too much to forgive. Any whom stand against you i shall happily support if my eyes behold confrontation. Should I spy any of you know simply that you will not win the confrontation to follow. Your only hope will be to travel wary and travel together. Prepared or not, without your combined force you will be but tinder for my flames.

Perhaps you meant to show your power by striking down those whom have never caused you any harm but merely had reputation among the people on the isle. But you forget yourselves if you believe that slaying men and women for suck lack luster reasoning will win your favor, instead all you have managed to do it make enemies.

Before you are crushed by the avalanche caused by your actions, you might want to take the chance to start anew. There are many whom as of yet might be willing to forgive and forget your former actions.

Good luck finding them

Athian Corulas
Drelkan

Post by Drelkan »

A High Inquisitor walks past and notices the parchments, he looks over them with no emotion, no smile or frown but examining eyes. He turns and walks on.