Copper Mine chests

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Saigwin

Copper Mine chests

Post by Saigwin »

How about this...

In the copper mines there are old chests that when used. the items rot. How about making them the same as regular depots, linked within the mines on both levels, but have them accessible to everyone. So you could place ore in them on the mine level and access it up the ladder to fill your mule, but risk having someone else pilfer your hard work.

I dont think it would cause a catostrofic colapse of the economy, but may lead to some interesting RP.

Saigwin
Tanistian_Kanea

Post by Tanistian_Kanea »

interesting idea. however i would like to change this to "elevator" or "lift" and "cart". and set up "shoots" and "tracks" to get the oar out easier.

so you would use the elevator or lifts to get it up a level. and these should be placed as directly above one another as possible, and have carts for moving things horizontally.

other then that, if player A puts ore in at location X. then player B should have the option to take it from location X or location Y before player A has a chance to take it or is en-route between location X and Y, thus player B steals from player A.

makes sense?
Last edited by Tanistian_Kanea on Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

The devs have stated before that the chests can not be scripted to not rot, for the entire community to have access to.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Tanistan, I have recently suggested (in an internal board), pretty much the jist of what you're saying.

As for the copper mine, it should be coming above ground (and mule friendly) soon enough.