How to play "Evil"

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Wow alex, why not make even less input and just post a "+1" message next time.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Yeah, that was totally to up my post count, which isn't even displayed.

Do you want me to display my post in Retard-O-Vision for you?
Pellandria wrote:"Being evil" is something you ~decide~ on, you are not born evil, you might be brougth up in a certaint way, but being evil is still a decission of your own.
I disagree, because I think that Dji is right.
Djironnyma wrote:There is no evil char or such thing. There is only your role /your char and the goals of your role. Some other chars may think your char is evil. But if you start to create a "evil" char, if you plan to bee soooo.... bad, you lose - such a char will never be authentic.
I agree, because I think that evil is not a choice of your own but based on your upbringing and your genetics. It's a mix of lust and greed and pride, and these things aren't a lifestyle choice, they're what you start off with. They're natural human instincts for survival. Some people just give into their instincts more easily. Evil people are just people who want to get their own way, perhaps through means that others would consider morally incorrect but they themselves see as acceptable. If you honestly think people say "Oh I think I'll be evil" then you have something wrong with you.
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

Last warning to be nice or I make you all dance the Hoedown Showdown with me.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Aegohl wrote:Last warning to be nice or I make you all dance the Hoedown Showdown with me.
I can't think of a more brutal punishment
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

Aegohl wrote:Last warning to be nice or I make you all dance the Hoedown Showdown with me.
*dances the Hoedown Showdown with Aegohl*
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Thats insane, you don't start with being "born" evil and even if your personality forms in a rather unpleasant way and shape, you wll never be ~forced~ to be evil, you can be insane that is correct, but that doesn't mean you are evil, someone who ~does~ inmoral things and exactly knows that these ~are~ inmoral is in my eyes evil, someone who steals to live is not evil, he is forced to do so in some cases, stealing is neither easy nor without risk, but someone who has a disability of some kind might just have this way to choose, thus you can't call him evil, either he steals or he dies.

As I mentioned, one decides to be evil, an evil person is not created nor is brougth up, at the end you ~always~ decide on your own if you want to make a step in one or another direction, yes your morals might lead you in one direction, but just because there is a blind beggar on the street I don't need to kick him, because my parents told me to or?

This is the same reason why most evil groups in illarion will never be fun to play with, while its true that the intenion of "evilness" can be injected with genes and with upbringing, people will never grasp that there is still a decission to make in the end, you are not forced to do it one or another way, if you act evil, because you make it look like your char has no other way to act than this, why do you act friendly around other "evil" chars then I wonder?

The same goes for a knight or a paladin, he might help people all the time, but he makes the ~decission~ to help, he is not forced in any way to help anyone.

Now let me use a rather simple example from what is truelly evil..and what is just insanety, because it seems you fail to draw a line.

Let us take the ~icons~ of slaugther, Leatherface and Freddy Krüger. Both where abused as childs and in leatherfaces case still as an adult, but Leatherface is unable to grasp the consequences of his actions, while Krüger is fully aware of what he is doing, he is activly searching for victims he can torture, thus he is evil and while this might be a bit of a stretch, but leatherface simply "defends" his home, the fact that he does not even reconize human beings as other things than ~food~ just is in favor of insanety rather than intended evilness.

So both are sadistic murderers, so both should be evil, while I disagree on that fact, is someone evil, because he or she is forced to something?
Does the way or the result of an action depend what is evil and what is not?

This in the end what this will come down to, how do you judge evil itself, is something evil, if it goes against a wide area of morals, on purpose or without, or is something evil, because the person who does this deed exactly knows that this is indeed evil and does it anyways, this is where authentic chars are created, if I have a char who is evil, because I say so, than you got some run down murderer, who actually has no reason to be evil other than my intention of him being evil, if you got a char who is smart enough to decide what he does, well here you go..there is an evil bastard ccoming right up.
Hawkmoon

Post by Hawkmoon »

Well... One "easy" way to play an evil char is to play the char as very egocentric and egoistic. I mean if a char ONLY think of what is best for him/her then it is a good start. If you then add that the char impulsive and don't consider laws and so as most people do, then you have a really evil char.
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

Pellandria wrote:..., someone who ~does~ inmoral things and exactly knows that these ~are~ inmoral is in my eyes evil,...
That exactly is the critical point. You use "immoral" just as a other word for evil. Immoral is also a point of view. Every char have a different view what is immoral and what isn't. Especially because we have so different cultures IG, a wild orc witch slaughter a animal at Radosh to get strength will do no immoral thing in his point of view or the point of view of his culture. A (normal) elf would say that useless killing of a animal will be immoral and evil....
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

I think for the sake of pure argumentation we could agree on certaint things, as evil chars mainly play against other chars and not against monster/creatures, concerns about nature can be thrown out for a moment, I doubt a new Warlock arises from the depts of moshrans reign to pee in the water supply of vanima.
Llama

Post by Llama »

*reads the guild charter*

This is going to all end in tears...
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:*reads the guild charter*

This is going to all end in tears...
And dancing! Countrify it, Llama boy!
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:*reads the guild charter*