Town Guard of Troll's Bane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Aust

Post by Aust »

Remember to knock next time.

Thank you.

~Daelyn Mitore~
Town Guard of TB

Post by Town Guard of TB »

Please welcome Hucu as a recruit of the guard.

~Captain Jonathn Cain~
Town Guard of TB

Now that Lt. Taliss has become the Archduke, I am in need of a new lieutenant. I would like all interested guards to leave me a letter with an explanation of why they think they are the best for the job.

Captain Jonathan Cain
Town Guard of TB

Jefferson Grey has been promoted.

Also a Guard meeting is scheduled for ((Friday 9/18 at 7pm GMT let me know if this is a problem)) ALL Guards are recommended to make an attempt to show, for in these dark times we need not only to be a beacon of strength, but to be beter prepared for an emergency at a moment's notice.

Captain Jonathan Cain
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

The meeting is starting in ((15 minutes)) at the jail.

Payment will be distributed to those that arrive.

captain Jonathan Cain
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

Altair White of the militia has joined the guard.

Captain Jonathan Cain
Town Guard of TB

Dahinar Sharpeye has been promted to a full guard.

Captain Jonathan Cain
Trollsbane Militia

Post by Trollsbane Militia »

Captain Jonathan Cain.

We must speak.

~Jefferson Gray
Elite of the Trollsbane Militia
<>
Town Guard of TB

Town Guard of TB wrote:The Town Guard of Troll's Bane is officially Disbanded. And and All keys are to be returned to Sir Jonathan Cain.

All previously enlisted guards are now officially removed from the ranks of the Guard. All items and funds of the Guard are voided in the eyes of the City.

We have failed you, the people of Troll's bane. We have failed you, the people of Gobaith.

Sir Jonathan Cain,
Knight of the Knighthood of Gobaith
Former Captain of the Guard of the Free Town of Troll's Bane,
Former Citizen of the Free Town of Troll's Bane,
Former Officer of the Riverside grovestriders,

Free man for life, until the Prince rips it from my dead clasp.
PopQuiz

Post by PopQuiz »

Gereon
You need to contact Edwin (board name Mesha) or Kenfric (board name PopQuiz) to get instructions regarding your position. I will need you to confirm in person.
Kenfric Shalpert
zda

Post by zda »

dain irofoot is wanted for stealing a shield i. i asked what had happen and the don andruwe(the person that the shiled was stolen from )said that some one layed it down on the ground for him to get and dain ran up and took it and ran off we tried to stop him but he ran out of town.

zach dawson
PopQuiz

Post by PopQuiz »

Members of the Town Guard:

Dukes:
Roland Ross
Geralt Devan

Captain:
Edwin (Military Advisor)

Guards:
Kenfric Shalpert (Recruiter)
Lexis Katarino
Tirrend Skye
Anon D'Athen

Recruits:
Grokk
Zach Dawson

Rules and Regulations of the Town Guard

The Town Guard is given the duty to protect and secure a peaceful haven within the Town Borders.

The Troll's Bane Town Guard will act within the borders of Troll's Bane and within the laws of Troll's Bane. The guard will be observed by the Military Advisor, Dukes, and/or the Prince.

If any member of the Town Guard is seen unjustly extorting power, please report his/her actions to his superiors. Swift punishments will depend on the validity of the report and the extent of the event in question.

The Town Guard of Troll's Bane was founded to enforce the laws of Troll's Bane and to protect the citizens of Troll's Bane as well as to serve the Prince.

In situations of emergency or an investigation the citizens are asked to obey the word of the Town Guard. Hindering them in their duty or resisting them is prohibited. Guards given this position are fully capable of using authority, with reason. To participate in protecting the town and its citizens, please apply for the position of Guard.
A direct attack on any member of the Town Guard is dealt with swiftly!

In most cases, Guards will wait for a trial before deciding the fate of an apprehended criminal. However, if the life of a citizen or the life of a Guard is in direct danger, a criminal tries to escape, or major rules of Troll's Bane are violated, the standing Guard member has several options available to him/her.

Laws and Responsibilities

• All members of the Town Guard, whether Recruit or Guard are to keep peace within the town and aid all of those in need.
• All members of the Town Guard are responsible to keep out anyone banned from town.
• A full member of the Town Guard will observe the Recruits, will monitor their actions, and will report any problems.

• A Recruit of the Town Guard has very little power to ban/imprison, and must seek a full Guard to do these tasks. They are not given a key to the Town Jail.

• A Recruit may draw arms in town if need arises.

• A full Guard can command a Recruit and call a Recruit to his aid.

• The Guard is not a Militia.

• The Guard is formed to aid Troll's Bane, and to serve the Prince.

• Members of the Town Guard are to be respected as officials of Troll's Bane, acting within the will of the Prince.

Ranking system of the Town Guard of Troll's Bane:

The ranking system builds as follows:
Captain of the Town Guard
(announced by the Military Advisor)

Recruiter of the Town Guard
(announced by the Captain)

Guard of the Town Guard
(Recruits who have served a while and who have proven their loyalty shall be made Guards by the Captain.)

Recruit of the Town Guard
(Recruited by the Recruiter, though the Captain has the last word)

Pay per dwarven month:

Captain: 30 silvers
Recruiter: 25 silvers
Mage:: 25 silvers + mana potions when needed.
Guard: 25 silvers + equipment when needed.
Recruit: 15 silvers + equipment when needed.

Reports
Post below ((in character not ooc))
PopQuiz

Post by PopQuiz »

Ruler of Trolls Bane:
Salkmarien Prince Anarius

Members of the Town Guard: (updated)
Duke Geralt Devan
Duke Roland Ross

Captain:
Sir Edwin (Military Advisor)

Guards:
Squire Kenfric Shalpert (Recruiter)
Lexis Katarino ~resigned
Squire Tirrend Skye
Page Anon D'Athen
Zach Dawson

Recruits:
Grokk
Darius Kain
Olorin
Alexander Knight

Post by Alexander Knight »

zda wrote:dain irofoot is wanted for stealing a shield i. i asked what had happen and the don andruwe(the person that the shiled was stolen from )said that some one layed it down on the ground for him to get and dain ran up and took it and ran off we tried to stop him but he ran out of town.

zach dawson
The shield has been retrieved by myself by use of force.

~Alexander Knight
Grokk

Post by Grokk »

The incompetence of this town guard astounds me. I wish to report, once again, the assaults against me made by the human, Orioli. Months have passed since I reported these crimes, yet I have heard nothing from the town guard and my attacker still freely walks the streets of Troll's Bane, having suffered no consequences whatsoever.

Once again, here is a list of the crimes committed by Orioli:

Assault - A heavy glass beer mug was thrown by the offender, directly at my head, knocking me unconscious. The mug shattered and I fell onto the glass, causing numerous minor cuts to my arms and back.
Unnecessary Violence - See above.
Escaping Arrest - The offender then fled the scene, avoiding the two guards who witnessed the entire event.
Disturbance - The offender followed me around for several days, with the sole intention of insulting me, abusing me and refusing me peace.
Threat and Duress - The offender confronted me inside the city walls at a later date, drew her sword and held it against my neck. She verbally threatened to kill me multiple times.
Defamation - The offender has publicly labelled me a liar on several occasions, despite the absolute truth of my claims.

Signed,
Puck Tinglebeard.
Anon of D'Athen

Post by Anon of D'Athen »

Your report has been duly noted, Master Tinglebeard, and we are keeping an eye out for this woman. However, she has not been seen to my knowledge and so this does make her arrest difficult.

Anon of D'Athen,
Galthor

Post by Galthor »

On the 10th of Malas, around mid-morning, I was lured outside the Eastern Gate by two gentlemen posing as lost travellers. Once outside, a dagger was drawn, one of the men grabbed me and I was forced to part with belongings. The thieves took everything. My money. My food. My bag. My amulet. Even my walking staff. I am but a priest of Elara, and so had little to begin with. But now I have nothing. The men then threw me to the ground and fled across the bridge, I called for the guards at the gate, but, alas, the thieves had disappeared.

The one who appeared to be the older of the two wore a red bandanna. His hair was rather long, it covered most of his face, and was an unusual silvery colour. I would guess that he was in his early thirties. He had a heavily scarred face. A particularly distinctive scar ran from one of his eyes, the right I believe it was, down his cheek. He had an unusual voice and seemed very calm.

The other, younger one had a more ordinary face. He wore a long, grey cloak, so I was unable to get a good look at him. This one did most of the talking, and it was he who drew the dagger on me.

I know that Elara shall bring justice, and I hope that you can aid her in doing so.

Edric Galthor,
Servant of Elara, Priest of Justice.
PopQuiz

Post by PopQuiz »

Guard attacked!
The following are wanted in connection with that.
Alexander Knight (attacked guard, thief) 25 silver bounty
Jefferson Gray (attacked guard) 25 silver bounty
Sandro Arcanum (accomplice healed attackers) 10 silver bounty
Don Andrew (suspect) Has a right to explain his involvement
Estelwen (thief and accomplice) 10 silver bounty
Falyara (accomplice, arson) 10 silver bounty
PopQuiz

Post by PopQuiz »

Ruler of Trolls Bane:
Salkmarien Prince Anarius

Members of the Town Guard: (updated)
Duke Geralt Devan
Duke Roland Ross

Captain:
Sir Edwin (Military Advisor)

Guards:
Squire Kenfric Shalpert (Recruiter)
Squire Tirrend Skye
Page Anon D'Athen
Zach Dawson
Olorin
Etherim Mingil

Recruits:
Grokk
Darius Kain
Galim

Post by Galim »

To the honorable guards.

I have tested Mister Sandro Arcanums arcane powers, and I can testify that he doesn't possess the ability to cast a healing spell. So he wasn't able to support the attackers with such. I can testify that infront of a judge or the guard itself.

Sincerly,

The Wandering Sage
PopQuiz

Post by PopQuiz »

Charges against Sandro are dropped.
Someone cast healing on them but I accept that I was sufficiently under duress to be mistaken as to who. My Sincerest Apologies to Mr Arcanum and my gratitude to the sage for his investigation.

(( You can only work by signature, not by forum-account. You could not have known who he is. - Mesha ))

((thanks Mesha - my mistake))
Grokk

Post by Grokk »

I am pleased to announce that many months after I first reported the crime, and shortly after reminding them of the issue at hand and their job to deal with it, the Town Guard of Troll's Bane finally made contact with me and began an investigation into Orioli's assault. Unfortunately, any praise of the Guard ends here.

Perhaps a week past, the guard Zach Dawson sent a letter to Tol Vanima, explaining to me that he had been placed in charge of the investigation. Not satisfied with forcing a victim of crime to wait months on end for even a glimmer of justice, the Town Guard decided it was only fair for me to pay my own way back to Troll's Bane. I had waited within the town walls for weeks after I reported the crime for such a meeting as now requested, but had heard nothing. Nevertheless, I made the trip to Troll's Bane a week after Mister Dawson's letter; the travel expenses were surely a small price to pay for justice.

Having arrived in Troll's Bane, I met with Zach Dawson and another guard, a Mister Darius. The guards were kind enough not to hesitate in making light of my situation: insulting my reflexes, claiming to want the matter dealt with as swiftly as possible, and even making a rhyme about my inability to avoid the assault. I was then indirectly accused of telling half-truths and lies, told that I should just avoid her, and asked if I would settle for a mere apology. When one of the guards left to fetch a glass mug, intending to hurl the object at the other guard's skull, so as to prove that there is absolutely no way the glass mug thrown at me could have possibly shattered, I decided that I had seen enough and promptly departed.

I demand an apology from the Town Guard, compensation for my travel expenses, the disciplining of the two guards I dealt with, and the appointment of a polite, experienced, and qualified guard to my case. I am absolutely appalled at how I have been treated throughout this entire investigation. And on top of everything that has happened to me, Orioli still goes free and unpunished.

Signed,
Puck Tinglebeard.
PopQuiz

Post by PopQuiz »

~A guard rips the letter off the board and mutters something about harrassment.
To all Peoples who want assistance from the guard:
Complaints will be addressed in a formal letter to the Captain Sir Edwin((Mesha)) . They will not be allowed to be posted here any more.
Squire Kenfric Shalpert
zda

Post by zda »

the pachment has been tore offf
Last edited by zda on Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
PopQuiz

Post by PopQuiz »

~a guard reaches over and removes this note gently, tucking it in his pocket.
We will talk Zach but let this go through channels..
HeXiS

Post by HeXiS »

* a man covered head to toe in tattoos. with a long braid of hair coming from his helmet places a note up*

to Mr. Puck, as for my joke I will apologize. As for the experiment we did finish our test we even let Orioli her self throw the mug staging a full reenactment. If the glass did break as you said, which I might add you never answered my other question, then our lives are all in danger should you decide to use your head for a weapon. Now then glass mugs aside if you want compensation I will gladly compensate you for your travel expenses there is no reason you could not have taken a fairy and walked to bane. However I feel you have also wasted the guards' time. You wanted an investigation.. We gave you the investigation.. The investigation leads Me to beleive that :

A. You brought the mug throwing on your self, though i do not think it was a reason to go throwing mugs.
And
B. You Are in fine health and you like to elaborate on your accounts of things. I am not saying you lied I am saying the bump on the head may have distorted your memory.

Again I apologize for the unintentional insult I may have caused you. and I will give you a silver for your travel expense.. In the future I recommend not agitating folks. And also that you would not assume that an investigation can go by with the winds. Investigation takes time.. time to hear both sides and time to speak to witnesses. If you do not agree then don't ask for help.

On the matter of you coming to trolls bane.. troll bane is what we guard not Vanima. So of course you have to come to us if you expect us to speak to you on matters in trolls bane. Talk to the Tinchore when you're on Vanima.

Guard Recruit ~Darius Kain~
Grokk

Post by Grokk »

To the Town Guard of Troll's Bane,

I received the letter from your representative. It is most noble of you to insult my intelligence so.

Why would any sane man allow a heavy, hard, glass object to be hurled with force directly at his skull? That is madness. And why would you trust Orioli to use her full strength in such a recreation of the event? Even if she did, how can you possibly say that that glass was of exactly the same quality and craftsmanship as the one thrown at me? To claim that no mug in existence can break in such a way is preposterous. Every single glass is different, even when made by the same crafter. A fact is a fact; I awoke from my unconsciousness, lying in the broken glass from the mug. There are many who can attest to this, I believe even the guards at the Eastern Gate spied the broken glass. Had you not taken months to even begin your investigation, you would have been able to view the broken glass by the camp fire and the many minor cuts on my arms and back, which I believe I did show to at least one guard. If you have another explanation for what happened that caused the glass to shatter while I was unconscious, I will be more than happy to hear it. This matter is of such minor importance to the investigation that I cannot believe so many words are wasted upon it.

Please, enlighten me as to which actions of mine justified the throwing of a heavy glass object at my head?

Of course I am in fine health! Months have passed since this took place, I have healed! Please also enlighten me as to what I have elaborated on, and in what way my memory is distorted.

I understand that investigations take time, however this investigation has only just begun. Had I not reminded the Guard of this situation, they would have simply pushed it under the rug with all the other cases. It does not take several months to begin interviewing the victim.

I know that you guard Troll's Bane. I was agitated as I had been forced to wait for so long. Had the investigation begun immediately, I would have had no such problem. I am positive that your insults and your poor excuse for an investigation could easily have been communicated to me by letter anyway, without forcing me to make such a journey.

Sincerely,
Puck Tinglebeard.
PopQuiz

Post by PopQuiz »

~guard steps up to the board, rips this letter off, throws it in the fire and watches it burn to an ash.
"Don't expect help from those you publically defame. As the guard said.. the case is closed."
zda

Post by zda »

* a man in a black robe with long black hair coming from the hood of his robe walks up to the bored and reads the parchment and walks away seeming amused*
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

* A man walks into Bane, nodding and speaking to the few he knows that remain in town. As he makes his way to the guard board he reads the parchments and sighs*

Mr. Puck.
I am no longer a guard, or interested in being one either. However, from extensive years in the guard in every position, including the Captain, I can assure you from a third party's stance that the guard has handled this situation precisely as they are able. What is never realised by the public is that the guards are two things.
1) Over worked. No matter how hard it is tried or well planned, there is always an abundance of work for a few dedicated workers that cant be present at ALL times.
and also
2) They are not able to be dedicate too much time to any singular event. Even matters of importance often end up getting pushed aside when nothing can be done.

Just because they were not able to do everyting exactly how you wished does not mean that they did not do what they could.

Sir Jonathan Cain
Knight of the Knighthood of Gobaith
Former captain of the troll's Bane Town Guard