spell check

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

spell check for the boards?

yes
18%
no
82%

Total votes: 22

Drogla

spell check

Post by Drogla »

i think a spell check is needed int eh boards. i dont catch all my errors and i see errors from other posts. jsut an idea that owuld be a coveniance.
Nanuk

Post by Nanuk »

Hi Drogla,

I don't think that this feature is really needed! E.g. if you would have taken just a little bit time to re-read your own post you definitly would have recognized, that you made some very obvious mistakes.

In addition, and this is directed to the general public not especially to you, if everyone would re-read his/her own post, maybe, just maybe, we would see a rapid increase in the quality of the posts :D.

Nanuk
Christiana

Post by Christiana »

write your posts first in word and you havnt this problem :wink:
Korwin

Post by Korwin »

I agree that the vast majority of people who make posts don't need a spell check. Your spelling just isn't quite up to par.
Astral

Post by Astral »

I agree with Nanuk, if you are too lazy to check your posts for errors before posting, then maybe using a computer just isn't your thing. If you intend to type this:

'My typing is bad'

and it ends up as:

'm yiptngs idab'

and you don't reckognize the mistakes, you are... well, maybe I won't say it.
Serpardum

Post by Serpardum »

Spell checkers are a crutch, and if you always use spell checkers how are you ever going to learn to spell correctly?

Computers are tools, they shouldn't do things for you, but help you do them.
Hermie

Post by Hermie »

I would have to say no, it would only be particularly to people typing a different language ie German typing English, English typing German etc. Even still, most people writing in a different language are pretty good at spelling and there are only rare problems in grammar.
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

I hate polls like this.
Why you didn`t ask an administrator whether your idea is possible? In my opinion it`s the wrong way to achieve a target. You can`t ask all players and user whether they are for your idea if you don`t speack with an admini. about it befor you open a poll like this.

There is a little german thread. Therein it goes about a prohibition of such stupid inquiries/polls for everyone.

http://www.illarion.org/community/forum ... php?t=2976
Korwin

Post by Korwin »

Well this isn't exactly the same as the poll when the sever was down, that was just downright stupid. I think the intent of this particular poll was to show the people who actually do the work that if they wished to add something a spell check might be useful. The poll clearly proved that it would be a waste of time but it might show that the board users might like something. I don't think it was done in a demanding way such as, "Do this or you are stupid".
El Diablo

spell check?

Post by El Diablo »

alot of my words are not even spelled liek teh is one of my words and i like it and i don't wan't it to go to the and alot of my words are mispelled and i don't care cuz alot them come out sounding cool so thats why i am voteing NO on this one.sorry :twisted: