Noob questions about bards

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Randorn

Noob questions about bards

Post by Randorn »

First question: how do you become a bard? Do you need to complete a quest first or you just have to search for the notes and the musical instruments?
Second question: i bought a book in the shop and read it. Am i a mage forever now, or can i still be a bard?
Serpardum

Post by Serpardum »

Okay, here you go... *poof* you're a bard!

Seriously, a bard is an RP profession. That is, there is no bard class or bard special skills.

If you want to be a bard, act like one, and you will be. Tell stories around campfires, sing great odes. Tell people you're a bard, that is, act the part.

That is the great thing about RP, you are not as much limited by the mechanics of the game as your own imaginiation.
Randorn

Post by Randorn »

Hmm, seems im being misunderstood.
By "being a bard" i meant "using bard magic".
First question should be then: "how to start using bard magic?", and the second: "can i still use bard magic afer reading a book from the shop?".
Nanuk

Post by Nanuk »

Hi Randor,

first of all: welcome to Illarion ;).

To answer your questions. The game Illarion is still under heavy development. Therefore bards as a character class are not yet implemented and are still far from it. Well, you can still play a bard in game as there are some instruments you can even play with, but at the moment it does not have a "real" effect. The only classes available at the moment are druid and mage.
Second, changes between classes are not possible at the moment. It might even be, that it will never be implemented. But this isn't decided yet. But for sure in future the moment you have to choose a class will be more obvious.

This might not help you in your present situation. But your are still able to play a wizard or you can create another character :D.

Nanuk
Randorn

Post by Randorn »

Shame on me :D . Thought there are four magic types after reading "Magic system".

Oh, well, then ill be a mage who is pretending to be a bard 8) .