The Right Choice

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

The Right Choice

Post by Julius »

Greetings,

It has been many long months on this isle and I can say that I have had my ups and downs. I've went from being a Town Guard and a page to being labled an outlaw and restoring a faction that everyone hated. Through each of these trials I've found that I've been able to gain more experience as a leader. I had many poor decisions in my time that I led the old Kallahorn and I can say that.. although at the time they were poor I learned from them. No longer does the idea of war or battle come to mind when I think of getting something done.

Basically, all I wish to say in the following parchment is that I am currently the only canidate that is poised and active enough to be considered one with the experience. My family, the Rothmans, as much as this isle knows them are leaders. It's in our blood to lead. My resume includes being a interm Governor of a small village to the south of our Estate, General of a small army, Shariff, Grandmaster of a Knighthood, and my latest as Chancellor of our Current town. Not only this small Governor role, but in my childhood my father installed a deep root of leadership by teaching me what his father had taught him. Leading an army is a lot more rough then leading a town, though at the same time the same charaisticis are shown.

You have to think quickly, when an enemy submerges you in a overwelming line of enemy colors and breaks your line.. through the fog you must make a decision. You have to bring your soldiers home. In a split second, if your decision is false every man on that plain that rode in with you will die. Those decisions you make on the battlefield can easily be compared with those of the ones you make in a cushioned seat in the Sea horse. The decisions you make as Governor can and will affect the citizens that surrond you. Do I have that ability to look over four choices and pick the right one? I believe so.

As a Duke and Chancellor of Trolls Bane, I am currnently the most experienced and noble person to lead the town. I understand there are friends of other nominations but you must look at the time that Trolls Bane is in. It needs someone who is strong and who is able to lead this town out the trials that it will face still on it's wheels. Though, this sounds rather arrogant, there should be no reason for someone to look at another Canadiate and say "They are more fit then Mister Rothman." As Chancellor, I've had the training to become the Governor. I've been able to see how it feels to almost taste the title and I feel I have done a fair job. As Duke, my rank is sufficent enough.

Experience wise, I outrank other nominations who plan on running. My above statements show that I am the most experienced person, other then the current Archduke that is running. Albarians, Moshran followers, bandits, and demon mages attack our town every day. Who else has the courage and the ability to stop those kind of attacks? Who else has the nerve to ride into battle against the evils that will face us in the coming mouths and not break heart and turn away in fright? Traits that make a man or woman a leader are clearly shown in my duties that I've shown to this town.

As for my plans for the Future of Trolls Bane.. I've been here for quite some time and I've seen how these messages are usually written. They're written in a manner that befits the term of promising. I shall not promise Trolls Bane greatness or being the most peaceful place on Gobaith. I shall not promise you that I, Julius Rothman, will be the greatest Governor to ever hold the title. No promises will leave the tip of my quill or flow from my mouth. However, I shall do. My plan is simple. With the ushering in of the noble system, citizens were kept out of the decision process with new laws and decisions. Through me and a few advisors, we shall answer the wants and needs of the community at whole. As a man that does not believe in promises, I shall answer your questions through dove or in person.

As for the candiate that seems primed to run against me. She is a friendly, good gal who is probably only running because my enemies see her as the only possilble target to keep me from winning. However, she has never led anything in her life and is in no way fit for the title of Archduke. With a little experience, it is possible I suppose. But, her relationship with Liam, a man that murdered my sister and threatened the death of several others of my family and.. not too mention commited the highest act of treason possible is questionable at best. Even after all these events she continued to sleep with and visit the man. What does that tell you about her morals? Not to mention, I have under good authority.. that she is a temple member. Not minutes after I arrived to recieve Liam from the temple, she had left quickly to avoid me seeing her. So.. I've shown moral issues in the past, of course. But in this election I have the experience and needed ability to back up my past life. What does she show to back up her continued involvement in that type of life?

Signed,
Lord Rothman
The Right Choice
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

Who is running against you? Assuming your win and your ability before you have an opponent? Let the nobles decide if you are able to lead as the rest of the populous already doubts you. With you, war is inevitable. If you win, I shall enjoy watching Trolls Bane burn and the fact that there is nothing you can do to stop it.

~Unsigned~
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

Firstly, if you had actually read my parchment you would have seen who I decided to base my campaign against. Also, I'd like to state that only citizens should be able to comment here. If you wanted to serve the town and actually cared, you would already be one and not be afraid to sign your name. Thirdly, if Julius Rothman decides to go to war, it won't be Julius Rothman that does so. If I say "I declare war on Salkamar" it holds nothing in the current system. If the nobles don't vote "Aye" and they vote "nay" then that "OH NO ROTHMAN IS GOING TO ATTACK PEOPLE" idea is simply ignorant. And don't give me the whole "You do it anyway," for that is an easy way to be impeached.

Currently, unlike the time I was involved with Kallahorn, I have no idea of war. My plans center around strengthening relations with the Knighthood of Gobaith (giving them there land back mostly) and rebuilding the activity of Government members. If you, unsigned writer, are actually a citizen I would love to see you at one of my meetings. You might learn something about my campaign.

Signed,
Lord Rothman
Dantagon Marescot

I never stated that you were going to attack people. I ment quite the opposite.

~Unsigned~
Julius

Post by Julius »

Threats of war then? Are you not pulling the same thing that you attack me for? Because of my actions against Jorokar and threats of war? Of course, of course. I remember my father used to tell me a simple word.. hypocrite that explains your actions. Simple as this, if anyone decides to attack Trolls Bane while I'm in office, I shall turn myself into these vagabonds and allow them to do to me what they wish. I shiver with fear, unsigned. Though, then again, I love to beat a man whose eyes portray the sizzled hate of a Rothman.

With much love,
Lord Rothman
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

There is a plus side to Rothman winning, It would make me decide to prevent any threats against the town of Troll's Bane with my talents. I onced helped someone attack a Governor for the same reasons. Hate. Please help me be on the side that has the right values this time. Ignorant fools.

-Seregon
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Name something you or Edward have done in the past months to help the town in a significant way. No, "I protect the town" doesn't count, most people can do that.

F
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

Hmm....Julius...Most definatally the wrong choice.

~Unsigned~
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

Fooser wrote:Name something you or Edward have done in the past months to help the town in a significant way. No, "I protect the town" doesn't count, most people can do that.

F
The town's been attacked by demons and undeads for the past week, and most of the time, it's myself, Amaria, Fayne and Valgor there to defend it along with random citizens.

I've never seen a guard or anyone of military authority there to help.

I confirm that argument is void.

- Blake
Julius

Post by Julius »

Fooser wrote:Name something you or Edward have done in the past months to help the town in a significant way. No, "I protect the town" doesn't count, most people can do that.

F
Greetings there,

I wasn't going to use that as a forefront for my answer, but thank you Fooser for giving me a criteria for it. Now for the question. As a person who has seen the town elect the same old people again and again who come and do nothing besides regulate the town and transfer the old laws from the last Governor with a few new changes. I can say that this not what the town needs. These same old customs and ideals held by men 10 years back do not work in today's current life. Jorokar, yourself, and many of the other Governors recently have been plagued with a level of inactivity that shouldn't dwell in a Governmental seat.

Change is something that is good for everyone in town and everyone involved. The noble system, though inactive at times, gives rights to other people so that they can make the town prosper. Under me, I shall advance it as far as possible and make sure that hardly any inactivity is shown within our borders. Also, as I've stated before.. everyone will be given a interview of their job if I am elected. No longer will I sit dormant as demons and other creatures flow through our towns and streets.

And believe this or not, Mister Fooser, but despite the small attacks here recently and a string of banditry at the start of Edward's leadership the town has been as peaceful as it has in years. The new land means more strict protection along these new estates and causes many bandits and those who decide to make a living off killing others to stray further and further away from town. Is this "I protect the town," argument? Nay. For I do not remember ever catching a whiff of anyone besides Edward thinking of this idea.

Change has come and it's made the town better.

Signed,
Lord Rothman
The Right Choice
Caecilianus Cathari

Post by Caecilianus Cathari »

Things that go nowhere, too many words.

Brer Beothach the Godmen
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

Duke Rothman,

I shall write my words bluntly but honestly so do not take offense. Your words appear to me as earnest and heartfelt thus giving validation to the status of your character. Over the last year or so it seems that the duties bestowed upon you have weathered and matured you. This is often the case when such responsibilities meet with natural abilities to lead and govern. Though history often proves that generals of the battlefield are not always the most capable leaders of populous economically and socially. It goes without saying that the skills and criteria for leading peasants and craftsmen are different from those of soldiers and knights. Also, I cannot refute your past and the indiscretions of character as well as temperament.

They are to be remembered, but being a man of fairness I am willing to see if you have matured into a tactful noble. I openly agree that there is no one else currently more qualified and active enough to lead the city of Troll's Bane amongst the nobles, now that Lord Cromwell will not be running again.

However, Fooser's words do ring in my head with curiosity about progression. I shall look forward to you expounding on how you will/have helped the citizens of Troll's Bane. I am sure that no citizen will object to prosperity planning. You have my support Duke Rothman if you are for the People.

May Zhambra Unify the Lands of Troll's Bane,
~Lord Eli Travinus~
Julius

Post by Julius »

Greetings,

A mandatory meeting shall be held tomorrow. Though, as Duke it's more of a questions and concerns meeting about the town, I shall answer questions that citizens have about my campaign. Since the meeting is dealing with the Town, what citizens themselves want, and what they want to see in the future of our town I ask that only citizens arrive. You may arrive any time you wish, I should be there around ((22:00 GMT 5PM EST)). As for Mister Travinus, hopefully, if your able to attend I could answer some of your questions for you.

Signed,
Lord Rothman
Sundo Raca

Post by Sundo Raca »

Julius wrote:
Greetings there,

I wasn't going to use that as a forefront for my answer, but thank you Fooser for giving me a criteria for it. Now for the question. As a person who has seen the town elect the same old people again and again who come and do nothing besides regulate the town and transfer the old laws from the last Governor with a few new changes. I can say that this not what the town needs. These same old customs and ideals held by men 10 years back do not work in today's current life. Jorokar, yourself, and many of the other Governors recently have been plagued with a level of inactivity that shouldn't dwell in a Governmental seat.

Change is something that is good for everyone in town and everyone involved. The noble system, though inactive at times, gives rights to other people so that they can make the town prosper. Under me, I shall advance it as far as possible and make sure that hardly any inactivity is shown within our borders. Also, as I've stated before.. everyone will be given a interview of their job if I am elected. No longer will I sit dormant as demons and other creatures flow through our towns and streets.

And believe this or not, Mister Fooser, but despite the small attacks here recently and a string of banditry at the start of Edward's leadership the town has been as peaceful as it has in years. The new land means more strict protection along these new estates and causes many bandits and those who decide to make a living off killing others to stray further and further away from town. Is this "I protect the town," argument? Nay. For I do not remember ever catching a whiff of anyone besides Edward thinking of this idea.

Change has come and it's made the town better.

Signed,
Lord Rothman
The Right Choice
Rubbish. We just got bored, since your all so easy to rob.

~Wolf
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Fair enough. Thanks for the speedy reply.

F
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

Lord Rothman has the support of Southfields for the time being. I am hopeful that Lord Rothman well lead Trollsbane well, and help it become a safe, peaceful place that shall be an envy to everyone. I am confident that Lord Rothman shall not let us down.

~Lord Roland Ross,
Baron of Southfields.
Julius

Post by Julius »

Greetings there,

I've been watching from a high parch, you might say, the things that have gone on during this election. And quite frankly, it's not even near the actual elections yet and I have to deal with threats on my life and threats of the lives of others that choose to support me. I already know who is doing the threats and I will give them a day to retract them before I give the public the identity. This man is someone that I have probably done the same thing to in my past, but targeting me is one thing, a voter's son is another.

This man claims to have honor and to hold true to his beliefs. He claims he wants what is best for Trolls Bane. No matter if Stephen himself is elected these elections, one thing is certain, an attack from another force other then the ones that is facing our own is not what the town needs. If this man had the honor to see this, he would at least sit back and wait til after the person in office did their job and protected the citizens from the threats we currently facing.

It's a scared, hate filled tactic. This same group, this man supports a person that holds beliefs that are contrary to the ones he claims he holds dear. A supposed member of the Occult, a follower of the dark lord, and not too mention lover of Liam. A man that has killed and is suspected the murder of at least 3 Rothmans or associates of the family. He's also committed crimes within the borders that rival that of many men, even myself. Yet, he still supports them. Not too mention, this aspirant currently has in their possession something that makes many.. demon mages want them dead. Personally, I believe in a honest campaign. If Fayne wishes to resort to threats and poor decision making, then by all means, let her do so. She is only hurting herself.

If you wish me dead, if you wish me not to be in office, then by all means target myself. You already support men who had shed the blood of Rothman throughout the streets of Bane, why support the same beliefs and help someone spill blood of another? Because you hate my name? Because you feel as though another Rothman succeeding makes you look bad? Face it, I am the right choice.

If you want me, you may have me. You pick a place and a time and I shall be there alone to discuss terms of agreement. These are my people, the town I now call home and it will take every last breath in my body before I give in and allow anyone here to be hurt over me. So, you bastard, meet me and do as you wish. Kill my family, slender my name, and for what? So that you can say "Another Rothman idea failed?" Fine. But these people don't have anything to do with that.

Pick a time, pick a place. I don't bow down to threats, but I certainly don't take kindly to those against innocent bystanders. If no time is given, identities will be released, discussions will be held, and further measures will be given.

Signed,
Julius
Dantagon Marescot

What blind craziness are you talking about? You are currently the only one running and Liam was framed. If you were running an honest campain, you wouldn't have thrown mud in your original parchment to begin with. You aren't running against anyone currently, the people aren't (and wouldn't) vote for you. What is the point of your egotistical rants?

Dan
Julius

Post by Julius »

You've been warned. The evidence is there.

Signed,
Lord Rothman
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

Dantagon wrote:the people aren't (and wouldn't) vote for you

Please refrain from speaking for everyone else on the island, do you consider yourself a higher power or something? Do you say what goes in people's decisions to vote? I didn't think so, stop writing here before you do anything else embaressing.

- Seregon
Dantagon Marescot

The past elections where the people were able to vote resulted in one single vote for Julius, does that tell you who they wouldn't vote for? And no, Julius, there is no evidence for what you speak. We all know that a grave is six feet deep, why must you continue digging yours? Did you intend to be buried on your feet? Go play in the mud, Julius. That is about all that you can do right.

Dan
Julius

Post by Julius »

If I remember correctly, most of your votes in either of the elections a Knight of Gobaith participated in was influenced by the high amount (7 in the town when Jorokar won with 9) of citizens that were in your Knighthood. Two votes compared to one is a definite increase, I'll give you that. The same thing happened with you, when you tied Edward with eight. Excuse me for joining an election when I first came to the isle over, what six years ago? I think the make up of the citizen list and the views of the community, other then those that hate Rothmans, have drastically changed since the date in question.

The evidence is fair enough to help me stop whatever your doing, Mister Marescot. I gave you a day, no dove was sent with your name. Measures are now being taken as I promised, for I am a man of my word. Now please, if you were a citizen and wished the betterment of this town, you'd become one and help me make the town better through suggestions. Attacking the town and installing your own government during this .. troubled time is not a Knightly deed, no matter how much you think "Liberating Bane from Rothman rule," would be honorable.

If I win, face the valuable threat with me before you decide to have someone cut out my tongue?

Signed,
Lord Rothman