About Res-killing

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Q-wert

About Res-killing

Post by Q-wert »

Sorry for the bad following english.

It could be that there already have been changes, but i believe not.

If a newbie or someone else gets clouded at the swamp in the near east of the lighthouse the direction-hint from the systhem leads the ghost straight up north to a house.
But reaching the cross there is a bit troublesome for someone with limited lifepoints, most certainly he or she gets some friendly cast- conversation with the trollshamans there.

So my small proposal:
Could it be possible to place the spawnarea of our green friends elsewhere or to delete the cross at the house, or even to put up another one more nearby the swamp?
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Why delting the cross?

I like the cross...
And there is an IG reason for the trolls to be there. Maybe the "go to xy" for this cross can be disabled
Q-wert

Post by Q-wert »

I know the ig reason for the shamans being spawned there, but that does not change that that cross good for causing unhappyness for new players that unluckily get leaded there.
It just would be nice if that trap would not lead some more into the arms of friendly, firecasting, green persons.
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Good point! Yes, that house is a private building owned by a secretive 'German' speaking Guild. They put wolves and shamans there to keep people away!

There shouldn't be a 'public' cross there!

I would like to see those directions, or even the cross disabled, and put new crosses at 'public' places that make sense.

I say put one at the Lighthouse (safe) and outside the Temple (safe) south of the North Mine. That should cover the whole "North woods" area. Nordmark has one, but it's locked behind closed gates, and there's one at Grey Rose, but I've never used it so don't know if it's open to public.

Having people 'resurrect' near the old 'witch's house' is just asking for them to die again!

I'm sorry to be so blunt, but this has never happened to me there, and I never thought about it, but you're absolutely right Q-wert! Thanks for bringing this up! :D
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

Juniper Onyx wrote:and there's one at Grey Rose, but I've never used it so don't know if it's open to public.
It's the shrine in the cellar, which is open to everyone - if there is no war etc. ;).
Silent

Post by Silent »

I thought one has to reach the cross to get new lifepoints in the first place?

But yes, as it is now, this cross is a bit unsafe, though not nearly as dangerous as it used to be before the monster-repelling spell has been put on it. I would add one or two new crosses a the border of the forest, but keep this one, if only out of the sentimental value. It is really nice to know that there is a place within the forest that is 'safe', and my dwarf came to see it as a shelter, should anything bad happen to him.
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

I don't see how this is a pressing proposal or something that needs to be addressed. Removing the direction to the cross because of IG reasons would be your best bet.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Q-wert wrote:I know the ig reason for the shamans being spawned there, but that does not change that that cross good for causing unhappyness for new players that unluckily get leaded there.
That's why I said maybe it is possible to disable the function "go to xy" for that cross.
Juniper Onyx wrote:Good point! Yes, that house is a private building owned by a secretive 'German' speaking Guild. They put wolves and shamans there to keep people away!
Wrong. If you do not know what you are talking about, then you shouldn't do it.
Mairae Auvria

Post by Mairae Auvria »

Possibly a solution would be to place the cross at Nordmark in the area NOT locked up and direct the point there?
JonathanSmith

Post by JonathanSmith »

All crosses should be "res-kill" safe.

Change their location, make the character standing near the cross invulnerable or change whatever you like - but change it!
Ivar Kraftimarm

Post by Ivar Kraftimarm »

how about putting the cross to the nordmark. i think thats a good and save place.
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

Maybe deactivating magic (all/damage dealing/NPC only) around a pillar, like NPC enemies are pushed back.
Fianna Heneghan

Post by Fianna Heneghan »

Would it also be possible to disable the player fighting system in the area of the cross? It would limit a lot of unnecessary whining.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Miklorius wrote:Maybe deactivating magic (all/damage dealing/NPC only) around a pillar, like NPC enemies are pushed back.
Impossible
Fianna Heneghan wrote:Would it also be possible to disable the player fighting system in the area of the cross? It would limit a lot of unnecessary whining.
Impossible

It will be just removed from the goto thingy
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Nitram wrote:
Fianna Heneghan wrote:Would it also be possible to disable the player fighting system in the area of the cross? It would limit a lot of unnecessary whining.
Impossible
The old jail int he sceleton forests deactivated the attack command if you were insiide or was that simply done via some kind of gm command?
Mairae Auvria

Post by Mairae Auvria »

Nitram wrote:
Miklorius wrote:Maybe deactivating magic (all/damage dealing/NPC only) around a pillar, like NPC enemies are pushed back.
Impossible
It seems a little redundant to be able to get ghosted at the cross (again)due to magic, if impossible to disable and I can see how it would be helpful for mages being able to heal etc., but could the area around the cross be extended for monsters so they wouldn't be able to reach the cross with magic?
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Increasing the range that is checked by the cross causes a rather large increase of the server load due the crosses. I would rather remove the problematic cross from the list of the crosses the script leads the dead characters to.

Nitram
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

I would rather remove the problematic cross from the list of the crosses the script leads the dead characters to.
:(
Bad for me, because then there is no protection against goblins and stuff.
But if the cross does so much problems, it has to be done.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

I think Nitram means that no char is leaded there anymore not taking out the whole cross.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Argh. I guess you are right.. I misunderstood him.
Mairae Auvria

Post by Mairae Auvria »

I wasn't speaking of the cross originally posted but of the one near the trolls. It is possible to get ghosted, go to the cross and just as you are resurrected, get ghosted again by a mage troll.
Rhianna Morgan

Post by Rhianna Morgan »

I am against moving the Northmark cross, because it is not only a cross. It is an oak, actually THE holy oak of the Northmark. Moving it would mean we move the center of our Tanora shrine, as the oak has been given its power by Tanora herself. Therefore holy oak.

It is behind our protection lines for reasons, and there has been so much rp around it. Moving it means disrooting some of our background rp. Well, for me it means this.

We should rather add another cross, or remove the messages leading to the *Nebelbruch* cross.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

We talk about the cross next to the witch hut NOT the northmark one NOR do we talk about removing the cross itself, we just talk about misleading cross dircetions....reading helps...
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

I agree. The witch house does not need the cross. There are better places.

I will change it with the next mapupdate.

What place you prefer? Northmark or Lighthouse?

And to make clear in general. Most altars and holy places can renew ghosted chars. In area of the 'Northern Forest' we have the 'Holy Oak of Northmark' (not public :?), the 'Statue of Ushara' in 'Falkners Hain' and the 'Malachin Shrine' in the cellar of the 'Grey Refuge'.
Ssar'ney

Post by Ssar'ney »

As the Nordmark is closed, I think because of understandable reasons, I would assume that the Lighthouse is best.