Problem with the client killed me...

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Hawkmoon

Problem with the client killed me...

Post by Hawkmoon »

Hello!

Not sure this is the correct forum but since it is a technical problem I thought this should be correct. Yesterday I played a bit and fought som "monsters" underneath the grave yard like my char do now and then. When I get too hurt (1/4 of the energy left) I always use to turn around and run and there are never any problem getting away since I am pretty quick. Yesterday I noticed that when I fought it started to "hack"/lag a bit now and then but since it can be like that sometimes I didn't think more of that.

I started to get hurt and I decided to turn around and flee to not take any risks. I turned and suddenly it all froze. I thought it lagged at first but soon realised the client had frooze enterily! I used the good old CTRL+AL+DEL and managed to close the client. When I logged in again I was dead...

Well... Sure it is risky to fight I know and I serilosly would have accepted this if I was the one to blame but this time I really had no chance what so ever to save my char because of the client... And after all I would have survived for sure if the client had not frooze...

I sent an error report, but I don't know if that was sent to the Illarion - crew as my first thought was or if it was sent to microsoft...

Do I just have to accept the death of my char with all that comes with that or can you see that my "story" is true and get my char to life again?

Sure I can ressurect my char but that really feels wrong since I don't can see him even get killed like that and I rather start all over again in that case really... I mean my char would probably have survived if he continued to fight but I wanted to make sure I would not die and therefore I decided to run. Just maximized bad luck to get stuck with the back towards the enemy...
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

The way I see it, it's more of your decision. Accidents like that happen, and they have happened to a number of other players, so we know exactly how you feel. You have a number of options of what you could do, though I don't think that you should start all over again. You could:

- Assume that your char had an accident while fighting, such as tripping or something, and then killed by the beasts. You could then go to a yellow cross to get resurrected, meaning that the Gods returned his life in the living world.

- Assume that, although your char graphic is that of a spirit, he/she just barely got out of the graveyard quite injured and in a bad state. Just resurrect your char to return to your normal form, and roleplay some grave injuries.

- You could just resurrect your char technically, and ignore the accident. This of course shouldn't be done often, but in case of accidents it's acceptable.
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

Something like this happened to me several times...

If you get proplems with "lag" often, you shouldn't go allone near such places. (Becouse your friends are able to help you, while you are "off". Your Character are just staying on the map for some minutes, if you get kicked..)
Hawkmoon

Post by Hawkmoon »

Well... The first lag was when the fight had already begun so... Otherwise I would have stayed out of that fight of course.

And about resurrection - what will happen then and how do I do that?
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

To do that: You must walk (or float) your way towards a resurrecting pillar. First head out of the graveyard. You should have a message appearing every now and then saying where the nearest pillar is. When you approach it, you'll regain your char graphic (i.e. your char has been resurrected).

There is a small penalty on each resurrection. That is, your attributes (strength, dexterity, etc...) are temporarily lowered by some amount, and it takes some time before regenerating your health. This is mainly to avoid people fighting, dying, resurrecting and fighting immediately afterward. They will be restored eventually.

Hope that helps.
Mairae Auvria

Post by Mairae Auvria »

First, if lots of lags, it is not a good time to fight. For the unexpected lag it is better to start to leave when health 1/2-1/3 rather then 1/4, some days even with a fast char, they can move slower. Look at how fast the health drops, if fast, start backing at 1/2. As far as the ghosting, you can RP your char was severely hurt and when in town try to get medical help to "heal".

(Where in the wiki is information on the cross, or is anything there yet?)
Hawkmoon

Post by Hawkmoon »

Mairae Auvria wrote:First, if lots of lags, it is not a good time to fight. For the unexpected lag it is better to start to leave when health 1/2-1/3 rather then 1/4, some days even with a fast char, they can move slower. Look at how fast the health drops, if fast, start backing at 1/2. As far as the ghosting, you can RP your char was severely hurt and when in town try to get medical help to "heal".

(Where in the wiki is information on the cross, or is anything there yet?)
Yeah, I agree. The thing was that the lag started in the middle of the fight and it was a couple of times with short lags which comes up sometimes and I therefore didn't see any problems...

Ah, well... I have resurrected for now but I wonder how I notice the temporarily lowered attributes and how I notice when they are back to normal. Is it about an hour of this, a day, a week or maybe a month? And is there any information about this?
Mairae Auvria

Post by Mairae Auvria »

Your char will get a message "you have been reborn",and I never timed it so am not sure, possibly a few hours ig?