Neck Ties

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

bdgdkay

Neck Ties

Post by bdgdkay »

I dunno, this just popped into my mind, but would it be possible to add neckties into the game. With all the balls and such showing up here and there, i figure that they would be good for such events. And im not sure if it already exists, but are there white shirts?... if not those would also be usefull... i can see it now, the illarion tuxedo outfit, Black coat and pants, a tie, and a white shirt... dunno... just a thought...
Alber G

Post by Alber G »

Quite like that one... If it was possible(it is technically), why not?
Olive

Post by Olive »

perhaps instead of individual pieces of formalwear, add a few designs to the tailors arsenal.. for instance

ladies
evening gown
formal gown
day gown

men
smoking jacket
wool jacket
formal suit

graphics can be easily obtained from arcanum if needed
Alber G

Post by Alber G »

Olive wrote:graphics can be easily obtained from arcanum if needed
*frowns* destroying another fine game
Olive

Post by Olive »

yea well troika destroyed it just fine on their won by not supportign it properly

i happen to really enjoy arcanum but gah, it had some serious problems, like inability to MP it properly
Alber G

Post by Alber G »

Olive wrote:yea well troika destroyed it just fine on their won by not supportign it properly

i happen to really enjoy arcanum but gah, it had some serious problems, like inability to MP it properly
That is because as you say, Troika never set up any still working servers. But I love the game, and will keep modding and mapping like hell.
Azuros

Post by Azuros »

Olive wrote:
graphics can be easily obtained from arcanum if needed
Except that I'm pretty sure doing so would be illegal and thus the GMs don't want it in-game.
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

It would certainly help tailors make a little money.
Olive

Post by Olive »

i'm reasonably sure its only criminal copyright infringements if its used for comercial gain

since illarion is not charging to play it is notprofiting from such a use and i am reasonably sure that its legal, if maybe a bit shady

if troika games no longer exists than i wouldn't much matter either way
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Olive wrote:i'm reasonably sure its only criminal copyright infringements if its used for comercial gain
Wrong.
Olive wrote:if troika games no longer exists than i wouldn't much matter either way
Wrong.

I do not take any sounds, graphics, animation, music or what ever from other games. Firstly the graphic style doesn't fit to Illarion and there are copyright problems.

No discussions about this are needed.

Nitram
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

It would help if some can learn 3D graphics... I have tried and about given up on it though once one is made, I could finish it up in photoshop.
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

I think this is rpable. :P
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

I think this is really out of period of the game. Furthermore the first precursors of "neckties" don't appear until the 17th century, let alone neckties or a "suit". There will be new, fancier clothing within the year (hopefully).

http://illarion.org/general/us_rpg_guide.php#2
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

Gro'bul wrote:I think this is really out of period of the game. Furthermore the first precursors of "neckties" don't appear until the 17th century, let alone neckties or a "suit". There will be new, fancier clothing within the year (hopefully).

http://illarion.org/general/us_rpg_guide.php#2
Was wondering when some one would mention this...
Joxia Doral

ties

Post by Joxia Doral »

brought it for female wear a while back...
http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... hp?t=27942
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Post by Avalyon el'Hattarr »

Only neckties present in the middle ages were these:

Quite fasionable, I might add.
Rhianna Morgan

Post by Rhianna Morgan »

Hey, yes, they are fashionable and fit to the game... why not putting these ones in? :twisted: :twisted:
Harald Hradradr

Post by Harald Hradradr »

Thumbs up for Avalyons proposal. But i would like to see the "Schandgeige" as well. A nice wooden neck tie and it is used for the wrists as well!
Youchimitchu

hmm..

Post by Youchimitchu »

Last edited by Youchimitchu on Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Grugnak Meglos

Post by Grugnak Meglos »

neck ties, cultural revolution, make my (mes) day. lock pl0x?

btw, gothic architecture has nothing to do with the gots as people, fyi.
Youchimitchu

Post by Youchimitchu »

Last edited by Youchimitchu on Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pellandria

Re: hmm..

Post by Pellandria »

Youchimitchu wrote:.... please note this is not an industrial revolution so things like guns .....are still far off VERY FAR off should never be seen as well as siege weapons as well as new armors and weapons should not be implemented with this. maybe new weapons and armor if you say its a "Arms revolution"
There you are wrong, guns could allready build in european middleages, we even have a herb which could be used for a blackpowder improvisation aswell as having gynkisch fire ig, not to add that walls and castles started the creation of siege weapons, so there is also much things to build, from normal catapults over ballists and other things, but I doubt this will ever be impleted, so before you assume something it might be smart to inform yourself first.
Youchimitchu

mhm

Post by Youchimitchu »

Last edited by Youchimitchu on Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Actually from the moment cannons started becoming common, walled cities became useless.

Please no cultural revolution and stuff like that. Leave 'gunpowder' if you want to add it in, as something mysterious and magical. No chemistry or anything.
Youchimitchu

Post by Youchimitchu »

bah forget it...takin down my posts as clearly i am an idiot.. oh and the cultural revolution i was talking about had nothing to do with creating guns or new weapons.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Who needs guns when you can sling giant fireballs devastating whole armies by nothing but a thought and some mumbled words, anyway?

To the original proposal, Grobby has presented some new clothes somewhere else. Maybe you review them and add what's missing? And no, neck ties are definatly not fitting the world Illarion.
Alber G

Post by Alber G »

Personally I dont think the "neck tie" would fit in, no. But at least some expensive nice clothing for the upper classes.

And if we are talking about not implenting "modern" stuff into the game, why is everybody running around "No slavery! Human rights!"... they would hang you in the middle ages for that.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

No they wouldn't, if you for example come out of albarian and you are female you more or less saw slavery, noone would want to repeat that, so its allright, if someone is against slaves, well democracy is something completly else on the other hand, this doesn't fit into illarion.
Dariya

Post by Dariya »

Pellandria wrote:No they wouldn't, if you for example come out of albarian and you are female you more or less saw slavery, noone would want to repeat that ...
*coughs*
Pellandria wrote:... so before you assume something it might be smart to inform yourself first.

if the slaves would have worked for me, why wouldn't I want that to be repeated? I would be fine with slaves working for me if I was used to it and could afford.

But that was not the topic ...

I like Avalyon's neck ties most I admit :twisted:
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

If we let Avalyon have his 'neckties' we'll all be dancing the sisal two-step within a week. However, they sound like a good idea. =]
Also, on the note of slaves, slavery ig is good fun, I've had several slave chars.