How do I LOGIN?

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Razimus

How do I LOGIN?

Post by Razimus »

This question, the fact that I'm asking it is the result of an error on the part of the creators of this game, an easy ability for human beings to play the game should be your #1 priority otherwise an online rpg with no other players is simply a single player game, anyway I registered, I made an account, it never told me what my password was so I made one up, and I can login on the *WEBPAGE ONLY* I cannot login on the game, and I made this 2nd account for the forums to ask this question, why can I not login to the game? It asks for not the account but the character name so I used the character name which also was never designated a password so I assume it is the same password that I made up for the account, no combination of ether has worked and thus I am forced to ask this question, which is probably very stupid sounding, but the fact that I couldn't login with my account name and password, or character name and password is far beyond the stupidity of this question itself, so help me login or don't, if I can't login I'll never play and neither will thousands like myself.
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

You don't make it easy for us to read your question, but anyway here are my guesses where you messed up:

1. You didn't create a character using the website.
2. Your character does not have the status "playable". You can check that using the website account.
A character is playable after you set the attributes, infos like height, weight, age and the starting items and skills.
3. The client precisly asks you for your character name and account password (you failed to read that), and you entered it wrong.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

In case the name of your account and character matches your board account, I recommend:
The one I usually tend to agree with wrote:2. Your character does not have the status "playable". You can check that using the website account.
A character is playable after you set the attributes, infos like height, weight, age and the starting items and skills
Do this:

Go to:
https://illarion.org/accountsystem/us_index.php

Click on "set attributes".
Set the attributes as you wish. All have their effect.
Click on "Anfrage abschicken" (blame Nitram for not fixing this language-problem :-))
Wait some seconds
Chose a start package
Click on "show package"
Click on "Take this equipment package"

Start the client and log in with your character name and your account password. Have fun!
AlexRose

Re: How do I LOGIN?

Post by AlexRose »

Razimus wrote:This question, the fact that I'm asking it is the result of an error on the part of the creators of this game, an easy ability for human beings to play the game should be your #1 priority otherwise an online rpg with no other players is simply a single player game, anyway I registered, I made an account, it never told me what my password was so I made one up, and I can login on the *WEBPAGE ONLY* I cannot login on the game, and I made this 2nd account for the forums to ask this question, why can I not login to the game? It asks for not the account but the character name so I used the character name which also was never designated a password so I assume it is the same password that I made up for the account, no combination of ether has worked and thus I am forced to ask this question, which is probably very stupid sounding, but the fact that I couldn't login with my account name and password, or character name and password is far beyond the stupidity of this question itself, so help me login or don't, if I can't login I'll never play and neither will thousands like myself.
It's strange how everyone else managed.

The website gives clear instructions. And what do you mean "it never told me what my password was"? You wanted it to make a password for you? I've only seen a system like that in some really shoddy websites. Standard internet account creation goes: Register -> type chosen username, type chosen password and type it again for a validity check, then fill in other forms...
Borine

Re: How do I LOGIN?

Post by Borine »

AlexRose wrote:
Razimus wrote:This question, the fact that I'm asking it is the result of an error on the part of the creators of this game, an easy ability for human beings to play the game should be your #1 priority otherwise an online rpg with no other players is simply a single player game, anyway I registered, I made an account, it never told me what my password was so I made one up, and I can login on the *WEBPAGE ONLY* I cannot login on the game, and I made this 2nd account for the forums to ask this question, why can I not login to the game? It asks for not the account but the character name so I used the character name which also was never designated a password so I assume it is the same password that I made up for the account, no combination of ether has worked and thus I am forced to ask this question, which is probably very stupid sounding, but the fact that I couldn't login with my account name and password, or character name and password is far beyond the stupidity of this question itself, so help me login or don't, if I can't login I'll never play and neither will thousands like myself.
It's strange how everyone else managed.

The website gives clear instructions. And what do you mean "it never told me what my password was"? You wanted it to make a password for you? I've only seen a system like that in some really shoddy websites. Standard internet account creation goes: Register -> type chosen username, type chosen password and type it again for a validity check, then fill in other forms...
Lol first time I played I forgot my password and I'm using one the GM's sent me
Llama

Post by Llama »