The Grovestriders Mercenary Band

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Gregor Antus

Post by Gregor Antus »

I, Slazf Kruvkva, now declare the Grovestriders Mercenary Band available for service in supporting any goodly cause, for fair pricing. Our band will consider all alliances and trading agreements offered by any good aligned organization. We offer definate discounts to any other organization that permanently sponsors or offers a continuous support to the Grovestriders.

The Grovestriders hold a high standard of honor in battle and in times of peace, and hope that all of its associates will maintain this standard when dealing with others. My deepest gratitude goes out to all peoples who assisted us in the building of this guild, as well as to it's loyal members.

-Slazf Kruvkva-
Gregor Antus

Post by Gregor Antus »

Voting!
I propose that one more officer be voted in. Please send me your votes for the most appropriate officer.

Darius is the elected captain!
Darius: 3
Shingo: 1
Altrix: 1
Julius: 2
Joxia: 2
Arelas: 1

*All votes are completely anonymous; no member is allowed to reveal a vote, even after voting is finished. This law includes even the Commander and Captain.

Rankings

Commander
Slazf Kruvkva

Captain
Darius Kain

Officers
Joxia Doral

Guild Mage (equivalent of officer)
Arelas

Soldiers
Christopher Rigden
Astar Caldean
Mattin Dogain
Amaria
Squire Altrix of Gobiath
Shingo Sharpshot
Sir Julius Rothman

Recruits
All of the current members who aided in the creation of the guild have earned the rank "soldier". Any further entrees will begin as recruits.

Draken Delgado
Zach Dawson
Linden Solmur
Syrus
Ubbdiwak Waggek

Available Men-at-arms
These members can be called upon in times of need, but have opted not to be fully attached as a soldier.

Liam Heneghan

Allies and sponsors

The Knighthood of Kallahorn
The Knighthood of Gobiath

Employers
Chester Copperpot
Phillibald Sonnenkern Littlethorn

Current and Potential Jobs
*10% of all earnings through mercenary work go to the guild fund.

Patrolling the trade road leading out of Goldburg
Mercenary/ies on duty: Christopher Rigden
Earnings: 3 silver per day
Employer: Chester Copperpot
Spots left: none

Guarding trade caravans travelling into and out of Greenbriar
Christopher Rigden, Arelas, Shingo Sharpshot
Mercenary/ies on duty:
Earnings: Not yet confirmed
Employer: Phillibald Sonnenkern Littlethorn
Spots left: none

Job#1 (Revised):
I require one warrior with good eyesight to accompany me on various treasures of smugglers, bandits and stolen goods.
Time is negotiable, simply contact me to arrange to meet. I have at least 6 maps to pursue.
Job is repeatable
Mercenary/ies on duty: Joxia Doral
Earnings: 3 silver per map
Spots left: 1

Goldburg Job Posting#2: Completed
I require 75 Pieces of Parchment. As far as I know, only mummies drop this from their bandages. Collect 75 for me and recieve 10 silvers for the work. Time needed - 2 Dwarven weeks.

Thank you,
~Chester Copperpot

-Contact me, Slazf, with the bandages. I will get them to Chester and give you appropriate shares- This job is completed.

Job #3:
I also require one warrior to act as a Body-Guard during my weekly C.O.W.S. auctions at the Theater. Show up at the start, and leave at the end. Just keep the peace and answer questions. I will be busy with the auction.
((3pm CST//10pm GMT - Sundays))
Mercenary/ies on duty: Joxia Doral
Earnings: 3 silver per auction
Spots left: 1

Total earnings per day: 3 silver
Earnings towards guild fund per day: 30 copper

Armory and Treasury
*any donations made will be updated into the armory within no more than a week.
*all of the preferences for donations are vague. This allows a donator to provide anything within that catagory, to his best abilites. Only donations of at least average quality items will be accepted (except leather products and hides, due to the recent plague)

Equipment and materials needed:
Any melee weaponry
Any ranged weaponry
Shields
Leather armor
Metal armor
Boots
Gloves
Leather hides (cured or uncured)
Furs
Entrails
Ore (copper, iron, and coal)
Currency (gold, silver, or copper)
Food (rabbit dishes preffered)

Equipment in Armory:
1 Full leather armor (chest)
1 Half leather armor (chest)

Funds in Treasury:
Gold: 0
Silver: 0
Copper: 0
Last edited by Gregor Antus on Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:50 pm, edited 26 times in total.
Gregor Antus

Post by Gregor Antus »

Laws and Regulations

1. All members of the guild must abide by the laws of the region or town that they enter, rather than the laws of the guild. (Except for confirmed outlaw and hostile areas whose laws are then void)

2. Any member who commits a crime will be handed over to the appropriate authorities. If the crime is confirmed, they will be banned from the guild. If the crime is pardoned or the perpetrator is proven to be innocent, he may re-enter the guild, but the captain or commander reserve the right to a assign a charge to watch him for a designated period of time (depending on the severity of the crime in question)

3. Laws within the guild:
3.a. Offences: When the guild is in an area that is without an assigned owner (and subject to no laws) ,members are answerable to the laws of Trolls Bane ((http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... hp?t=27188)) ;perpetrators will be punished with work (cook duty, foraging, setting up camp, etc..) for a light offence (being denoted a rank after two light offences) ; banned from the guild for a medium offence (permanent banning or being denoted a rank may result); and transported as a prisoner to Trolls Bane (at the mercy of it's authorities) for a serious crime. These laws are seen to by the Commander -or the Captain, in the Commander's absence only-

3.b. Promotions: A member of the guild will be promoted on these conditions:

3.b.1.Recruits may earn their rank as soldier after the commander or captain deems it so, or through defeating any higher ranking member in combat using nonlethal weaponry (defeating a member ranked higher than soldier will still only promote the recruit one rank)

3.b.2.Soldiers may earn their rank as officer after participating in a minimum of five battles against an enemy confirmed by the Commander or Captain, and asking for the promotion from the Commander or Captain (though the Commander or Captain may refuse, given a reason, sometimes subject to voting by all members higher ranked than "Recruit"). The Commander or Captain may also promote a soldier to officer without any requirements, but this also requires a reason that is subject to a vote (through a successful vote to make that reason subject to voting by Soldiers or higher ranked members)

3.b.3.The "Captain" rank is given to an officer by the Commander only. The Commander is not required to give a reason (but it is polite to do so).

*An "Available Man-at-arms" may fully join as a Soldier upon meeting the Commander or Captain ((IG)) and confirming the transaction. He may also go directly fro "Available Man-at-Arms" to officer, but is subject to the same conditions as a soldier seeking promotion.

3.c. Authority within the guild: this given authority does not overrule any local authority subject to 3.a. and is only able to be employed within the guild: (any members disobeying authority can be reported to the Commander -or captain, in the commander's absence only)

3.c.1.Recruit: a recruit has no authority within the guild.

3.c.2.Soldier: A soldier has some authority over recruits. A soldier is able to request that a recruit attend training sessions with that soldier (the recruit may bring the matter up with an officor or higher authority than soldier if he disagrees) A soldier may order a recruit to do any task (that is not potentially harmful of life threatening) in the absence of any higher rank than soldier.

3.c.3.Officer: An officer has the same authority as a soldier, but this applies to soldiers and recruits. Officers are also able to command a recruit or soldier to do up to one dwarven hour of labour work. An officer also has the authority to command troops in battle- lower rank than his/herself-Any of these abilities misused can be reported and will be questioned and perhaps punished by a higher ranking authority. (while not in combat)

*(an Available Man-at-arms is not subject to the authority of an officer, Commander, or Captain, unless temporary or permanent connection is confirmed between the Available Man-at-arms and the Commander or Captain. Note that: the Available Man-at-Arms will not be able to travel or enter combat with the Guild as a soldier, unless he confirms temporary connection or permanent)

3.c.4.Captain: The captain has all of the authorities of the Commander when the commander is absent, but decisions concerning offences will be noted and taken to the Commander upon his return. The Commander is not considered fully absent until he has been away for more than five dwarven days, in which case the Captain must hold any prisoners that have commited offences until five days have passed, or the Commander returns. The captain otherwise has the same authorities as an officer would, but over all lesser ranks (including officers) The captain can be taken down to officer if the Commander deems it neccesary. The Commander will be forced to do this to the Captain, if voted to by over half of the members ranking above "recruit"(Unless he can provide an agreed upon reason to reconsider the vote) . Upon the fully confirmed death of the Commander, the captain is promoted to "Commander" from there on (If the dead Commander returns by some miracle, he assumes the rank Commander yet again, and the Captain returns to his position)

*Any above brackets in all of the "Laws and regulations" section that apply to a captain are not subject the 3.c.4. rules, allowing the captain to perform the task in brackets if the conditions are met, but no other extra additions to the law in brackets

*No outsiders are subject to the above laws, excluding the laws of Trolls Bane when in the area covered by Trolls Bane authorities. Only members answer to the guild laws.

*Changes to these laws may be done through agreement of the Commander only.
Gregor Antus

Post by Gregor Antus »

My apologies, the new time will be at 24. Ushos 25 06:00:00 ((GMT 7:00 PM, Thursday 17th 2008, in the library 2nd floor))

Any members who can make it are encouraged to do so. We will be discussing many things, including promotions, fees charged to employers, combat roles, and so on. If you are not able to attend, send me a dove with an appropriate time for you and I to discuss what you missed. I hope you all can make it there. Farewell untill then.

-Slazf Kruvkva-
leader and friend of the Grovestriders
Last edited by Gregor Antus on Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
lyken

Post by lyken »

I would like to join. i heard of this through my friend Darius Kain.
Illarion

Post by Illarion »

Send a letter to the commander and you may be considered.

~Captain Arelas~
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Job Posting:

As a first test, something simple. I wish to hire three members to accompany me on a Treasure hunt for Pirates Loot. One member must be good with maps for my own eyes cannot read well. I shall dig. All coin and treasures will be saved for Goldburg.

Coordinate who shall come with your Commander, as I only require three. Meet me in three dwarven days at the Gates of Goldburg Citadel. Pay is negotiable depending on risk.
((Saturday 3pm CST~10pm GMT))

Thank ye,
~Chester Copperpot
Gregor Antus

Post by Gregor Antus »

Ahh how luck has shined upon us of late. Our first offer. I shall require two others than myself to service our employer. Perhaps our guild mage Arelas should be one of the two, shall we need teleportation or any other convenient powers a strong caster controls. It is up to you all though, my friends and fellows. We shall decide who will come along during upcoming gathering. It is time to test our steel against the first of many challenges, let us prove our worth, Grovestriders!
Phillibald Sonnenkern

Post by Phillibald Sonnenkern »

We need:

Two to three able guards for a caravan en route from Trollsbane to Greenbriar and back to Trollsbane. The caravan will transport tools back to Greenbriar then be loaded with grain, vegetables and other foodstuff to be taken back to Trollsbane.

Date for the caravan: To be decided, some of the tool orders are not finished yet

However please send a dove with recommendations on further protection and an approximation of hiring costs to me.

Pay in resources (mainly food) would be prefered.

Phillibald Sonnenkern Littlethorn
Borine

Post by Borine »

I volunteer for Chester's job...

Christopher Rigden
Illarion

Post by Illarion »

I am available for both jobs. Contact me.

~Arelas~
Gregor Antus

Post by Gregor Antus »

I have the current pricing for all of our services, other than patrol duty.
The daily fee is four silver per mercenary on the job. (this fee is decreased if the mercenaries being hired are provided with the food and equipment needed for the job) (the fee may be increased, depending on the dangers involved with the job being done.)

Upon contact, I will be fine to negotiate prices that more accomodate your needs. Payment in trade goods rather than currency is not preferred, but may be organized with time. The trade goods must equal up to the required fee when their gross market price is calculated.

*ten percent of all guild member earnings through mercenary service go towards the guild fund, and are stored for equipment, food, etc.. A saving will be started for the eventual building of a guild lodging and storage for members.

Send me a dove stating any problems with these new updates,

Slazf Kruvkva
Last edited by Gregor Antus on Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wyrda

Post by Wyrda »

Slazf,

Thank you for accepting me into the guild, I would like to help out Phillibald with his request if you would allow it.

~Shingo Sharpshot~
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Thank you for the prices Slazf. I think they are fair for normal endeavors and very affordable.

However, I would like to recommend "Hazard Pay" as a 'bonus' to the prices for your mercenaries in Harm's way. I myself will donate 3 silvers extra each for the job tomorrow because of the danger of Red skeletons.

If they are hired to go after Golems, Dragons or other 'armies', you may want to negotiate higher 'hazard pay' depending on Danger for those that will surely die and lose expensive equipment.

I believe this will help with fears of 'losing' equipment and thereby not accepting jobs.

Many thanks,
~Chester Copperpot
Gregor Antus

Post by Gregor Antus »

Yes you are welcome to fill the position Shingo, shall I sign you up?
And thank you for the advice Juniper; I already have a hazard pay note in brackets, but I suppose I should highlight it so it is easier to notice.
It is generous for you to have offered it also, without even noticing there was one. Many thanks for the consideration.

-Slazf-
Gregor Antus

Post by Gregor Antus »

Arelas and Christpher Rigden, you must meet me tomorrow in no less than one half of a dwarven hour of our departure at the Trolls Bane tavern. We have our assignment at Goldburg Citadel, and must arrive on time. Please be at the tavern before departure.

-Slazf-
Gregor Antus

Post by Gregor Antus »

Dear fellow Grovestriders,

I am considering to eventually create plans for a lodging open to all guild members. The rules require that the guild have four members that are not a citizen of any other town, guild, or settlement. If you are such a member, please send me a private message. Without four of these type of members, we will never be able to build.

-Slazf-
Gregor Antus

Post by Gregor Antus »

Hail Grovestriders!

My apologies, but I may not be able to attend the job tomorrow that was posted by Chester. ((I probably will be painting a carport, really sorry but it is unavoidable)) If I do not make it to the Trolls Bane tavern for the brief beforehand meeting, either Darius Kain or Joxia (the officers. Arelas is already going) may take my place as a representative of the Grovestriders in my stead. I am sure that in my absence, you will all prove just as self-sufficient as you were before our unity as a band. Yet again, I am deeply sorry that I may not be able to attend. Tell Chester that I would be glad to meet with him sometime soon concerning the performance of our guild during the job.

Sorry and luck be with you all,
Slazf Kruvkva
Borine

Post by Borine »

I am sorry I could not come to the job as agreed. Urgent matters came up and I was called away...

C.R

((Family friends called in at last minute and could not go to computer because that would just be un-sociable sorry for the inconvinience))
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Hmm....I understand.

We could postpone this job for a few days.

How about in one dwarven day, same time?
((Sunday, 3pm CST~10pm GMT))

Meet me in Trollsbane at the Theater.

~Chester
Gregor Antus

Post by Gregor Antus »

I will try my hardest to make it there. ((though I may be needed for painting))
Sorry for the inconveniance.

-Slazf-
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Not a problem.

I need you all in top performance for this, and all other jobs.

If we must schedule it again, let me know.

~Chester
Shingo

Post by Shingo »

I could make it at the new date.

Shingo
Gregor Antus

Post by Gregor Antus »

Perfect. Meet at the Trolls Bane tavern half a dwarven hout before we must arrive at Goldgurg.

-Slazf-
HeXiS

Post by HeXiS »

i shall do my best to be at the tavern... additionally i have a few other ideas to discuss with you Slazf.. i talked with Altrix and so far have not seen anyone else to talk to about the ideas so im hoping we can talk abit my friend.

-Darius Kain-
Joxia Doral

job

Post by Joxia Doral »

I thi...nk I can go if you need me... I may want to go just to observe and give a hand if needed...

Joxia Doral
Gregor Antus

Post by Gregor Antus »

Aye, I look forward to that. Anytime you have an idea Darius, I am more than willing to listen. This applies to anyone else also.

-Slazf-
Borine

Post by Borine »

Hey I'm available today too can't I get my old slot back...?

C.R
Gregor Antus

Post by Gregor Antus »

That is very good that you are available. I have already put you up in all three job slots possible though, so I do not know what you are asking me.

-Slazf-
Borine

Post by Borine »

Ok I was checking...also when I sent a message to Chester about patrol times he told me that he had no idea what I was talking about... and that he did not need me....

Christopher Rigden