My humble call goes to all mercenaries

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Gregor Antus

My humble call goes to all mercenaries

Post by Gregor Antus »

Posted to a fencepost, is a message scrawled in rather messy -but not illiterate- lettering

"Salutations, citizens of Gobiath. I go by the name Slazf Kruvkva, the moderately well known mercenary and forest guide. I have single-handedly worked as a freelance sellsword for a long while, but have recently considered the recruitment of a band of men (or women) willing to risk their lifeblood for our settlement's lifeblood (the trade), I being one of those men. Please post any replies to this post, as I will frequently return to it, in the eagerness of finding fellow citizens wishing to join me in the protection of travelling caravans. Mayhaps this band would eventually become a guild, with luck."

-Slazf Kruvkva-
Loyal citizen of Trollsbane
Konrad Knox

Post by Konrad Knox »

Basically, what you saying is "join me in a band of mercenaries". I'm willing to try out. If you can best me, I will join you.
Konrad Knox
Borine

Post by Borine »

If Konrad is in I might join... though I have a bit of a wanted problem I'm working on clearing that up...

Christopher Rigden

Some writing was added

I'm also a well trained cook
Gregor Antus

Post by Gregor Antus »

Hmm, it is nice to learn that my call has been at least heeded. I shall be gratituous of any other replies. And yes, a cook would be a valuable asset. But this guild I wish to start is not going to be like the "Kallahorn" (the gods save their associates), I wish to organize a band that focuses on guarding caravans, and mayhaps aiding in times of war. I try to be as selfless as I can, and generous also...Therefore, I shall supply any members with as fine equipment as my coffers are capable of offering. I wish to call it the "Grovestriders", but am open to any other suggestions. I also hope that this guild will not be influenced by religious zealotry, and will try my hardest to fight against the like. I fear that I myself though, am more of a negotiator than a fighter (though I have some skill with the blade), but even in my old age, I shall continue the struggle to improve myself physically. Best wishes to you all, and I hope I get some definate entrees soon enough.

Regards to you all,
Zlazf Kruvkva
Hushed

Post by Hushed »

Pinned is a note, written in very nice handwriting.

Though I do not seek life as a mercenary, I do seek good equipment, and good pay. I shall join you, for the right price.

Astar Caldean
Borine

Post by Borine »

I guess I'll give a go at being a mercenary then. Sign me up.

Christopher Rigden
Gregor Antus

Post by Gregor Antus »

Ahh this is spectacular! Two out of four. I shall not be abloe to begin the process of actually starting the band until I have gotten us a place on the Guild board.. I am highly grateful for both of your affimations regarding entrance, and any help to find two more at least would be recieved with endless gratitude.

My thanks to you,
Slazf Kruvkva
Joxia Doral

mercenaries

Post by Joxia Doral »

I would be interested possibly.
Joxia Doral
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

A valant idea, and something I wish we could have gotten to sooner. I personally would be glad to support you with any goods needed for protecting caravans. I do not have very good equitment to give, but it would be a start and good for training. Also once the castle is built it could work as a resting point for your men (and women of course).

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Knight of Gobaith
Warrior of Bragon
Last edited by Dantagon Marescot on Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gregor Antus

Post by Gregor Antus »

I cannot explain how much of my gratitude you have earned for your generous offer, Sir Dantagon. It is wonderful to see my dream of a band of guardians starting to take place. I myself will support you and the knights in any way I am able, but my mercenaries are not bound to my orders, so all I can say is that I am sure I have picked with discretion; and earned through it a wonderful bunch of noble fighters.

And Joxia, it is nice to see an old aquaintance considering to aid my cause, and you would fit the role perfectly, since you are a fine fighter (and I am sure you would best me sword to sword now)

As soon as I have agreements from four fighters -if Joxia agrees that will make three- ,I shall request an audience with the Governor, and then do my best to aquire us a place among the official guilds. Once we are formed, I shall toil night and day until I have drawn up a bill of regulations and recruitment conditions. After it is drawn, I will bring it to you all and see if you agree to them; if not, I shall change what I can (within reason)

I encourage you all to aid me in the search for our final member required to gain a charter.

Until then, I hope you are all aware of how thankful I am to have such generous and brave people that I can call friends.

Slazf Kruvkva
Gregor Antus

Post by Gregor Antus »

I bet some of you are wondering, "what do I gain from this guild?". For one thing, this guild will not be one that tells its members to do this or that, but one that will provide them with a home, and employers when available. You will suffer no holdbacks in joining this guild, since I leave you free to join any other goodly guild or organizations, and persue your own destiny -while having a band of friends and fellows to fall back on in times of need, and the opportunity to be that friend for others (though you do not have to take it)- For example, "Halren of Varishkar wishes an armed guard to accompany him to Trolls Bane, for fear of Bandits. In this scenario, I would post up on the guild board 'Mercenaries needed for..etc.'
and anyone who wished to could take the job, paying only 10 percent of earnings to the guild (for covering your equipment, safe employment, and giving you a reputation)"

I beleive that you can only gain from nurturing bonds with this budding guild, and joining early will offer you a greater position in later times.

Wellbeing to all of you,
Slazf Kruvkva
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

Must one know the ways of the blade to be a mercenary?

-
Gregor Antus

Post by Gregor Antus »

No, good friend, they do not. I would even personally train any new recruits (though I claim no mastery myself) It is only the enthusiasm to aid -and a dash of potential- that I look for in entrees. Shall I sign you up as our fourth? If so, I only need to wait for the ones not confirmed yet to begin getting a charter.

Slazf
Last edited by Gregor Antus on Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

Aye, sign me in.

-
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

I would join, though you did slander my name.

Signed,
Sir Julius Rothman
Knight of Kallahorn
Gregor Antus

Post by Gregor Antus »

Ahh perfect! I shall make haste in aquiring a charter! This is indeed joyous.
Gregor Antus

Post by Gregor Antus »

We now await an answer from Arien Edhel ((the GM))
Everyone pray for the best.

Slazf
Last edited by Gregor Antus on Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dantagon Marescot

I might reconsiter my offer after seeing as whom you accept as members.

Dan
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

I have a stronghold for them to rest and enough equipment to supply two armies. I don't think you have much leverage here, Mister Marescot.

Signed,
Sir Julius Rothman
Knight of Kallahorn
Dantagon Marescot

Yes, away from main roads. But I guess I can't stop you from becoming a mercenary and working for personal gain, can I? I shall support the mercinaries who do not cause trouble in any town.

Dan
Gregor Antus

Post by Gregor Antus »

I shall promote equality among all. As long as no man in my band does eveil in it's name, they are accepted. But I am a citizen of Trolls Bane, and must alert the guard of definate threats should they appear (though I am sure they will not, for I deal with reasonable men here)
Garen

Post by Garen »

I offer my services. Though I am away from the Island often, I can still do some work when I am around. I have fair skill with sword and shield and have worked as a mercenary on the mainland.

Mattin Dogain
HeXiS

Post by HeXiS »

* a scarp of parchment has been shoved onto a splinter from the post*

I miss my old days a bit and im already a well know Cow Gaurd business is slow due to recent changes in pack animals.. so i will gladly act in this.

*the letter is signed with only a small black tulip * ((Darius Kain))
Gregor Antus

Post by Gregor Antus »

You are both now on my list of noble members of the Grovestriders.
Now to wait for a reply regarding our charter. Deepest gratitude to all entrees thus far, and aye Darius, I remember the cow guard.

-signed Slazf Kruvkva-
Amaria

Post by Amaria »

I too Sir, am very much interested.
Sign me up, if you want me.

~ Amaria
Gregor Antus

Post by Gregor Antus »

I have done just that, my elven ally. Welcome.

-Slazf-
Gregor Antus

Post by Gregor Antus »

Attention all members of the newly official Grovestriders mercenary guild. We are now considered an official guild. And I begin the construction of a guild board on the morrow. I could not have done it without you, and this will benefit us all. My thanks to everyone who helped in the creation of the guild, now I need to hold my oath to create agreeable regulations and a board. I will provide you all with a post on this notice board telling of where you may find the new board ((a link)) once I create it.

Farwell untill then,
Slazf Kruvkva
New leader of the Grovestriders mercenary guild
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Dear Grovestriders,

I am a warrior of sorts as well, but I am much too busy with other affairs to become 'affiliated', much as I wish to. However, I would like to be listed as a potential employer.

I have need of a band of warriors from time to time to protect my person, events and occasional forays into the wilderness. I have tried in vain to organize and train our own warriors for such 'quests', however they are not quite ready for some tasks I have in mind. I have even had to auction off some of our more 'difficult' treasure maps for lack of skilled warriors to obtain them.

Please send me a list of prices and services when you have assembled and agreed upon them and I shall consider some work to post. The work I plan will be dangerous. Strong, steady and 'loyal' blades will be needed for it. I hope we can do business together.

Thank you.
~Chester Copperpot
Chief of Goldburg
Steward of the "Axe of Irmorom"
Gregor Antus

Post by Gregor Antus »

The guild board is now written. Anything further that concerns the guild including employment shall be posted on the board ((http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... hp?t=27869)) This board may still be used as a place to post simple unrelated notes that are concerning other guild members, and not the guild directly.

-Slazf Kruvkva-