milk???

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Tanaloth

milk???

Post by Tanaloth »

is it posible to have a barn where you can go and milk a cow for 2 copper per bucket of milk???
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

First off why?
Secon, we allready got sheep milk and it can't be drunk.

Next time you propos somethign please think about the proposal first, is it usefull enough to be worth the work and can it be done and you should guess if the gms/devs weren't able to think of this themselfs.
Olive

Post by Olive »

actually i sortof like the idea of a small dairy farm. use a bucket with a cow and you get bucket of milk. use bucket of milk with large bottle gives bottle of milk which recovers some food

use bucket of milk with a churn and you get butter, which could say.. give a small increase to cooking success on hard dishes, but gets used up eact time.

use milk with rennett powder at a wine barrel and get cheese.

and since we no longer have pack cows we have pack mules, its not somethignthat can be grotesquely abused
Tanaloth

Post by Tanaloth »

im happy that someone agrees with me. we can make a small dairy farm just beside the hospital or an other place in town
Tanistian_Kanea

Post by Tanistian_Kanea »

again we come back to why? this does not really serve any purpose other then adding more food which can easily wait.
Gregory Hardcast

Post by Gregory Hardcast »

What is the purpose of the game? Fun.

If some people will be benefited via rp or enjoyment or whatever through having milk then it has a purpose.
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

Because the farmers IG have to depend upon vegetables and should be able to milk an animal? Babies need milk, rolls need butter which comes from milk, its a cash drain for all of your rich characters, the Farmers union would look neat with a red barn.
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

Moo

Take a different approach

Instead of
1."Why do you write that anyway? It has low priority"

Write

2."Hey, good idea, but there are probably more pressing things to be done."

1 = :cry:

2 = :D

8)

It's all in the words, smile people.
Tanistian_Kanea

i'd say if you want anything like this propose dairy products from milk first. who said we have to use cows milk?
Olive

Post by Olive »

you are absolutly right
we nee dto use fairy milk!
:lol:
Tanistian_Kanea

i think you would have ALOT of angry fairies.
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

I actually suggest cows because they don't have any special reward from them thats used alot. That way cows are more.. popular?
Tanistian_Kanea

i don't get why we have cows in the first place.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Why shouldn't we? It makes the game more interesting. Would you be happy if we just had ONE animal and ONE monster ingame?
Llama

Post by Llama »

The problem is always graphics...

Bucket of milk is easy (dye anyone?) bottle of milk we have...

Dairy products we don't.
Tanistian_Kanea

AlexRose wrote:Why shouldn't we? It makes the game more interesting. Would you be happy if we just had ONE animal and ONE monster ingame?
i didn't say not have more creatures, but why cows? why not goats, or lamas (cough hadrian cough) and i can't remember what other creatures are used around the world to produce milk. and varshikar could have pack camels instead of mules because of the desert.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Tanistian_Kanea wrote:
AlexRose wrote:Why shouldn't we? It makes the game more interesting. Would you be happy if we just had ONE animal and ONE monster ingame?
i didn't say not have more creatures, but why cows? why not goats, or lamas (cough hadrian cough) and i can't remember what other creatures are used around the world to produce milk. and varshikar could have pack camels instead of mules because of the desert.
Because Martin has enough to do without having to make llamas? Wasn't it YOU who immediately discarded this idea because it seemed too pointless?
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

We got sheep, who give milk so shut it now will ya?
Tanistian_Kanea

AlexRose wrote:
Tanistian_Kanea wrote:
Because Martin has enough to do without having to make llamas? Wasn't it YOU who immediately discarded this idea because it seemed too pointless?
sorry last thing pellandria:
it's called a com-pro-mise. like trying to make ev-er-y-one hap-py. though i don't really want it i am offering different ideas i think are slightly better, you are just mucking things up and complaining.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Tanistian_Kanea wrote:again we come back to why? this does not really serve any purpose other then adding more food which can easily wait.
This isn't a complaint at all.

Your stuff is even less useful and require more work, so congraturation, a winner is you.

Oh and I like how you even did your stereotypical I LOVE FAIRIES post.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Pellandria wrote:We got sheep, who give milk so shut it now will ya?
Last time I tried this it didn't work :(

Maybe I picked a ram by accident.

ADDED:
Because Martin has enough to do without having to make llamas?
Not my fault the staff have bad priorities!
Joxia Doral

milk

Post by Joxia Doral »

CHOCOLATE !!! We need something chocolate.
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

Tanistian_Kanea wrote:
Cows drop steak which is unused as far as I know, and horns which are used to create helmets and are musical instruments as well.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Vern Kron wrote:
Tanistian_Kanea wrote:
Cows drop steak which is unused as far as I know, and horns which are used to create helmets and are musical instruments as well.
Steak is used to make very 'hard' meat dishes.

I like this idea to a degree though.
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

So, an opinion for getting milk IG, with an actual use?
Llama

Post by Llama »

Vern Kron wrote:So, an opinion for getting milk IG, with an actual use?
Getting milk from sheep was already implemented for years (almost 3), although I think its broken right now.

Maybe it could be used as an ingredient for cakes and the like; for now at least.
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

Cheese cheese cheese! I will make a bucket of milk graphic (white bucket maybe with some milk foam on it?) if we need it.

http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... hp?t=25335
Olive

Post by Olive »

i canthink of a few recipes that coudl be augmented with the addition of butter, pies, cakes, cookies, even some cooking plates woudl benifit form butter, and mayeb cut down on soem of the outrageous vegetable content.. like why a salmon dish needs THREEE tomatoes but only one salmon

add some butter, take out some tomato, balance it out better
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

Gro'bul wrote:Cheese cheese cheese! I will make a bucket of milk graphic (white bucket maybe with some milk foam on it?) if we need it.

Ha ha at the ingot-shaped dwarfish cheese. XD I grinned.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Gro'bul wrote:Cheese cheese cheese! I will make a bucket of milk graphic (white bucket maybe with some milk foam on it?) if we need it.

We already have 'grey dye' which looks like a bucket of milk, and which is currently perfectally useless.

Nice cheeses, now we just need a graphics update ;)