job well done

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Mark Strongarm

job well done

Post by Mark Strongarm »

Just wanted to say great job with the new patch, so far it seems really cool.
:)
Amras Telemnar

Post by Amras Telemnar »

Yes, thanks for the great work!!!
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

Agreed. The update is amazing.
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

simply amazing.
Tanistian_Kanea

Post by Tanistian_Kanea »

i like the character bit and all, examine function is awesome, but no monsters, at all, anywhere... ... ...
Kaila Galathil Travinus

Post by Kaila Galathil Travinus »

Wonderful! :D
Cuvini

Post by Cuvini »

Tanistian_Kanea wrote:i like the character bit and all, examine function is awesome, but no monsters, at all, anywhere... ... ...
Kamilar

Post by Kamilar »

It's very fun to see the differences between the characters now. Makes for a lot of laughs ig and ooc. :lol:

Hopefully we'll settle down some. :oops:
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Post by Avalyon el'Hattarr »

Qustion: can you see people's numbers anymore?
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

yes. Its possible to enable them in the options of the client.

But now due the new possibilities its forbidden to use numbers to identify characters on any way anyway. So the numbers have no real use for you players anymore.

Nitram
Kaila Galathil Travinus

Post by Kaila Galathil Travinus »

Nitram wrote:yes. Its possible to enable them in the options of the client.

But now due the new possibilities its forbidden to use numbers to identify characters on any way anyway. So the numbers have no real use for you players anymore.

Nitram
Don't we still need the numbers if calling a GM (it would be nice if they weren't visible ig but still on the log)?
Nop
Developer

Post by Nop »

Kaila Galathil Travinus wrote: Don't we still need the numbers if calling a GM (it would be nice if they weren't visible ig but still on the log)?
No. Just use the "Report to GM" item in the character context menu. The client will automatically transfer the number to the GM with your complaint.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

you can use the "report player" funktion by right clicking the character you want to report. Then the ID of the char you report is added automatically to the gm call.

In logs those numbers are in general not needed for the staff. We have to compare them with the serverlogs anyway and in the serverlog everything is written with the numbers anyway.

Nitram
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Post by Avalyon el'Hattarr »

Maybe i'm just not used to this feature yet, but yesterday when i logged in, a guy with "Man" above his head attacked me, I chased him down to a place with more than one "Man" . Found it annyong that I couldnt tell which one is the guy. I know that you'll say that I should of have memorised his description, but if he changes his clothes, there's no way for a chaser to recognise his man.
Anyway, very good work guys.
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

Avalyon el'Hattarr wrote:Maybe i'm just not used to this feature yet, but yesterday when i logged in, a guy with "Man" above his head attacked me, I chased him down to a place with more than one "Man" . Found it annyong that I couldnt tell which one is the guy. I know that you'll say that I should of have memorised his description, but if he changes his clothes, there's no way for a chaser to recognise his man.
... or the char that "hid" near a wall, it would have been difficult to report him also, sometimes it is hard to report except after the fact too.

But on the whole, I think it is a Wonderful update, and the features are very nice!
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

Nitram wrote:But now due the new possibilities its forbidden to use numbers to identify characters on any way anyway. So the numbers have no real use for you players anymore.
I like the new examine/look-at features (although the messages should appear within the textbox, because the pop-up windows dissappear to fast), it could boost the RP behaviour. (Now we just need some real cloaking cloths for the lamers who always in disguise :-P - "The man wears a mask...".)

A thing why I reactivated the IDs: Although there are now not only "Somebodies", but the different races in different sizes, it could be hard to tell who of e.g. seven unknown men at a gathering is saying what.
If the staff wants to get rid of the IDs, maybe shorten them to only e.g. the three last numbers or such - enough to distinguish people at a gathering, but to less to identify characters.

PS: I hope the staff won't get spammed now with GM calls. And no one spammes other players with examine* floodings :-).

* If you are examined, in the german version a pop-up says "Jemand scheint dich anzustarren", while the textbox says "Du fühlst dich beobachtet".
The Less

Post by The Less »

Avalyon el'Hattarr wrote:Maybe i'm just not used to this feature yet, but yesterday when i logged in, a guy with "Man" above his head attacked me, I chased him down to a place with more than one "Man" . Found it annyong that I couldnt tell which one is the guy. I know that you'll say that I should of have memorised his description, but if he changes his clothes, there's no way for a chaser to recognise his man.
DUH lol that's the point, You're not MEANT to recognise him if he changes his clothes.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

no the problem is..if someone runs out of your view and then into a crowd, there is no way, without ids, to find out who just attacked you, maybe we could needsome...green or blue circel around someone who attacked your char and it stays around 1 minute, that would atleast clean up things.
The Less

Post by The Less »

Ah I see.

Well yeah, currently the only possible solution would be to either enable the numbers from the options menu for your own personal use to recognise chars, or if you want to have more fun, try hard to get their description before they leave your screen. remembering the char size can help at least.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

What's the difference between Classic Illarion Client Interface and Illarion Modern Client?
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

That is an upcoming feature (not finished afaik). You'll be able to change the key assignments (e.g. ALT+CTRL+SHIFT+all mouse buttons at once for "Attack!" ;-)).
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Estralis Seborian wrote:That is an upcoming feature (not finished afaik). You'll be able to change the key assignments (e.g. ALT+CTRL+SHIFT+all mouse buttons at once for "Attack!" ;-)).
Sounds wonderful!
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

Well you could have right clicked his head then gave him a name, if your character examined him closely. Or you can just go to the options and click show numbers.... but since the gms said you cannot use that information to identify people can't post it on the boards.

But personally I think the numbers option should be completely removed because even if a person changes their clothes you can still recognize hair, eyes, height, weight, and demeanor. (plus like I said you can name them so you dont see man/woman/race anymore)
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

I lol'd.

For the german impaired: Tiny wolf
Rhianna Morgan

Post by Rhianna Morgan »

Great job.
8)
Joxia Doral

well done

Post by Joxia Doral »

I agree, good job
Alytys Lamar

Post by Alytys Lamar »

Nice job.. thanks :)
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

HolyKnight wrote:

Well you could have right clicked his head then gave him a name, if your character examined him closely. Or you can just go to the options and click show numbers.... but since the gms said you cannot use that information to identify people can't post it on the boards.

But personally I think the numbers option should be completely removed because even if a person changes their clothes you can still recognize hair, eyes, height, weight, and demeanor. (plus like I said you can name them so you dont see man/woman/race anymore)
I use numbers so I can tell who's talking to me and because the tags annoy me, then if I want to see their name tag I double click on them, which effectively gives that.
Nop
Developer

Post by Nop »

The idea is to use the naming feature as soon as you have any idea of a name or nickname for a stranger. It is real quick now.

But if you prefer numbers to names, well, that's why they are still possible.
Illarion

Post by Illarion »

Numbers to names hands down any day! w00t!