Technical Issues with update

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Salathe

Technical Issues with update

Post by Salathe »

I have been having major movement problems.

In one case i was constantly forced to move south.

In another, i was about to enter the workshop, and right before i stepped in, everyone else moved the opposite direction, then i was stuck in place. This has happened to me twice (both right before entering buidlings)
Azuros

Post by Azuros »

I had similar problems, it seemed once like one of the arrow keys was activated without being pressed, and then several times, it happened with shift.
Tanistian_Kanea

Post by Tanistian_Kanea »

i have had similar problem but i can already use it to my advantage. for me i keep moving in one direction when i am moving that way, then click on another window, let go of key, click back to illarion you will still be going in whatever direction it is. could use this to type and walk i think. to stop just hit the "downed" key

edit: tried this with shift, same thing
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

When i craft... after the object appears in my belt, the auto craft stops. But works fine once i start to continue

Not sure if this is intended or not
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

My spells appear like 3x as high as they should >_>.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

That bug happend to me already a few times. Even with the old client. If this happend you can't do anything bug logging out.

Dunno why it happens. To me it happens most time when leaving a building.

Nitram
Illarion

Post by Illarion »

Nah if you fiddle with the arrow keys a bit and do some trickery you wont have to log out but it tkaes skill and practice this has happened to me like 20 times already.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

In the shop today, an elf saw an elfess topless, while i saw her with silversteel. There was a small ooc talk about it and it was dismissed.

Also... i often see people as "someone" but they later turn into "Man/Woman/Elf/Elfess etc..." is this a bug?
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Salathe wrote: Also... i often see people as "someone" but they later turn into "Man/Woman/Elf/Elfess etc..." is this a bug?
Yes I got the problem too, it seems if you look at them, turn your char in their direction or stay near them you get the elf/gnom..whatever quicker.

I got an another problem thougth my mouse moves extremly slow inside the client, using it is harder and even pulling Items around is hard.
HeXiS

Post by HeXiS »

my download just keeps stalling....
HeXiS

Post by HeXiS »

and now... it wont launch.
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

just wanted to report....

no problems yet!

Just thought I'd add that. :D
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

Juniper Onyx wrote:just wanted to report....

no problems yet!

Just thought I'd add that. :D
Did you find any offensive NPCs around? Monsters or so?
Llama

Post by Llama »

Yeah the arrow key problem was happening to me constantly as well, though I had thought it was due to me having programs open at the same time.

Also the clicks sometimes don't 'work', which is a problem when choosing a spell.
Nop
Developer

Post by Nop »

As nothing was changed in the client's handling of keys, the arrow key problems could be related to the new version of the graphics library which also handles the input.

I have never observed this. Please give some more information that might help to pinpoint the problem. E.g. is it related to certain machines?
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

Well, about the arrow keys;

If you hold an arrow key (lets say, up arrow key) your character will walk north right? Now if you keep holding the arrow key and alt + tab to another window, the client thinks you're still pressing the key, so your character will keep walking northwards even though you're on another window. Now when you come back to Illarion and make it your active window, the client notices that you're not hitting the up arrow anymore and makes your character stop (unless you press another arrow key, obviously.) This is actually a "useful" bug for some. (with slow computers =p) :P

Since the update though, you can still do that, but when you come back to the Illarion window and make it your active window, your character will still go northward, it won't stop and the client won't notice that you're not hitting the key anymore. This can be a bit annoying, but all you have to do is press the up arrow once more then your character will stop. Or whichever other arrow your character is going in the direction of.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Yeah that always pissed me off on the tc, which was the only reason I didn't use that on gs. It's not that bad though, I suppose, and it allows walktalking and walkcasting level 0 spells :P .
HeXiS

Post by HeXiS »

is there any reason i shoulndt be able to make an axe... i never get past 80% i waisted 12 cotters and never got a fail message.. another person tried and has same problem even with different axe seems tied to the same bug that stops you after you start a work..just an observation..

Edit: thanks peoples!! im the proud papa of two baby orc axe's!
Last edited by HeXiS on Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Konrad Knox

Post by Konrad Knox »

I'm going to have my Order of the Stick moment and say that the further people are, the less you see them wear. So, if you wanna see the elfess you've always had hots for naked, stay away from her!
Weeee! Naked distance orgies!
HeXiS

Post by HeXiS »

sorry guys another crafting problem as arisen.. cant make poisen arrows it say im missing time "bottle" i tried every empty bottle and yellow bottle i had mark is having the same problem..

another odd thing happens when i make saws.. but there is a lil work around for it..

if you handle is the in the first belt spot you fail every time when making saw.. always try to put handles and other items below first spot leaving the first belt spot empty..

*nods in satisfaction and wanders off to make cookies*
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

The most annoying thing IMO is the client sometimes completely freezes up now, not even the mouse graphic moves.

I guess you're aware of it already. :P