How to use magic...

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Arthuro

How to use magic...

Post by Arthuro »

How do you use magic? I press Alt ingame and it shows me a table with 4 runes. When I select like 2 runes then let Alt go, it doesn't do anything. I tried all the combinations that the 4 runes could offer, but no success. Do you need like a magic staff equipped or something to use it?
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

That depends on which runes you have. Only few combinations are actually spells.
Nanuk

Post by Nanuk »

There are more than 4 runes available and only a limited number of combinations is possible. Therefore it might be that a combination of the four runes you have, does have no effect.

Try to find an experienced mage in game and let him/her explain the concept of magic to you. If you are lucky he/she might take you as an apprentice.

Nanuk
Nihiel

Post by Nihiel »

You should find The Magic Academy's pages (I don't remember the address), if you're clever you'll find the listing of all spells there ;-)

I found all the herb combinations myself, but as there's not so much potion recipes as spells, it didn't take too long.
Hermie

Post by Hermie »

:evil: Why don't these people just read the tutorial in the illarion folder? I read it, and I dont expect people in the game to run round saying, how do i do magic etc. However, I dont mind people asking others for different combinations or spells and potions as such.
But PLEASE, NEWBIES, READ THE TUTORIAL, I DID!

Also, for the guy who posted this, did you select the square you wanted the spell to be cast on, because you said you just let go of alt and it didnt do anything.
Serpardum

Post by Serpardum »

When I first started playing this game I couldn't figure out anything. Someone told me OOC in game to try the tutorial. "(( There's a tutorial? Where?))" In my illarion folder.

I ran the tutorial, which was very short, and answered so many questions.

If someone asks you in game how to do something, you should OOC them to try the tutorial. It really does help. Although if you do follow the tutorial you will wind up being a mage and not a druid.