The Town of Troll's Bane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

I don't see why Troll's Bane elects a governor.

Governors in general do absolutely nothing. They're just there for people to whinge at and hold the town's money. Instead of having a governor, why not just choose a trusted person to be a treasurer? He can collect the town funds and then when Bane decides as a democracy what they want to be purchased with that money, the treasurer will spend that money on whatever needs building, or whoever needs employing or buying equipment for the guard. It's as simple as: Someone proposes an idea, people vote, majority vote wins. Then you can't complain about corruption or the sort because it was a joint decision. You'd vote on your own town guard captain, if he became useless someone may propose to reelect a captain and if people agreed then it would happen. Much easier than having to worry about where your money's going and whether your governor's doing a terrible job.

~W.E~
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

Or, perhaps we should elect a governor and an assistant governor, both having acces to the town board, and both able to accept citizens...? Sounds like a good idea to me...

Signed,
Altrix
Captain of the Guard
Squire of Gobaith
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

How would that help? That's just another useless person to steal town funds.

~W.E~
Garon Goldhand

Post by Garon Goldhand »

Chose somebody who already has enough gold and does not need more, hehe.

Garon Goldhand
Olive

Post by Olive »

democracy.. bah.. trollsbane needs a strong executive to get things done.

Somebody with a good head for numbers and not ashamed to earn a few silvers.

somebody with enough presence to make him or herself be listened to.

somebody who understands that war is a part of diplomacy

and somebody with good logistical skills to make sure that which is needed is stored for when it will be needed.. like stocks of grain for the winter

Olive
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

I have all of the outlined qualities, but of course, I would never be elected or accepted as a citizen.

~Carnelian~
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

TB has had governors like that. It didn't work. The governing system has failed, yet you continue to think you'll be able to find a governor you'll like. Sorry, but it isn't going to happen. If you joint decide, everything's fair and everyone's happy. There's noone to complain about except yourselves, you won't be dragged into wars and such that you didn't want to start and if you don't like the people you're employing like the head of the guard then it's your own duty to have him removed. You may as well give this system a try, there's no reason that it should fail except the incompetence of the whole town.

~W.E~
Joxia Doral

Bane

Post by Joxia Doral »

Thanks for the vote of confidence...considering people who are citizens of other places that cause much of the trouble....

Joxia
Last edited by Joxia Doral on Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

That's a bit presumptuous don't you think?

Name a Caelum member that's received a punishment in Bane since Jorokar's reign.

Besides, I didn't say that the town WAS incompetent, I said the only reason that system would fail is IF the town was incompetent. So if you feel you are indeed competent, there's nothing to lose with my system.

~W.E~
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

There is only one lizard for such a job .. all those who see the light know who.

F
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

And this light is green, summoning the shape of an F.

Brer Beothach the Godmen
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

Fooser for governor!!!

Unsigned
Joxia Doral

Bane

Post by Joxia Doral »

POST TORN DOWN
Last edited by Joxia Doral on Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Or committed a crime. I don't see why such a bad impression's given off, I can't remember a crime committed by a member of Caelum for 3 years.

And come on: "Considering people who are citizens of other places SUCH AS CAELUM that cause much of the trouble", it's pretty hard to say that was just an example.
Joxia Doral

Bane

Post by Joxia Doral »

My appologies to you William, I should not have used Caelum as my example. But that is all it was. It has been removed. For I think you make my case for me... Also when I said "cause trouble" I did not mean in the criminal sense...i meant with starting arguments and stirring up mistrust ...

Joxia
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

Dominic and William have broken laws in Troll's Bane in the last three years.

~Dain~Laiden~
Joxia Doral

Bane

Post by Joxia Doral »

I never said that they did. But have seen them stirring up a bit of trouble, but as with most trouble makers nothing was done ... but of course who can take on Will and Dom? especially together...?

Joxia :wink: :D
Last edited by Joxia Doral on Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

I see no records, and you're not really in a position to call other people criminals, Dain.

~W.E~
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

I am in more a position to call anyone a criminal than the governor. If you would like me to name a specific account I could William. Just think of your magical use. And frankly, you are a disturbance to the so-called "peace" of Bane. Further, do you remember our tree adventure? I could go on.

~Dain~Laiden~
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

Faladron wrote:The applications for citizenship from

Hogan Flexington
Toran Guld
Shessidyr
Krel'gladin Sinjorem
Reika
Chester Copperpot
Oliver Fox
Olive Feldarp
Dellakim Thornbrae

and myself,

Faladron Furnir,

have not been answered yet by the governor.
I wish to inquire as to why we have not received answer in any form yet.
Nearly a week has passed again leaving these questions unanswered.
Olive

Post by Olive »

my name shouldn't be on this list, i am already a citizen of trollsbane as per the conversation i had with jorokar several months ago. He just has not updated the list.

Olive
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

I would also like to apply for citizenship of Trollsbane.

~Faber Ironhammer,
Ambassador of Goldburg~
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Disturbance is a matter of opinion, and I stood and watched the tree endeavour. It's not a crime not to prevent a crime.

~W.E~
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

To Sir Jorokar Sladrir ,

I, Gothrig Gretgen, servant of the eloquent, ever so righteous, wise in all his words and clean master Cromwell, would like to bear the right of citizenship to the town, or should I say city, of Troll's Bane.

I would hope you'd take my request into swift consideration.

As the master pleases,

Gothrig Gretgen

Goblin runes have been added below the name, probably a goblin transcribing of Gothrig Gretgen.
Mairae Auvria

Post by Mairae Auvria »

A note is attached below all the others, some words are in elven but enough are in common to be understood.

Governor Jorokar,

I would ____ to ______ a citizen so _____ can join the guard.

Mairae Auvria
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

The following people have been added as citizens of Troll's Bane:
  • Olive
  • Shessidyr
  • Toran Guld
  • Hans Georg Hammerwerfer
  • Mairae Auvria
I do realize there have been other requests. However, those applications shall be postponed until the elections are over.

Sincerely,
~ Sir Jorokar
Joxia Doral

Bane

Post by Joxia Doral »

Excuse me for questioning your decisions but I dont see why all that were on Faladrons list including Faladron do not get citizenship. it seems the more the people who are able to vote the involvement we have in whats going on politically.

Joxia
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Dear Governor,

I must express my displeasure at your decision to accept some citizens whose 'requests' were after mine. This "Mairae Auvria" for example, is quite new to the Isle, and yet her 'later' request was accepted before mine!

The rationale you give may be sound, to keep elections fair, however it is precisely because of the new 'possibility' of elections that many have asked to be a part of them. The elections have not been started, nor candidates even nominated. Therefore, the election has yet to even begin.

All of the people that have applied are in some way, affected by the decisions of TrollsBane and it's continued peace and prosperity. We have friends, businesses, even families in and around TrollsBane. An election for Governor requires the participation of all who are interested in the future 'well-being' of TrollsBane.

Not to boast, but I myself have frequented Bane more often than any other settlement. Committing myself to 'improving' the old Arena not for vanity, but for a dream of a better TrollsBane. Now, many enjoy the Sieve and Glass Oven provided, as well as occasional performances. During the 'War' with Kallahorn, we provided Trollsbane with necessary arms and armors necessary for an effective defense. If these things were not given 'consideration' of intentions toward Trollsbane, then what hope for 'justice' have others who have applied for citizenship?

I fail to see the logic of some of the selections you have made for citizenship over others. I am disappointed. I did not expect to be 'ignored' as a 'second-rate' person in this fashion.

I hereby remove my request for citizenship, and shall hope that the 'next' government will value it's 'friends' more highly.

~Chester Copperpot
Chief of Goldburg
Steward of the "Axe of Irmorom"
Steward of "Ironsledge"
Page of Gobaith
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

I also remove my request for citizenship. Nice to know what a treaty means to the current governor of Trollsbane.

~Faber Ironhammer,
Ambassador of Goldburg~
Amadi Yusuf Randal

Post by Amadi Yusuf Randal »

It s a typical move from the "Knights of Gobiath".
You must understand, the knights want to run the city on their own.
One Knight is governor, one squire of them is guard captain.
Of course they wont make anyone citizen they dislike, or anyone not being a friend of the knighthood.
Everybody would understand if the governor would allow citizenship those who requested first. But no, he picks those he likes most and which are willing to vote for a knighthood member. Thats no fair behaviour.

~A.Y.R.