Announcement: A new era for Troll's Bane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Konrad Knox

Post by Konrad Knox »

Julius had his land. The Temple has their land. Troll's Bane has its land.
Julius defends his. The Temple defends theirs. I defend mine.
The deal was simple - let's coexist and not try to screw with each other, there is enough island for everyone, their beliefs, habits, rituals, whatever. The island is big.

But nooo, some moron decided that the island is not big enough for two Knighthoods, and that it would be a good idea to take over my city, even though i didn't do anything to him. Call me dishonorable, call me pathetic, but if someone is entering my hometown with intention to capture it, they can kiss my sword's end.

Sorry, it's plain and simple. I did not try to mess with anyone. But when people came to the gates with war in mind, I rose up and the militia rose with me. I fail to see what people don't understand here.

}~Konrad Knox ~>
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

I was going to try and avoid saying my word in this, though it seems people are still unclear about what actually happened. I'll let you all know from my prospective:

Julius started a war I knew nothing about for reasons relating to Jorokar trying to get rid of Kallahorn before Kallahorn ever was hostile to anyone. Proof cannot be given for what is said here about Jorokar.

I called for a hasty stop to this so-called war. Wolf had been taken as a prisoner of war. My only request was that he be freed. Instead of freeing him, like Jorokar said he would do, two people known to be affiliated with Jorokar walked up as Jorokar came out of a closed door with a blade in hand. We(Kallahorn) then attacked after numerous threats of attack from others on the side of Jorokar. The only ones that were attacked at this point were the ones who had spoke of striking first. We quickly fended off these men and freed wolf. We then left after I said all parties needed time alone to talk. My offer of peace was still extended to Jorokar at this time. Jorokar then re-declared this war on Kallahorn. Many members of this standing army attacked members of Kallahorn shortly after. Jorokar then said the war was only on myself and Julius. Shortly after he ended all attempts of a war.

Now, if you think Kallahorn had any intention of going to war with Bane, you are wrong. This was a decision made only by Julius. Kallahorn made all efforts to reverse the situation. You must also understand that war was declared after these alleged events of Jorokar trying to destroy Kallahorn happened.

Mind you, these are the events as seen by me. If you take them as truth, I do not care.

~Dain~Laiden~
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Hmm....

I was there too, and I saw things differently Dain.

It was Dominic who drew weapons first, then you as Jorokar said that Wolf was a criminal and would not be freed. You and Julius basically threatened Jorokar with Death if he didn't release Wolf, and it was insinuated that Jorokar had no other choice.

As Jorokar entered the prison, you and your cohorts eagerly stood outside, playing with blades and giving each other grins and signs. You were waiting for Jorokar to come out. I even had to push you away from the door so Jorokar could come out, and that is when he said he would not release him. At that point, the three of you attacked him, and I had to step in to help to no avail. As I remember, there was no other threats to you three as you easily overpowered both Jorokar and me.

Where was the 'offer' of peace you speak of? At the point of a sword?

Nay, I think that was your plan all along. For why else would you speak to Jorokar in a private place, away from anyone who could help him, surround him with three of your best fighters, and a mage who could help you at the same time. It was an ambush, and I only wish I could have helped more than I did. Don't try to pretend it was anything else but a 'mockery' of a 'peace' meeting.

I for one, shall never trust a word you ever say again.

~Chester Copperpot
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

Chester, I'm not sure if you are lying or simply ill in the head. It doesn't matter much to me. It is true I told Jorokar the only way I was leaving was with Wolf. But, BEFORE you get there, we spoke of peace. I told him to release Wolf in order to have peace. I'd say freeing one man in order to stop a senseless war was worth enough.

~Dain~Laiden~
Kamilar

Post by Kamilar »

Konrad Knox wrote:Sorry, it's plain and simple. I did not try to mess with anyone. But when people came to the gates with war in mind, I rose up and the militia rose with me. I fail to see what people don't understand here.

}~Konrad Knox ~>
It's amazing how you can read what is in the minds of others. Perhaps this talent of yours is what caused much of the misunderstanding.

You read the mind of the governor when you "acted on your orders." You read the minds of unarmed citizens, not bothering to look at them before attacking them.

I wonder what people can be complaining about?

Starling
Konrad Knox

Post by Konrad Knox »

Which unarmed citizen did I strike? I put Julius to a cloud, but he was armed to his teeth with some impressive weaponry.

I lean to accept Dain's point of view, however, at least partially, which is why the militia no longer participates in Jorokar's personal conflict against Julius.

The reason I treated Kallahorn as enemies is simple - Julius apparently, without asking anyone - posted a big shiny poster saying the entire Kallahorn is at war with Troll's Bane. I in fact cannot read minds, so i had no way to know that he did not mean all Kallahorn when he wrote "Kallahorn". The fact that he did not inform you about it, and pretty much set you up for slaughter - is between you and him.

Since there is a lot of clarification now that only Julius wanted war, militia withdrew, and I can't speak for anyone but myself, but when it comes to me - I have no personal problems with either Dominic, Seregon, Starling, or Dain. I don't hate people, I only strike attackers.
If you guys did not want a war, it's fortunate that you quit Kallahorn and stopped Julius in time and made him withdraw.

The reason I did not want any Kallahorn members in town during a war is simple - enemy often pretends to be peaceful just to be able to use our depot, get all the necessary supplies, then go back to Kallahorn, organize an attack and strike the very city where they resupplied.
By tradition of war, the waring guild is not allowed to use depots of the city they're at war with, that's why I attacked Julius in the shop. That's why I attacked Starling, when she tried blocking me in the doorway with her more than average size body I clearly could not get through past, and that's why I attacked Dain when he stepped forward to defend Julius.

What makes me happy, however, is that you clarified that you were not with Julius, and, unless you choose to drag this on and on, we can call this over. This "war" cost me nearly an entire set of armor, and I don't want to keep wasting more for nothing.

If Jorokar has a problem with Julius, it is now his own problem.
Kamilar

Post by Kamilar »

Is that right Konrad? It was about protecting the depots in Bane? Why did you attack me at the lighthouse then? And why did you order Drethek to attack me at the lighthouse? How does that figure into protecting Bane?

Starling
Konrad Knox

Post by Konrad Knox »

You know the answer to that. If not, I'll explain it to you when we next meet.
Kamilar

Post by Kamilar »

*pauses, glancing over the latest posts and noting the lack of signature on one with a smirk, then turns away with her usual chuckle* "Too easy."
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

Trying to burn down the Kallahorn keep is protecting depots? Since when?

~unsigned~
nmaguire

Post by nmaguire »

Wow Chester, more selective truths again. I drew blades after your cowardly attack on Julius's back with daggers. You deserved what you got.

~Dominic
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

Are you children all done arguing yet?

Dan

((Someone lock this topic. It has gone on long enough and should die.))
Kamilar

Post by Kamilar »

*pauses once more, looking over the posts with a smug air then mutters to herself with a chuckle* So long as you have the last word, hun.