Latest News / Letzte Neuigkeiten: OOC

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Estralis Seborian

Latest News / Letzte Neuigkeiten: OOC

Post by Estralis Seborian »

For all those who didn't read the latest news:

Reduce OOC to a bare minimum. OOC is greatly undesired, in special when complaining about ingame events or somebody's roleplay!

A simple OOC-statement can spoil the fun of serveral players. Even if you think you are right (e.g. when it comes to possible rule violations) think first if you can play along or if that is not the case, !gm a GM.

The OOC rule will be enforced much more strictly.

---

Für alle, die den letzten Newsletter überlesen haben:

OOC ist auf ein absolutes Minimum zu beschränken. OOC ist äußerst unerwünscht, vor allem, wenn es sich um Rumgemecker an Ingameereignissen oder an dem Rollenspiel anderer handelt.

Ein einfaches OOC-Statement kann den Spielspaß von Vielen verderben. Auch wenn du denkst, im Recht zu sein (z.B. bei möglichen Regelverstößen), ziehe zunächst in Erwägung, ob du nicht einfach kooperativ mitspielen kannst und erst, wenn dem nicht der Fall ist, !gm einen GM.

Die OOC-Regel wird nun deutlich strenger angewandt.
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

Thank you.
Keunthus

Post by Keunthus »

Even whispering OOC should be cut to a minimum? I can see why people shouldn't complain about other people's roleplaying, but just some friendly OOC-whispering isn't that bad, is it?
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

I think that will be allowed, but I guess itsmore or less pointed at "((your rp sucks))" sentences, even thougth sometimes I want to send an ooc nudge to a few players that they please react on someone instead of totally ignoring any given #me..
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

those ooc nudges you do to people are annoying and they destroy my rp enviroment. :cry:
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

You mean like standing in the shop, hacking on each other without any rp and turning on your heels like you are drunk...yeah I'm terrible sorry to disturb that kind of wonderful godlike rp...
Julius

Post by Julius »

OMG Estralis rule break! Look at that, she's flaming.
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

Sigh. Read the top post Pell.
Estralis Seborian

Even whispering OOC should be cut to a minimum?
Yes. Nobody minds you e.g. arranging a appointment for a quest. But any discussion about others RP is unwanted.

There is nothing more to add. Please limit your replies to serious questions or useful contributions. Resistance is futile :P.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Someone (---): ((I tend to love the MSN ooc))
Someone (---) sends out 500 doves to random members of Kallahorn.

A lot of people seem to like OOC complaining IG (when they aren't even right about their assumptions) ... I wonder who that ^ was
Julius

Post by Julius »

I think you are looking for.. Jorokar or Dantagon?

*takes a wild stab in the dark*
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

*self edited to prevent flaming*
I have a question about something. What if, say, some one is constantly mispelling a word, because it isn't their native language? Can we correct them oocly?
If some one happens to log out/crash/ect. in the middle of an event, or rp, and the rp continues with out them, is it ok to fill them in on what happened oocly?
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Yes..
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

I believe the gms attempted this almost a year ago. I give it about 2 months before they give up again.
pharse

Post by pharse »

I hope they give up their lenient manner.
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

Pellandria wrote:You mean like standing in the shop, hacking on each other without any rp and turning on your heels like you are drunk...yeah I'm terrible sorry to disturb that kind of wonderful godlike rp...
Julius can roleplay very well in english and heck if he took the time to bother learning german he'd do that in german aswell.

Make a new character, approach Julius Rothman and behold that he can roleplay better than the average player around here, or proove me wrong with the same experiment but don't throw mud at people that you had to suck out of your fingers first, thank you.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Faladron wrote:
Pellandria wrote:You mean like standing in the shop, hacking on each other without any rp and turning on your heels like you are drunk...yeah I'm terrible sorry to disturb that kind of wonderful godlike rp...
Julius can roleplay very well in english and heck if he took the time to bother learning german he'd do that in german aswell.

Make a new character, approach Julius Rothman and behold that he can roleplay better than the average player around here, or proove me wrong with the same experiment but don't throw mud at people that you had to suck out of your fingers first, thank you.
I never realized how many players around here are brain dead, then Faladron always comes in to remind me.
Estralis Seborian

Cease it.
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

Vielleicht wär es endlich mal angebracht ein paar... sagen wir mal... Sanktionen zu verteilen.

Langsam wirds mir unheimlich, wieviel Beleidigungen andere eigentlich gegen mich (den Spieler wohlgemerkt) schleudern können ohne dass es irgendeine Konsequenz für diese geben würde.

Ich verurteile die hier gängige Praxis "Ach wenn ich nichtmehr argumentieren kann sag ich halt mal dass der Spieler dumm ist und keinen Plan von garnichts hat" und wüsste gerne mal, ob ich mich persönlich melden soll, und mit Zitaten diese ganzen Geschichten eigenhändig den GM's anzeigen soll obwohl hier sowieso alles mitgelesen wird (Eine Pm zur Aufklärung zu dem Thema wäre nicht schlecht).

Ein leicht entnervter Spieler.

-----

I protest against personal insults against players.

And Fooser:

I have a case of near braindead in my circle of aquitances in real life and ... all I can realy do is shake my head at you for throwing terms like that around carelessly like you did, not able to realize what you might invoke in people that have to do with stuff like that.

I am insulted and offended, I won't say more about that, but that was a low shot.
Sundo Raca

Post by Sundo Raca »

What if the ooc concerned is between two players (with noone else around) who are both fine with it etc?
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Sundo Raca wrote:What if the ooc concerned is between two players (with noone else around) who are both fine with it etc?
Then they should consider to logout and use MSN, ICQ, AIM, YIM, E-Mails, letters or anything similar.
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

I am insulted and offended, I won't say more about that, but that was a low shot.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Cliu Beothach wrote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
A lot of insulting has gone on, and I notice Faladron was absent from speaking out against that. Particularly against people he doesn't like, oh well.
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

Stop being a fuckhead and take note that I realy took it personal.
Lance Thunnigan

Post by Lance Thunnigan »

Faladron wrote:Stop being a fuckhead and take note that I realy took it personal.
*Spreads some l0v on Fally*
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

Faladron wrote:Stop being a fuckhead and take note that I realy took it personal.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Rosendil

Post by Rosendil »

After reading the (german only) newsletter on the homepage:

This is only about "bad" ooc comments. Friendly, whispered ooc is not involved in this rule. (My interpretation. "Bad" and "friendly" ooc is clearly distinguished in the newsletter)

@Faladron: Please don't play the innocent here. I've also seen some in my optinion unneeded ooc comments from you IG.

PO Rosendil
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

Waaaahgaafwada!

*runs around on fire screaming*

P.S. Lock Please.
Lance Thunnigan

Post by Lance Thunnigan »

Nalzaxx wrote:Waaaahgaafwada!

*runs around on fire screaming*

P.S. Lock Please.
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

Rosendil, dann bitte ich dich zu lesen worum es hier wirklich ging.

Pellandria unterstellte einem Spieler von dem ich weiß dass er besser rp't als der Durchschnitt hier, er könnt es nicht.

Ich hab ihr dann geraten sie soll einen neuen Charakter machen und versuchen mit dem Spieler zu rp'n um *so* zu beweisen ob ers wirklich nicht kann oder vielleicht eine Überraschung zu erleben.

Für diesen Kommentar fing ich mir dann weiter unten von Fooser die Bemerkung ich wäre wohl "hirntot" ein. Wohlgemerkt ich, der Spieler.

In meinem näheren, nahesten Bekanntenkreis in RL gibt es einen Fall von Wachkoma / Schädigungen am Gehirn, und manchmal reißen so daher gesagte Worte Wunden auf, so geschehen bei mir nach dieser Wortspende von Fooser.

Dass ich mich angegriffen gefühlt habe hatte danach nichts mehr mit dem Beitrag zu tun (weil das eine Reaktion auf die Beleidigung von Fooser war), und ich stell nochmal klar dass mir das empfindlich zu weit ging, und mich wirklich getroffen hat.

Ich hoffe du hast es zuerst falsch gelesen, und meine weiteren Kommentare eben noch dem Thema zugeordnet, und mir deswegen diesen einzeiligen Satz in deinem Beitrag zugedacht, und ich hab jetzt klargestellt, worum es mir da eigentlich wirklich ging.

Lg, Spieler von Faladron,
manchmal auch ein Mensch mit Gefühlen