Customize/Organize

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

HolyKnight

Customize/Organize

Post by HolyKnight »

My proposal is aim at the customization and organization of certain items. IG we have leather bags that can be named with 10 letters my proposal is aimed at furthering that scripting to other items as well. First what about making Keys nameable for better organization, I know you can ask the builder to name the keys but it could be quite convenient if our character could as well.

The second proposal is for a customization option ig on crafted goods. I would suggest that these commands be permanent so no one could over write the encryption. This way if a smith makes a sword or armor he/she can put his/her signature on the item showing that he/she crafted it. Also items like rings could have encryptions for loved ones like wedding bands etc. Or if a guild wants to give honorary items to its members they can do so.

A potential problem with the second proposal might arise with server crashes and what not an items name can be erased or changed (this has happened with my bags before) so the permanent engraving that can only be done once might be an issue.

Overall, I just feel if these ideas were implemented ig it would help with organization as well as giving players a sense of legacy, that their items would circulate ig with their name on it.
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

With the current way things are, it's not possible.

Each item has a "data" value. For bags, it is used to store the name. For keys, the data is used to show which door it unlocks, in some other items, its used to make a "special" kind of that item. So it cannot be used to store a name or description.
Aldan Vian

Realize

Post by Aldan Vian »

I realize that this is currantly imposible but if it ever becomes possible I would like to see it happen. I once played a smith and wished people realized that I had made the item so I would get credit for it.
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

Well technically you can now ;) just have to pay 10 silvers for every unique item and 5 for any identical item
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

HolyKnight wrote:Well technically you can now ;) just have to pay 10 silvers for every unique item and 5 for any identical item
Because unique truly means unique. Every item manufactured like that is as unique as a new NPC introduced to the game, and has to be uploaded to the server manually.

That's something a Dev can and should be able to do (hence why pharse offers this service), but not every crafter there is in-game should be enabled to do.

So technically it's impossible for a "normal" player.