Boughs and Branches

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Ambrosine

Boughs and Branches

Post by Ambrosine »

Could it be possible to make branches and boughs harvestable by saws or knives or sickles or something? I know you get them by cutting down trees, but wouldn't it make sense that you could just reach up in a tree and cut what you need down according to what type of tree it is and your lumberjack skill? Then carpenters wouldn't have to carry all that wood away when all they want is branches. ^_^ May even curb some of those pyro tendencies... ^_^
nmaguire

Post by nmaguire »

The old system was like that, you could cut branches from cherry trees, and if you cut too many the tree died. I'm not really sure why it got changed.
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

Because the "And now the tree dies..." result was figured out randomly.

So a tree could die after 20 branches or die right after cutting the first branch (which is a tad too extreme).
Ambrosine

Post by Ambrosine »

So... why not just give certain types of trees a certain amount of branches according to season? Like with fruits?
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

For fruits we have 2 different items. One plant with fruits, one without. Thats the difference.

We have no tree without branches.

Nitram
ogerawa

Post by ogerawa »

Faladron wrote:Because the "And now the tree dies..." result was figured out randomly.

So a tree could die after 20 branches or die right after cutting the first branch (which is a tad too extreme).
I think the old ways was dependent on who is the first char who cut the branch. So if the first char has high carpentry skill, there will be lots of branches on the tree. But then... it doesn't really matter anymore tho... ^^
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

What is the point of this when we have a way to get them now anyways? I mean, why can't I use a dagger instead of carving tools? Because we have carving tools!
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

but you can't cut them with carving tools.
you can only win boughs and twigs as byproduct, when you are felling trees.
so if you need much of them, you end up with a depot full of logs.
Elsi

Post by Elsi »

So drop the logs on the ground before you take them back to your depot.
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

elsi,

well, i am so oldfashioned, that even in a game i tend not to waste anything. not even pixelwood.

but... forgeddit!
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

And the relation of branches to logs is not really that great. You get a lot of logs but only few branches, while especially branches are widely needed for handles and scrolls.
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

Adano Eles wrote:And the relation of branches to logs is not really that great. You get a lot of logs but only few branches, while especially branches are widely needed for handles and scrolls.
+++