The magic academy of Gobaith~Die Magische Akademie Gobaiths

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Brian

Mage student

Post by Brian »

I am sorry, truly sorry to be so impatient but I am wondering if any teacher has any space for a new student.
I am Arricus and posted my application a few days ago. I hope to be accepted into the Academy as soon as possible.
Sorry again.

Sincerely Arricus.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

A few days?
Not even one dwarfen day is gone into the land.

~Pellandria~
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

Pellandria and Arricus,

Actually, I think you confuse Mister Arricus with Mister Caldean. An easy mistake that I almost made with their distracting underlining. Mister Arricus has in fact waited four dwarven days. However, I think I need to put some things into perspective applicants because you all do not seem to know the words dedication and patience.

-There are currently 27 applicants on the updated aspirant list on our internal boards.
- 21 of those students are ahead of you in line Mister Arricus.
-There are currently 8 teachers that can teach runes. Two of those teachers I have never seen take a student.
-All teachers have the maximum of 3 students at the moment.
-Each student has to have perfect Ancient before being taught their first two runes
-It takes 8 dwarven weeks after receiving your first set of runes to obtain the required 18 runes to be eligible to take your test to be a full-fledged Mage.
-In one more dwarven week you can be eligible for the teaching exam with 20 runes
-Then it takes an additional 4 dwarven weeks to receive all 28 runes.

You can do the math and see that the path to magic is not obtained in 4 dwarven days. Sure out of those 27 students in front of you most will fall away and leave this island, in fact, most probably have. So I ask you to think carefully about writing the words dedication on your parchment and not aggravate the teachers whom might select you one day. Let it also be known that face value accounts more then words to teachers. We hear the words dedication and desire all the time, but I can assure you we rarely see it. Good day Mister Arricus.

Zhambra's Righteousness Prevail,
High Councilor Eli Tavinus
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

"Each student has to have perfect Ancient". This is not written anywhere in the teaching rules, or on the teachers' board, nor has it been in effect in previous academies. In fact, I myself had 2 runes with no ancient whatsoever for a long time (although I was made to perfect my ancient before learning MES), and Pellandria had no ancient for a very long period, she was probably using level 2 or 3 runes before she knew ancient so I don't see why this has been written.

It doesn't take an additional 4 dwarven weeks because FHAN and LEV are widely untaught since LEV no longer has a use and FHAN never had one. I myself am still with only 26 runes after being a teacher for probably nearly a dwarven year.

Also people may take students that have not applied on the board here and they have met in person and deem a worthier use of their teaching.

~W.E~
Brian

Post by Brian »

Im sorry but what's Ancient?
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

*a short note is posted all the gate of the Academy. It is blotched with tears and written in scratchy handwriting.*

My Beautiful Academy,

I Eli Travinus shall retire.

Eli Travinus
Gregor Antus

Post by Gregor Antus »

Name: Slazf Kruvkva

Race: Lizardman

Age: 517, and a powerfull caster in my guild -Arelas by name- tells me that one is never too old to start.

Mage/Battlemage: Warlock, as I have been told it would suit me best in my role as a mercenary.

New language ((english))

Personal notes:

Salutations yet again,

I previously put up a request, but am tearing it down, and replacing it with this one. I have searched before for a mentor, always being turned away for being a lizard, or for being of venerable age. The truth is, I can easily see myself living centuries longer, and am still able to handle heavy physical and mental engagement; and I am a lizard who is well known to have pulled away from the ignorant moral standings of my kin, embracing diversity, even beeing deemed a heretic by some. Some of you may know me as the leader of the Grovestriders mercenary band; a group of men and women who offer their services as sellswords for fair pricing. My guild mage, the powerful Arelas, has reccomended that I post my request to learn the arcane arts on your board; since Arelas does not take students. I hear that the role of a warlock would be most appropriate for me. I wish to learn of studying and delving into the wonders of magic, as well as bolstering my forces with magical abilities to support a fairly sufficient prowess in physical combat. I understand the work involved in obtaining even a slight understanding of magic; but I have known hard mental and physical labour all my life, and am more than willing to do the bidding of whoever may train me.

I patiently but eagerly await a reply, hopefully one of positive nature. Untill then, farewell.

Slazf Kruvkva,
Leader and friend of the Grovestrider mercenaries,
and any other organization of goodly or neutral alignment

((I would love to meet anyone capable of teaching me as a warlock IG, since I would more enjoy RP'ing my way into gaining a mentor; rather than posting on the board. I am sure though that you all have busy schedules, and dont mind if you interview me via dove))
Last edited by Gregor Antus on Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:14 am, edited 4 times in total.
Shaadow

Post by Shaadow »

Name: Visera Aldo

Race: human

Mage/battlemage: Mage

Personal Remarks:
I dedicate my life to the study of magic.
Aranel

Antrag auf Studium der Magie

Post by Aranel »

Name: Elbereth Gilraen
Rasse: Elbe
Magier/Kampfmagier: Magier
Alte Sprache/Neue Sprache: Alte Sprache (neue Sprache auch möglich)
Persönliche Anmerkungen:
Es wäre mir eine große Ehre bei einem der großen Lehrmeister die Kunst der Magie zu erlernen. Ich fühle mich dazu bestimmt mit Hilfe der Magie alle Wesen und die Natur vor allem Bösen zu schützen. Ich hoffe dass ich Euren Anforderungen gerecht werde. Solltet Ihr mich in Magie unterrichten so verspreche ich Euch, Euch nicht zu enttäuschen.
Nike

Post by Nike »

Name: Nike Richmen
-
Race: Human
-
-
-
Mage/Battlemage: Battlemage
-

Old language ((german)) / New language ((english))
- New lanuage

Personal remarks:
- I will train hard to learn
xBaurusx

Post by xBaurusx »

The writing below is scribbled on, it is messy yet still legible.

My name is Glogger Nitt!

I am of Goblin descents, Not orc.

I am about 22 years old as a goblin.

I am hoping to learn the ways of the Mage.

I speak only the language that is new.

Finally, i would like to say do not discount me for being just a Goblin. Glogger is not hostile and not stupids. Glogger does want to learn and will put his entire effort and heart into it! I am willing to be an apprentice until a new spot is open, during my apprentice-ness i hope to study many many books and get a large learn on Ancient!

--Glogger Nitt--
Pranck

Post by Pranck »

Name: Zandalor

Rasse: Mensch

Magier/Kampfmagier: Kampfmagier

Alte Sprache/Neue Sprache: Alte Sprache

Persönliche Anmerkungen:

Ich möchte arkanes Wissen erlernen, da man meiner Meinung nach nicht auslernen kann. Jedes Wissen ist gut, doch bemerkte ich auf meiner suche nach guten Lehrern, das ich es am besten bei euch erlernen würde.
Doch nicht nur Theorie möchte ich lernen, sondern auch die Praxis.
Am besten, alles was ihr mir an Wissen anbietet, kann ich verwerten.
Ambrosine

Post by Ambrosine »

HolyKnight wrote:To All Applicants:

For all those that have posted prior to the 6th page requesting a teacher I ask that you will send me a dove of your post if you are still pursuing the Arcane. It might sound harsh but all the senseless postings, like this one, have covered up some of the applicants so much that I dont feel like wasting an entire three days sorting it. These are the following pages that will not be included on our internal boards unless you send me a dove with a copy of your post.

Page One
Page Two
Page Three
Page Four
Page Five

If you find your application within these five pages please send me a dove with an "exact" copy. Then I will add you to our internal boards according.

Zhambra with you all,
Eli Travinus
((Post is out of character:
I just got back from a long absence and was looking over some of what I missed from the boards.
Since Eli retired who are we supposed to send our applications to?
And it's a bit selfish of me but I also ask: If I send in the applications for my characters now do they get put at the bottom of the list? ))
Rekarafi

Post by Rekarafi »

Seid gegrüsst, mein Name ist Qiro Hanos
Ich würde mich gerne bei der Akademie bewerben, um die Künste der Magie zu erlernen
Wie ich las ist es erforderlich, einen Steckbrieb auszufüllen, er wird angeheftet

*Ein weiterere Zettel ist darunter gehangen worden*

Name: Qiro Hanos
-
Rasse: Mensch
-
-
Alter: ((wird ergänzt, doch momentan konne ich aufgrund von Serverproblenmen nicht in die Accountverwaltung rein))
-
Magier
-

Alte Sprache ((deutsch))-

Persönliche Anmerkungen: Ich weiss nicht, an welchen Lehrer ich mich wenden soll,da ich noch neu bin und mir die meisten Namen nicht vertraut sind. Ich hoffe inständig, ich werde dennoch aufgenommen.
Tests oder sonstigen Prüfungen meines Könnens stehe ich gern zur Verfügung
Last edited by Rekarafi on Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grugnak Meglos

Post by Grugnak Meglos »

Gimme majik!

Name:
Nubtell. Whubeva Nubtell.

Race:
Mighty orci

Mage/Battlemage:
Shaman majik

Old language ((german)) / New language ((english))
Mighty orc speak?!

Personal remarks:
Gimme majik. Mes want dance around like mighty shaman and burn stuff. Burn stumpies and toss fire dingies at dem. Mes pay lotsa shinies and gib lotsa loot op stoopid oomies fer majik. Nub want read stoopid books.
NightHawk

application

Post by NightHawk »

name: Ghendole Alnkar
-
race: human
-
-
mage/battlemage:mage
-
old language/new language:new language
-
personal remarks:i will devote myself to the teachings of magic,i will also accept any available teacher.
-
~Ghendole~
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Post by Avalyon el'Hattarr »

Your position is not to accept, but to be accepted. If that was arrogance, your place is not here with the students, but in the field with the farmers, Ghendole Alnkar.

As for you, beast, do not even dare to ask for the arcane teachings. Your kin was created for the perverse amusement of the gods, certanly not to whield their power. Run along and pick your nose with an axe, I am sure you'll be better at this than magic.

Of course,
---respectfuly,
-----Mage Avalyon el'Hattarr
NightHawk

Post by NightHawk »

i meant to say be accepted..
Rekarafi

Post by Rekarafi »

((Wie versprochen wird hier mein im oberen Post nicht erwähntes Alter ergänzt))

*Ein kleiner Zettel hängt unter dem ersten von Qiro Hanos*

Ich bin 25 Jahre alt.
Youchimitchu

I have an aplication

Post by Youchimitchu »

Name: Luc De'Paul

Race: Human

Mage/battlemage: mage

new: English

remarks: I have been looking forever to find a teacher I hope to find on here. I will accept the rules and attempt my best to learn all I can.
I am young but! I am not ignorant either if I fell I am not ready for something I will say so. I do beg the Academy to overlook my younger age.
Last edited by Youchimitchu on Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:25 am, edited 4 times in total.
Saril

Post by Saril »

A battlemage used magic and worrior-weapons. A mage used in the main magic.

best regards
HeXiS

Post by HeXiS »

Name: Ryoukami ((Not birth name doesn't know his birth name. The name was given by humans' rumors as to his possible origins.))

Race: Elf

Age: 100 ((Couldn't make him any younger the age is merely his appearance. For more info please send message.))

Mage/battlemage: Mage

New: English

Remarks: I seek to learn from Lord Avalyon... If he wishes me to start off with another instructor I will do so... I have no other interests... I shall wait as long as it takes for a reply ((not like i have an option ))
Tamada

Post by Tamada »

Name:
-Pucki Verzo
Rasse:
-Elf
Magier/Kampfmagier:
-Magier
Alte Sprache ((deutsch)) / Neue Sprache ((englisch))
-Alte Sprache, kann sich jedoch auch mit der neuen Sprache verständigen.
Persönliche Anmerkungen:
- Pucki möchte anderen durch Magie helfen. Sich aber genauso mit Magie verteidigen können.
Avalyon el'Hattarr

(( All should know that making a secondary char as a mage and playing him just to get runes, will never get you to be a mage. The point of the whole "teaching system" is for you to learn how to play your char, even without powers. Many of the current mages have played a very long time without having a single rune. So, if your char is inactive and just randomly pops when there are runes to be given, don't expect to play a mage soon. Be active and roleplay or be gone and make a fighter ))
Kaila Galathil Travinus

Post by Kaila Galathil Travinus »

Avalyon el'Hattarr wrote:(( All should know that making a secondary char as a mage and playing him just to get runes, will never get you to be a mage. The point of the whole "teaching system" is for you to learn how to play your char, even without powers. Many of the current mages have played a very long time without having a single rune. So, if your char is inactive and just randomly pops when there are runes to be given, don't expect to play a mage soon. Be active and roleplay or be gone and make a fighter ))
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

Kaila Galathil Travinus wrote:
Avalyon el'Hattarr wrote:(( All should know that making a secondary char as a mage and playing him just to get runes, will never get you to be a mage. The point of the whole "teaching system" is for you to learn how to play your char, even without powers. Many of the current mages have played a very long time without having a single rune. So, if your char is inactive and just randomly pops when there are runes to be given, don't expect to play a mage soon. Be active and roleplay or be gone and make a fighter? ))
Tamada

Post by Tamada »

Kevin Lightdot wrote:
Kaila Galathil Travinus wrote:
Avalyon el'Hattarr wrote:(( All should know that making a secondary char as a mage and playing him just to get runes, will never get you to be a mage. The point of the whole "teaching system" is for you to learn how to play your char, even without powers. Many of the current mages have played a very long time without having a single rune. So, if your char is inactive and just randomly pops when there are runes to be given, don't expect to play a mage soon. Be active and roleplay or be gone and make a fighter? ))
stupid?
I made a new Char, because my first was only a Char to try the game. Now I have to hear, that I'm unenabled. Just because I've got a new Char?! what the hell?! It's not forbidden to have just one, so please be a little bit more friendly! The two quotes from Kaila and Kevin were unnecessary and childish.

Do you think your better and loftier than other persons?
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

((Don't worry, there are more than one options and organisations/guilds to became a mage. :wink:
Greetings
))
Avalyon el'Hattarr

(( First of all, welcome to the game.. second, you must know that this is an In Character board so the Out Of Character discussions must be kept at minimum and used brackets for them " (( )) "
Now for what I said, you should try reading it again before posting angrily. A secondary char is not the second char that you've made, it's a char that you seldom play because you have a primary that you play the most. You could of sent either of us a private message and ask, before posting that. Do that in the future, please. Enjoy the game ))
Alytys Lamar

Post by Alytys Lamar »

An den Schüler der Magischen Akademie der Varshikar als *Übungsplatz* benützt.

Wir wissen wer ihr seid und sollte die Militia oder ein Varshikari Euch erwischen wie ihr wieder mit Feuerzaubern unsere Schweine tötet werdet ihr gebannt.

gezeichnet

Lady Aleytys Lamar
Militia Varshikar