Goldburg

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Goldburg

Goldburg

Post by Goldburg »

(( OOC Note:
This Topic is about proclamations of 'Goldburg'.
This Topic is entirly IC.
Before you post anything here, please consider the option to send me a PM. Please do not spam this topic.
Thanks for respecting these Points. ))

• ~View from Zzyathis~
              • Goldburg
Goldburg is a clan of new language speaking Dwarves, with intimate ties to the mother country, the Kingdom of Silverbrand. The group is operated like a dwarven clan, with one Clan-Chief. There is Fealty required to the King & Queen of Silverbrand, and as brother dwarves, respect of Silverbrand and its laws is expected.

Goldburg is a Guild on the outskirts of Silverbrand, just like the Theater is on the outskirts of Trollsbane. All Laws of Silverbrand apply.

Our Goal is to provide a home for new language dwarves as well as create a Merchant/Trading village in the surface, just like the dwarven villages in the days of old, before the Orcs drove the Dwarves underground.

.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-

Citizens

Chief - Chester Copperpot((Juniper Onyx))

Hrar Godcairn
Doric Stonehammer
Barcus Brightbeard
Relgin Thunderhammer
Rogan Thargrin
Zimri Silverchest

.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-

Library Books - to be bound and on the shelves
History of Goldburg ((Page 6))
Inspirations ((TBA))
Last edited by Goldburg on Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:59 pm, edited 124 times in total.
Goldburg

Post by Goldburg »

Royal Association of the Guardian Elite (RAGE)

This will be an elite unit of paid warriors dedicated to defending Silverbrand and her Allies from the Evils of the World. Training and fighting together is mandatory. Let us follow in comradship, company and good cheer!

Captain,
Chester Copperpot

Commanders,
Hrar Godcairn

Sergeants,
Rogan Thargrim

Grenadiers (Molotov Throwers),
Zimri Silverchest
Last edited by Goldburg on Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:04 pm, edited 20 times in total.
Goldburg

Post by Goldburg »

Borders

The Village of Goldberg is granted a small part of the Kingdom of Silverbrand, but also claims the western half of the Eastern woods, and meadows south of the desert and north of the swamp in order to build and collect materials.
Last edited by Goldburg on Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
Goldburg

Post by Goldburg »

((Placemarker))
Last edited by Goldburg on Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:54 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Goldburg

Post by Goldburg »

((Placemarker))
Last edited by Goldburg on Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

I, Faber Ironhammer wish to apply to be the Appraiser of the village.

~Faber Ironhammer~
Goldburg

Post by Goldburg »

Welcome two new citizens to our Village:
Thudgeroon Stoutdark
Enlund

I also wish to announce that Faber has been appointed as Appraiser, and shall be entrusted with our fledgeling treasury as we begin to build a village for new language dwarves.

Our treasury currently is:
35 silvers
75 Gold Ingots
1 Diamond

We will have our first meeting soon to show you all the area being built, where we may farm, fish and mine.

In service,
~Chester Copperpot
Goldburg

Post by Goldburg »

For reasons of State, I have decided to create an 'Associate-Citizen" status. This is for special service to the Village. They recieve all benefits except access to the mines, as our treaty with Silverbrand forbids access by non-dwarves. Appointed only by the Chief, this status will not be granted lightly, I assure you.

I have honored the Orc 'Rogruk' with this status because he was one of the first to support our cause before we even had enough dwarves to start it. This shows a consideration for our cause, friendliness toward dwarves as well as mutual need. I am sure Rogruk will be a fine addition to the village.

I have updated the Law and the list.

In Service,
~Chester Copperpot
Goldburg

Post by Goldburg »

A map has been made by a dwarven cartographer showing the general borders of current nations. The Village of Goldberg is the light colored rectangle between Silverbrand and Zzyathis. It's not a lot, but we don't need much. In one dwarven week, we shall gather and tour the area in detail. ((Saturday 8pm GMT/2pm CST)).

Nothing has been built yet, but the builder has been contacted and construction begins soon.

In service,
~Chester Copperpot
Goldburg

Post by Goldburg »

I have updated the Treasury and put it on the main page.

I'd like to welcome Surian Silverbeard as a dual-citizen. He speaks both old and new languages and is also a citizen of Silverbrand. He requested to also be a citizen here, and we welcome all our brothers and sisters!

I also had to eliminate the Patru clan from the list of citizens. Although they asked to be part of this early on, I have it from a higher authority that they have left the Isle.

Due to confusing reports of who is here and who has left, let's be safe and recruit as many of our brothers and sisters that we can. We have a mission to unite all new language dwarves together in comraderie and fellowship.

At our first meeting next week ((Saturday 8pm GMT/2pm CST)), everyone bring beer and mugs with them, and we shall bless the area with a beer garden. Drinking until the sun sets, sharing stories of women and battles, and planning the future.

In Service,
~Chester Copperpot
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

Would it be possible to have the Treasury transfered to me at the meeting?

~Faber Ironhammer,
Appraiser of Goldburg~
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Indeed Faber,

I had planned to do that as soon as I saw you, probably at the meeting.

~Chester
Goldburg

Post by Goldburg »

I have negotiated a Trade agreement with the Union of Archers for our goods. It is based on Barter, not coin, since we don't have much yet. They will place an order or we can and begin to trade.
If there's anything you need from them, post it here so we can gather an order, and pool our resources.

Trade Agreement

This agreement is made between the Union of Archers and the village of Goldburg.

Goldburg requires items of: Apple, Cherry, Conifer and Naldor Logs (Not Boards), Leather, Colored Cloth, Bushel of Wheat and Thread.

For each item, we could offer an Ore of copper, Iron or Coal.
5 Pebbels cost 1 items per set
1 Raw Stone cost 2 items each
Copper Ingots cost 2 items each
Iron Ingots cost 3 items each
Raw Gems cost 5 items each
Gold Ingots would require 10 items

For example, you want 20 Iron Ingots.
We trade you 20 Iron Ingots for (20x3) 60 leather.

If you wanted 20 copper Ingots, 5 Gold Ingots and 500 pebbles
We trade for (20x2) 40 Apple logs, (5x10) 20 Naldor Logs and (500/5) 100 Cherry Logs.

~Chester Copperpot, village of Goldburg
~Shingo, Union of Archers
Goldburg

Post by Goldburg »

Brothers and citizens,

Today was an excellent day! We sold 50 Iron Ingots, recieved an order for 400 Ores as well as promises for more. We also recieved and accepted a petition from Hrar Godcairn to become a dual-citizen. He is a citizen of Silverbrand as well and one of their guards. I think he will be an asset to us as well as strengthen ties to Silverbrand.

I also met and discussed plans with Lorian Macgintish, builder. He made keys for us, and the undergroud area donated by King Thorwald of Silverbrand is completed. This week when we meet ((Saturday 8pm GMT)), we shall meet at the 'Cow Seller' at Silverbrand to join him and dig our exit tunnel from the new area to the surface. I need as many able-bodied brothers to help as possible.

The cost of the 'tunnel' is 1000 Naldor logs, 20-30 Pickaxes and 50 Gold Ingots. We also owe him 20 silvers for the keys and the locks. Collect as much Naldor logs as you can before then. I will make the pickaxes, and we have the Ingots and the silvers.

I also discussed plans of a village with him. He suggested that because we are a new guild, and few of both members and money, that we concentrate on one building first, then see later about more. I suggested, maybe build a citadel over the exit ladder, and he liked the idea. I think a small keep 'Citadel' of 10x10 fields with maybe 2-3 levels would be sufficient for defense. If anyone has another idea, feel free to suggest it.

I have started collecting materials, and have 500 stone blocks already. If anyone has more, bring them too. Thank you all for helping!

In service,
~Chester Copperpot
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

I would like to make a quick update to the treasury.
35 Silvers
105 Gold Ingots
1 diamond
24 Raw Emeralds (Avalible upon request for citizens)
5 Raw Bluestones (Avalible upon request for citizens)
2 Raw Amethysts (Avalible upon request for citizens)
12 Copper Ingots
30 Iron Ore
100 Naldor logs
~Faber Ironhammer
Appraiser of Goldburg~
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

to the village of Goldburg,

be greeted, dwarves!

how much copper ore would you give me for 350 naldorlogs?

the raven is trained, to take an answer back.

signed
Hagen Delfson
Goldburg

Post by Goldburg »

Thank you Faber. I have added the update to the front board, as well as made a spot to donate weapons for citizens to use.

I also returned Hagen Delfson his Raven to arrange a trade, and we should get that wood the next dwarven day.

In service,
~Chester Copperpot
Hamlet of Greenbriar

Post by Hamlet of Greenbriar »

Greetings Village of Goldburg!

The Hamlet of Greenbriar wish you sucsess for your plans.

gez.
Amras Telemnar
~Mayor
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

I would like to request assistance moving about 125 logs of wood from Trollsbane to the build site. If this could be done about 1 hour before we build, it would be a great help.

~Faber Ironhammer,
Appraiser of Goldburg~
Goldburg

Post by Goldburg »

I will be bringing a cow for most of the materials. I will be leaving from Eliza's at TrollsBane ((7:30pm GMT)) and then to the cow rancher in Silverbrand. Then we will travel to the build site ((8pm GMT)).

If you need transport, meet me there at those times.

~Chester Copperpot
Goldburg

Post by Goldburg »

I have updated the treasury and separated 'materials for construction'. Thanks to Faber Ironhammer, who at the last minute, helped me with the last 250 Naldor logs needed so we would have all the materials in time. A funny thing happened on the way to the site, we met Hagen Delfson from the Nordmark, who traded 350 logs for 200 copper ore. Now we have more than we need and can begin thinking about future building. I also still have another 300 Naldor owed to me.

I do not know why the builder didn't show today, but let's hope he is neither sick nor in danger. If anyone knows of his whereabouts, please send a dove.

We will plan another meeting in one dwarven week at the same time ((Saturday 8pm GMT)) to gather, meet and plan our future building. We shall meet in the smithing hall this time. Those of you that do not have keys, see me when convenient.

In service,
~Chester Copperpot
Friedwulfa

Post by Friedwulfa »

Offizieller Brief unter den Toren Goldburgs mit Schwung durchgeschnippt

Ich warne Goldburg, unsere loyalen Freunde!

Dominic Fisher streicht in den Mienen herum und sein Getreuer "Fred" half ihm heute Da unten Stunk zu machen. Nebenbei konnten wir es mit knapper Not verhindern das Ihr in Brand gesteckt werdet.

Faber Ironhammer wurde bereits gewarnt.

Irmoroms Segen für euch,
Friedwulfa

((Bitte übersetzen))
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

Friedwulfa wrote:Offizieller Brief unter den Toren Goldburgs mit Schwung durchgeschnippt

Dominic Fisher streicht in den Mienen herum und sein Getreuer "Fred" half ihm heute Da unten Stunk zu machen. Nebenbei konnten wir es mit knapper Not verhindern das Ihr in Brand gesteckt werdet.

Irmoroms Segen für euch,
Friedwulfa

((Bitte übersetzen))
I'm curious to know what this means as it somehow involves myself.

~Faber Ironhammer,
Appraiser of Goldburg~
Goldburg

Post by Goldburg »

Friedwulfa wrote:Offizieller Brief unter den Toren Goldburgs mit Schwung durchgeschnippt

Irmoroms Segen für euch,
Friedwulfa
((Bitte übersetzen))
General Friedwulfa is warning Goldburg that 'Dominic Fisher' and a loyal guide named 'Fred' strayed into the mines today trying to start fires. At that time, they were not able to stop anything from being set on fire.

She says that she already warned Faber about this.

Official Proclamation #1:
By Order of the Chief,

Anyone in the mines should look out for bandits like this, and warn both Silverbrand and ourselves of trouble, so we can help each other. Unfortunately, when projects like this get started, there are always those who want to start trouble, sometimes as a test, sometimes because they are bored, and sometimes for no reason at all.

I want to encourage all our citizens, no matter the occupation to take one dwarven day out of the week, and practice Axemanship, Sling or even Wrestling. It seems trouble always finds you unprepared. We need to be prepared to take on anyone who enters the mines or endangers either ourselves or Silverbrand.

This 'Training Day' will be an official weekly Holiday. We will meet and train together as a Clan, and after we have trained, we shall rejoice, drink and tell stories. ((We will meet for this at 9pm GMT Saturday, after construction, hopefully)) All citizens who attend, will be paid a silver for their time. This is important to our survival, and our ability to help, or punish those around us.

In Service,
~Chester Copperpot
Goldburg

Post by Goldburg »

Citizens,

I have added to our treasury.

The work that everyone did last week was not in vain. The builder has completed our exit tunnel, so now one can exit to the surface from the smithing hall.

However, the entrance is blocked due to further construction. I hope to meet with the builder soon to give instruction for it's completion. So until then, no one can enter the tunnels from above.

The builder also suggested we change our name, because a 'Village' isn't accurate yet. I was thinking of "Citadel of Goldburg", but "Stronghold of Goldburg" sounds good too. Or we can just call it simply "Goldburg". What do you all think? Any other ideas?

I look forward to meeting more of you, as well as any new dwarves, this week ((Saturday 8pm GMT))

In Service,
~Chester Copperpot
Goldburg

Post by Goldburg »

Dear Citizens,

I have today recieved a generous donation of 1000 Naldor Logs from Mayor Amras Telemnar of Greenbriar. He spoke of the old Amaron-Alliance when Dwarves and Elves fought side by side.

He also agreed that we could trade Ores for Grains and food in the future.

I am expecting good things from the next meeting with him.

I have also recieved a request from a 'Gnomish Council' for trade. I haven't heard of them, but they are cousins and I will hear them out.

I have added to our treasury and Materials for building.

We are progressing and growing. Please encourage any dwarves who speak the new tongue to join our Clan and help it grow.

In Service,
~Chester Copperpot
Goldburg

Post by Goldburg »

Dear Citizens,

I have added to our treasury and Materials for construction. I was present at the meeting several days ago, and was disappointed by the lack of attendence. No-one attended except myself.

Our contract with the King of Silverbrand speciafically states that if the 'Guild' becomes inactive, then the land and buildings revert back to Silverbrand. I would like to see a place where New Language Dwarves can meet and enjoy each other's company, but we need to let them know where we are and continue to stay active and grow as a Clan.

I would like all citizens to meet me this week for another meeting for construction and training. ((Saturday, 8pm GMT)).

I fear, that further non-attendance may prove fatal for our cause.

In Service,
~Chester Copperpot
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

I apologize for not being at the meeting, I was else ware and would not have been able to make it to the meeting in time.

~Faber Ironhammer,
Appraiser of Goldburg~
Goldburg

Post by Goldburg »

Citizens,

I'd like to welcome Brother Dirri Tartus into our ranks as a new citizen. He has also requested to become one of our Deputies.

We have a candidate for Sheriff, but I am still awaiting word from him.

I wanted to remind everyone to attend this week's meeting down in the smithing Hall. If you don't know where this is, please send me a dove.
((Saturday at 8pm GMT))

I have invited the builder to attend. We will discuss construction, train and perhaps go on an expedition if there is time. I have a certain treasure map that may prove lucrative.

I hope to see you all there.

In Service,
~Chester Copperpot
Kingdom of Silverbrand

Post by Kingdom of Silverbrand »

Das Königreich Silberbrand begrüßt seine neuen Brüder und Schwestern , Nachbarn und Freunde von Goldburg und reicht ihnen den Vertrag unterschrieben zurück .
Er ist in der Sprache Goldburgs gehalten und soll auf ewig die Freundschaft und den Frieden zwischen beiden Städten besieglen .

*heftet den Vertrag ans Brett*
Provisions:
I. Free access is granted to the citizens of Goldburg to the Mines of Silverbrand on the condition that non-dwarves are denied access.
II. Free access is granted to the citizens of Goldburg to the Farm Fields, Fishing sites and other ‘open’ areas of Silverbrand.
III. All citizens of Goldburg will respect both the Laws and citizens of Silverbrand while in Silverbrand territory.
IV. All citizens of Silverbrand will respect both the Laws and citizens of Goldburg while in Goldburg territory.
V. Citizens of Goldburg shall not be granted keys to the City of Silverbrand unless they are also citizens of Silverbrand.
VI. The Village of Goldburg and its citizens shall never wage war, attack, betray or otherwise harm the Kingdom of Silverbrand or its citizens.
VII. The Village of Goldburg shall remain independent from the Kingdom of Silverbrand and therefore be excused from taxes to the Kingdom.
VIII. Dwarves shall never attack other dwarves except for the purposes of mutual training.
IX. The Village of Goldburg and the Kingdom of Silverbrand shall not interfere in each other’s internal affairs.
X. If the Village of Goldburg becomes dormant at anytime, the Kingdom of Silverbrand shall reclaim the property.

This treaty is signed as a lifelong agreement between Kingdom of Silverbrand and the Village of Goldburg and may never be put asunder or revoked by either party.

Gezeichnet für Silberbrand
Thorwald
König