The Elven Community - Place where all elves can live in peac

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Teesh

The Elven Community - Place where all elves can live in peac

Post by Teesh »

Dear Elves,

Kalypse, Liriel and I have created The Elven Community.

The Elven Community is a place where all elves can live in peace, love and
happiness. It is meant to be a place where every elf helps each other, care about each other, we believe in each other. We believe in love and good will. We welcome all elves, either mages, druids, warriors, merchants, craftsmen and so on. All elves we do believe
are good, peaceful and important. No elves are worthless.

Kalypse is the spirit of our Elven Community. I believe she is the most good elf in this world. Liriel and I are the co-leaders of the community and we take care of all the organisation stuff.

Every member of the community has a mission. Help and care about others, either elves and other races. Also every member of the community has to know simple but important rules
and not break them. The rules are posted and pinned on the community's website (address below). Every elf that turns evil or breaks the rules in other way will be excluded with no warning, though we dont exclude anyone if the fact of becoming evil or breaking the rules is
not proven.

You are welcome to post here any ideas you might have and share your opinion, all that apply to this community. This way you let The Elven Community grow large, good, and in peace. No ideas and thoughts will be left behind. Remember, as you become a member, you are a part of the community, everywhere and everytime, and you help it grow.

If you want to become a member of the community please ask Kalypse, Liriel or me within the Illarion world or email us:
Liriel: andreas_blunck@gmx.de (german/english)
Teesh: dao@astercity.net (english)

Peace and love with all you elves and we await you in the community.
Yours Teesh.

PS. The website address is: http://strony.wp.pl/wp/elven-community

(Edited by Teesh at 9:24 pm on July 29, 2002)
Dyluck

The Elven Community

Post by Dyluck »

I would like to commend the good job done on the website and the quality of the graphics. I would like to ask the creator of the website for assitance in the future should I return to Illarion someday.
Elkrim

The Elven Community

Post by Elkrim »

Greetings Fellowers,

I really like your idea, but unfortunately there are a few rules I'm not able to accept...

[1. Treat every folk of any race kindly and friendly.]
2. All races are equal. Every good folk is worthy and important.
8. Pray to gods, especially Ushara, Elara, Adron, Oldra, Sirani and Zhambra.     Serve them well.

Nevertheless, I hope you recieve a lot of members!
I will support your community in any way!

May the spirit of the nature be with you!

Farewell lovely Elves,
Elkrim.
Kalypse

The Elven Community

Post by Kalypse »

Hello Elkrim,
I just wanted to know your reason not to accept those rules. You said you didn´t, but i believe it is most important for us to know your opinion.
Just in case you might be wondering, since that was the impression your reply gave me... We are not suggesting that ppl should treat evil ones friendly, but we think that as long as we don´t know for sure about that kind of behaviour we should try to be helpful.
So, as far as I´m concerned, we are still developing the whole idea and the details, but our goal is mostly to have a quiet place where there are no flames making ppl angry or violence of any kind. That is why we need so much to hear others opinions, because Teesh, Liriel and I think almost the same about everything, but i think different perspectives are good things and they make us consider other solutions that might have escaped our first thoughts.

I wish to thank you for your sincerity,
Kalypse.
Liric

The Elven Community

Post by Liric »

Teesh.... thats great I hope ill be a member ,too. And i want to ask you
for Lisandi if he can be a member,too. Thanks Liric and Lisandi
Teesh

The Elven Community

Post by Teesh »

Liric, we had the chance to speak in illarion so you know you both with Lisandi are members already =)

Ofically id like to welcome our first members: Khanor Faenohan, Liric, Liridon and Liriel. Congratulations elves!

@Elkrim: i would like to know why cant you agree to these rules you mentioned too. Is it a private matter or you dont like these rules? Let us know so we can think it over and review your arguments.... and thaks and all the best to you too good elf =) I hope there will be a day that you will join us. I look further for it.
Teesh

The Elven Community

Post by Teesh »

@Dyluck. heh... I have to say that the "creator" of this website would like to help very much, but its very hard for him since he has a looot of urgent stuff to do every day... 'he is' a very energetic elf hihihi ;-) but sure let me know what you need and i'll help if i can =)
Inioch Hope

The Elven Community

Post by Inioch Hope »

I think this is a great Idea even if i'm not an elf. I can see great things in the future for this community.
Caranthir the great

The Elven Community

Post by Caranthir the great »

Good to hear that again a new guild has risen to reach for might and glory.
May your trees never fall.
Eol

The Elven Community

Post by Eol »

Listen, Elves of Elf Community, these are my feelings

I agree to the idea of a society of elves, with a home of their own, and laws made by elves and for elves.
I agree to most of these rules, laid down on your communities hp.

But

Does a community of elves, living together in peace and chained in harmony need to force its members to believe in the Gods of Illarion ?
If so, my footsteps will never been seen underneath your tables.

I was not born in Illarion, nor did i ever learned a prayer to its Gods. My Gods are the Ainur, and i praise Ilúvatar as the One and only. I recognize your Illarion Gods as far as i will respect their laws, for the time I live here on this island.

And so

as I learned in my home in Beleriand, I will

Help anybody who needs and welcomes my help
Follow the laws of Peace
And
Respect any other kind of being

But if this isn't enough for a membership in the Community of Elves
I will stay what I am today: free and independant.

May the Ainur bless you. Eldalie cuivie. Auta i lóme !
Teesh

The Elven Community

Post by Teesh »

Eol, thanks for your questions and doubts. We have already started discussion on this, so keep checking this thread from time to time, this praying-rule may change soon =))

And at this point i would like to announce our new members. We happily welcome Simonic Jace, the Town Councellor in the Elven Community =)) Congratulations!

May Peace and harmony be with you elves...
Teesh

The Elven Community

Post by Teesh »

@Caranthir =)) please read our Statement more carefully, its not might and glory that the community is all about...
Kalypse

The Elven Community

Post by Kalypse »

Eol, we appreciate your concern.

I have talked to Teesh and we both agree this rule shouldnt be there, now we only have to check for Liriel´s opinion. I hope we can talk to him today. You are not the only one complaining about that rule. But we are also having some other problems and we are still beginning, so I would appreciate if you would be a little patient..:-)

This is all for now,
Kalypse
Caranthir the great

The Elven Community

Post by Caranthir the great »

So you say now, but it is only the time that will show.
Eol

The Elven Community

Post by Eol »

Mylady Kalypse,

Far as I could investigate - patience is one of most important things throughout Illarion.
Be sure, I'll look forward to see your community grow and I will follow its paths far as i can.
I will tell some friends of mine about your plans, all of them brave elves, so they can make a decision of their own.

And speaking for my own - I will be patient.
Kalypse

The Elven Community

Post by Kalypse »

Im glad to hear you like our ideas, Eol, and I thank you for being there for us.
You seem to be a wise elf and that makes me much more interested on what other ppl have to say, because i believe no mind has the ability of thinking about everything.

Liriel, Teesh and I have come to an understanding that the gods rules was trully unfair to some ppl. Also we are considering a slightly change on the rule about helping newbies, since I have noticed that it could cause some problems too, but that we still need a little more thoughts. So the rules are going to be changed tomorrow and we would appreciate if all members and other elves would give us their opinions about the changes.

Always wishing the best for all,
Kalypse.
Khanor Faenohan

The Elven Community

Post by Khanor Faenohan »

Eol, doesn't saying you are 'Dark Elf of Nan Elmoth' suggest you are evil? I don't mean this the wrong way I am just curious.

(Edited by Khanor Faenohan at 11:27 pm on June 30, 2002)
Elkrim

The Elven Community

Post by Elkrim »

Greetings my dear elves,

1. Treat every folk of any race kindly and friendly.
 - Maybe I'm some kind of mean, but I don't really like orcs, dwarfs and lizzards.
   Well, there are a few exceptions, but generally I don't like these races.

2. All races are equal. Every good folk is worthy and important.
 - What do you mean with this phrase?
   I don't think, that all races are equal...

8. Pray to gods, especially Ushara, Elara, Adron, Oldra, Sirani and Zhambra. Serve them well.
 - I don't believe in these gods, you count up! And I don't have to believe in the gods, who create Illarion, because they exist!

My lovely Elves,
Follow your heart,
Yours,
Elkrim.
Zerbus der Druide

The Elven Community

Post by Zerbus der Druide »

while i was searching the web for any informations about drow elves i came across this text (which is in german) - but at the end of it you have some reasonable commandments - maybe you read it - it may give you an idea of what your community could look like.

yours, zerbus

Elistraee

Elistraee ist die Göttin des Liedes, des Tanzes, des Schwertkampfes und der Jagd. Jene Drow die sich aus den klauen der boshaften Gottheiten winden konnten und dem Unterreich für immer den Rücken gekehrt haben beten meist zu Elistraee. Die Dunkle Maid, wie sie auch oft genannt wird, hat kaum Anhänger unter den Menschen, ihre Anbeter sind meist Elfen, Dunkelelfen oder Halbelfen. Elistraee liebt den Tanz und die Musik und oftmals kann man ihre Stimme in den Wäldern ihrer Anhänger vernehmen, ein leises, aber sehr gefühlvolles Lied. Jeder der dieses Lied hört weiß, das Elistraee irgendwo um ihn ist. Oftmals taucht sie auf, wenn ihre Anhänger und Priesterschaft eine Feier ihr zu ehren abhalten. Diese Zeremonie ist immer verbunden mit einem großen Lagerfeuer um welches ihre Anhänger fröhlich in der Nacht tanzen. Oftmals kann man dann eine Gestalt im Mondlicht entdecken, mit weißem wallenden Haar. Dies ist Elistraee die über ihre Schützlinge wacht und sie stets behütet.

Elistraee selbst ist eine noch sehr junge und vor allem Chaotische Göttin. Doch ist sie in keiner weise mit Lloth oder einer anderen Chaotisch Bösen Gottheit zu vergleichen. Elistraee respektiert das Leben und haßt den Kampf, den Krieg und die Zerstörung. Sie liebt alles was Freude, Spaß und den Zusammenhalt unter ihren Anhängern fördert, besonders das tanzen und singen. Elistraee mischt sich selten in die Angelegenheiten ihrer Priesterinnen ein und sie schickt nur selten einen Avatar um ihnen im Kampf oder Notsituationen beizustehen.

Ein weitere großer Unterschied zwischen den bösen Göttern und Elistraee ist die Gleichstellung von Mann und Frau. Zwar dürfen nur Frauen Priesterinnen der Dunklen Maid werden, doch stellen sich diese keinesfalls über die Männer, noch geben ihnen irgendwelche Befehle. Elistraee versucht das Leben der Dunkelelfen und ihrer restlichen Anhänger so zu gestalten wie sie es selbst für richtig halten. Sie mag keine Einmischungen in das Leben ihrer Schützlinge. Jeder soll sich so entwickeln, wie er es für richtig hält.

Elistraee lebt nach sechs wichtigen Dogmen:

1. Hilf den starken, den Schwachen, den Dankbaren und den Groben gleichermaßen.

2. Sei immer Nett, außer zu dem Bösen.

3. Ermutige überall zum Glücklichsein; Ermuntere Herzen mit freundlichen Worten, Späßen, Liedern und Lustigkeit.

4. Verteidige und unterstütze jedermann, fördere die Harmonie zwischen den Rassen.

5. Fremde sind deine Freunde. Den Heimatlosen muß Schutz vor Stürmen gewährt werden, auch unter deinem Dach.

6. Vergilt Grobheit mit Freundlichkeit. Vergilt Gewalt mit rascher Gewalt, damit möglichst wenige Verletzt werden und Gefahr schnell aus dem Land gebannt wird.

Das heißt jedoch nicht, das Anhänger von Elistraee nicht kämpfen. Sie bemühen sich zwar den Frieden zu wahren, doch nicht immer gelingt dieses. So werden alle Anhänger der Göttin ermuntert, den Umgang mit dem Schwert zu üben um stets auf der Hut vor dem Bösen zu sein und es notfalls zu vernichten.
Eol

The Elven Community

Post by Eol »

Dear Khanor,

just let me tell you these two little things:

1. Nan Elmoth ist a deep and because of its giant trees very dark forest in a land called Beleriand, far abroad. I was living there for many years after I quit duty in the army of my King, Thingol of Doriath.

2. I am a Sindar-Elf, and for the Sindar refused the long journey to the Land of Lights, called Aman (if you ever heard about), they are called Moriquendi, which means nothing else but "Dark Elves". Those who reached Aman and saw Telperion, the Tree of Light, are called the Layaquendi ("Elves who saw the light").

Am I evil by birth ? Others will have to find out.
Eol

The Elven Community

Post by Eol »

Werter Zerbus,

Mit deiner überaus interessanten Quellenstudie zum Thema Elfenreligion sprichst du mir aus der Seele, zeigt dies doch, dass es für dieses Volk noch soviel mehr zu erforschen gibt, als Trollburgen und Spinnenhöhlen.

Alleine die Frage der kulturhistorischen Unterschiede und Gemeinsamkeiten zwischen Elfen und Elben (so es einen Unterschied gibt), die Erschließung der Quellenlagen in Mythologie und Literatur fordern eine wissenschaftliche Erforschung unser aller Geschichte geradezu heraus. Wäre es nicht wunderbar, wenn in einer "Elven Community" Platz wäre für eine Akademie der Künste und der Geschichte? An eine Erforschung der Religionen und der Sprachen mag ich dabei noch gar nicht denken, lässt mich dieses Thema beim bloßen Gedanken daran bereits in Forschungseuphorie verfallen.

( Eol bricht vor lauter Begeisterung die Feder ab, auf der Suche nach einer neuen kramt er in einem Stapel verstaubter Dokumente auf seinem überladenen Schreibtisch, stößt auf eine einstmals versiegelte Pergamentrolle, beginnt zu lesen und vergißt darüber beinahe, den Brief an Zerbus abzusenden)
Kalypse

The Elven Community

Post by Kalypse »

Dear Elves,
I know this may be asking too much, but could you please post in english? I don´t understand german and I can´t help with anything unless I understand your thoughts. Liriel is german, but it can get a little tiring to ask him to translate the posts everytime. And besides, he has a little problem with english himself. Please do whatever you can to keep these ideas in english.

Elkrim, I undestand your thoughts and I myself have some problems with some folks, I don´t say race, because as I said on another post I believe each one should be responsible for their own actions. I know lots of good orcs, and dwarves...lizards I don´t know much but they never gave me trouble. But we believe everybody deserves a chance to prove themselves worthy and that´s what the rules are all about. Maybe we should just think on how to express them better, because of course the races have their differences. What we meant was that all races have the same chances of having good and bad people and it´s up to us to try, at least, to spread and increase good will over Illarion´s world.

I´m not sure if I explained my thoughts very well, because I have some problems doing that. If not, just let me know what you are thinking.

Wishing all the best...
Kalypse
Khanor Faenohan

The Elven Community

@ Eol, i see now, you are dark elf as in lack of light.

@ Teesh, Kalypse, or Liriel, has rule number eight been deleted yet?
Kalypse

The Elven Community

Post by Kalypse »

Yes, it has, Khanor. The thing is that Teesh is very busy at the moment, and usually tired because of other things that does not concern the game. But as soon as he has some time he will correct the rules on the website.

:)
Khanor Faenohan

The Elven Community

#me cheers "Hoorah!"

I feel this is good news, not because I don't believe in God(s), I have respect for the people who believe in them I just don't think members should be forced to believe in them.

#me bows.
Eol

The Elven Community

Post by Eol »

Khanor,

"a lack of light" ?

Might be, my English isn't that good, but, when I try to translate what you said,  "a lack of light" means nothing else than "stupid".

If this is what you want to say to me, ok Khanor, I agree with you.
And I feel it will be better for a fool like me, not to join a community of intolerant elves.

And, coming to an end, just let me tell you one more little thing: their are a lot of countries outside your horizon with peoples with dark skins. I found brave people there, and I never felt to be under people with "a lack of light", like I do - sometimes - here in Illa.

Farewell Elven Community, I am patient, how are u ?
Khanor Faenohan

The Elven Community

My most sincere apology, I wrote that a bit wrong, I dont mean to sound 'intolerant' I am just curious I am not saying anything to make you or anyone else mad, I just wanted to ask about what you signature was. When I say 'lack of light' I mean as in elves who came from a place where it was shaded from the sun, but it doesn't matter now I understand and nothing I said was meant to offend you, I am sorry.
Teesh

The Elven Community

Post by Teesh »

My Dear Elves, i am happy to announce that rule 8 (about gods) has been changed.

@Elkrim: i agree with what Kalypse wrote, also i would like to add something. Rules 1 and 2 are also meant to let us know that we elves are no wiser and no better then other races. Everyone in the world is equaly imporatant i believe, but we all are just different.  We dont force anyone to like other races (i believe these rules dont sound like that :-) ) but we ask for respect for their 'being different'. Also we dont want to alienate from other races, saying that we elves will only act nicely and have respect for us elves and not other races, thats not good. Also we are open for contact and cooperation with other races. I will give one more example. I as a co-leader of this community am no better and wiser than you, nor Eol nor Zerbus nor anyone else, nor any folk from other race. Thats what this rule is all about. But i am sure we will try to express it better :-) So you dont have to like other races, just respect them :-)

@Zerbus: Ich verstehe nicht! ;-)

By the way i think i am a very patient elf :-) hihi, Kalypse can tell :-)

Have a nice sleep dear elves ;-) /while the server is down/
Teesh

The Elven Community

Post by Teesh »

I would like to thank Khanor for his many many generous gifts. All of them shall be sold and the gold recieved put into the communities vault. So all members of the community, you may feel happy, because all the gold collected by the community will be spent on you in many different ways :-) As you may read on the website, one of the plans (which will be quite expensive) is already descripted there shortly.

I have so many stuff to sell that i already cant find anything in my depot hehehe :-)
As for now i am the only communities merchant...
Kalypse

The Elven Community

Post by Kalypse »

:( :( :(
*Kalypse is sad as she sees her dear elven friends have an argument*
:( :(

Eol, I know Khanor for quite a while and I know that he wouldnt´t do that...not intentionally, at least... And as I understood he didn´t mean to harm you in any way.

Second............:( I´m sad that you think that we r intolerant. We have been trying our best to do everything in our power to make you feel confortable to join our community. And I myself have been trying hard to consider every single thought posted here. I don´t have the power to force you to join our community, though I would like it very much. But be sure that we tried our best..........

*Kalypse´s feelings are hurt*