The Union of Archers

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Shingo

The Union of Archers

Post by Shingo »

Union of Archers

Those of us that have truly mastered the bow are a force to be reckoned with. A single arrow from atop the roof of a building heading with tremendous speed toward the eye of our enemy: Only an archer can kill so swiftly.

The Union of Archers is a group dedicated to the usage and teachings of the bow. Though other weapons may be used as a secondary means of defense, the expectation is that the bow will be the primary weapon of choice.

Our goals are our own affairs. At times we we'll be available for hire.
The Union of Archers are now buying all yellow potions and thread.
Contact a member if you wish to sell.

Founder: Shingo

There will be three ranks within the group:

Slinger: The trainees of the Guild

Scout
: The more experienced archers in the Guild
Scouts will be equipped with both a bow and arrows if they have none. Arrows will be supplied but only to a certain extent.

Archer: The true masters of the bow
Archers will also be supplied with arrows to a certain extent. Training bows will be supplied as well.

Slingers:
-Grophan
-Livuelle
-Chester Copperpot

Scouts:
-Roland

Archers:
-Shingo

Arrow Supplier:
-Hart

Guild Armory:
Stones: 1600
Arrows: 1000
Wind Arrows: 50
Poisoned Arrows: 20
Throwing Stars: 1000
Serinjah Riders Bows: 6
Slings: 5
Magical Elven Bows: 1
Elven Composite Longbows: 1
Crossbows: 1
Riders Bows: 3
Ebony Long Bows: 1
Poisoned Ornate Daggers: 6
Poisoned Daggers: 1

All new guild members are expected to train with a Sling if they have never before used a bow. This will show to me your willingness to dedicate yourself to the guild and see if you are serious about trying to become a master. This will also help me to determine how good a shot and how nimble you are. Upon being accepted you will be supplied a sling and upon graduation, if you do not already have one, you will be given your first bow. And Slingers! Hazing is just part of the fun! It will only make us closer.

Scouts and archers will be equipped with the supplies needed for an Archer. All members are encouraged to learn to make arrows for themselves because there will not be enough to go around.

Guild members will be more then just Guild members. We will be brothers. We will become close to one another. We will train together. We will eat together. We will sleep together. And when we are surrounded by our enemies, in the middle of a dense, dark forest where no one can hear us, outnumbered with little hope of survival, we will fight together.

Treaties:
Trade Agreement

This agreement is made between the Union of Archers and the village of Goldburg.

Goldburg requires items of: Apple, Cherry, Conifer and Naldor Logs (Not Boards), Leather, Colored Cloth, Bushel of Wheat and Thread.

For each item, we could offer an Ore of copper, Iron or Coal.
5 Pebbels cost 1 items per set
1 Raw Stone cost 2 items each
Copper Ingots cost 2 items each
Iron Ingots cost 3 items each
Raw Gems cost 5 items each
Gold Ingots would require 10 items

For example, you want 20 Iron Ingots.
We trade you 20 Iron Ingots for (20x3) 60 leather.

If you wanted 20 copper Ingots, 5 Gold Ingots and 500 pebbles
We trade for (20x2) 40 Apple logs, (5x10) 20 Naldor Logs and (500/5) 100 Cherry Logs.

~Chester Copperpot, village of Goldburg
~Shingo Sharpshot, Union of Archers

~Shingo Sharpshot~
Last edited by Shingo on Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:02 pm, edited 30 times in total.
Shingo

Post by Shingo »

I welcome Fast Eddy to be the first official new member of The Union of Archers. Because of his prior experience with bows, he will be placed as a scout. He is quick and agile and is welcomed whole-heartedly.

~Shingo~
Dash

Post by Dash »

Shingo you are indeed a great Archer. I am honored to be accepted into this new guild.

Fast Eddy
Shingo

Post by Shingo »

The Union is now buying all yellow potions and thread from any who wish to sell. A trade agreement with any who could supply a constant flow of these wares could be made for anyone interested.

~Shingo~
Shingo

Post by Shingo »

The elfess Silariel has expressed interest in the guild and over the next few days will be tested and evaluated.

~Shingo~
Nolofinwe Antuen

Post by Nolofinwe Antuen »

Greetings All,

Allow me to introduce myself. I am Nolofinwe Antuen co-founder of the union and teacher in the art of daggers and close combat for Archers. A bow will slow an enemy but a blade may be needed to finish him. Our enemies are quick, cunning and many hold no fear. It is mandatory that our archers are prepared to fight with steel as well as bow. I ask all prospective members of the union as well as current members to choose a weapon which suits there tastes for close combat. Weapons and armor may also be obtained through the Union.

Nolofinwe
Shingo

Post by Shingo »

Nolofinwe,

It is not mandatory for any member to use any weapon other then a bow. If members so choose it, a bow will be perfectly acceptable, and that is actually what I myself as a teacher encourage. As for saying a bow cannot finish an enemy off, follow me for a day and I will prove that wrong.

~Shingo~
Shingo

Post by Shingo »

Unfortunately Nolofinwe and I had conflicting opinions on the role of a Bow in an Archers guild and he is no longer with us.

However, on a lighter note, Silariel will be accepted as a slinger and I look forward to training her. She has tremendous potential. Welcome!

~Shingo~
wolfsword

Post by wolfsword »

I wish to join, and i have some thread laying around with me.

-Tom Raphael Wolf
Shingo

Post by Shingo »

Tom Raphael Wolf has been accepted as a Slinger. While needing work, he shows a great work ethic and will make a fine archer someday.

Tom and Silariel:
Continue to practice with your slings. As you get better, I will take note. When I feel your ready and able to handle a bow, you will receive your Scout's Bow.

~Shingo~
Shingo

Post by Shingo »

An official Guild carpenter has been found.

Hart will be our first guild arrow supplier.

~Shingo~
Shingo

Post by Shingo »

I would like to officially welcome Brice to the Guild as a Slinger. He shows tremendous potential and is one of the politest humans I have met. I am honored that you are with us.

~Shingo~
Gabon Corad

Post by Gabon Corad »

I beh interested in join yoo's guild. I am workin on meh skills wif meh bow and i is also a carpender ((due to some changes my char is no longer able to make all the bows he once was...hopefully some changes might be made to fix that)) aund i cun make meh own arrows if i gots da fread aund da woods. aund maby wif sum more practive wif my carpendry i wills beabel to make gud practice and even some gud bows fer times of need. Tanks

Grophan
Shingo

Post by Shingo »

Grophan has been tested and seems to be the most experienced after Fast Eddy and just recently, Brice. However, for the time being he will still be a Slinger. He is a fine addition to the Guild and has offered any guild member arrows, as long as that guild member provides the wood and thread. Welcome!

Once any member is promoted to scout, I will also provide arrows.

~Shingo~
Last edited by Shingo on Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shingo

Post by Shingo »

Unfortunately, Fast Eddy will no longer be able to stay in the Guild. He will be leaving the Isle for a time and is unsure of his return.

~Shingo~
Shingo

Post by Shingo »

The Union of Archers will hold its first official meeting on ((friday 20:00 gmt, 12:00 pacific time)). Any who cannot attend are expected to let me know. We will meet in the Fluffy sheep tavern, and then will make a journey to the meeting spot.

~Shingo~
Shingo

Post by Shingo »

Only Hart has told me that he may not be able to attend the meeting. Everyone else is expected to be there or tell me that they cannot attend. If I don't hear from any member and they do not show up, I must assume the are no longer with the guild.

Also, anyone interested in the guild is welcome to come as well.

~Shingo~
Shingo

Post by Shingo »

The meeting will be held in ((1 hour and a half)). All members that didn't inform me otherwise are expected to be there.

~Shingo~
Shingo

Post by Shingo »

I would like to announce that the Union is now buying all raw stones as well as thread and yellow potions. We also pay highly for rare bows.

~Shingo~
Shingo

Post by Shingo »

I would like to happily welcome Roland to the Union as a Scout. He has been tested and has shown to have a great shot, and even more potential to become greater. I am honored to have you join!

~Shingo~
Shingo

Post by Shingo »

A guild armory has been added to the main page. All Scouts and Archers have free access to it.

~Shingo Sharpshot~
Last edited by Shingo on Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shingo

Post by Shingo »

A contract has been negotiated with the new nation of Goldburg. All our members have access to the following contract:

Trade Agreement

This agreement is made between the Union of Archers and the village of Goldburg.

Goldburg requires items of: Apple, Cherry, Conifer and Naldor Logs (Not Boards), Leather, Colored Cloth, Bushel of Wheat and Thread.

For each item, we could offer an Ore of copper, Iron or Coal.
5 Pebbels cost 1 items per set
1 Raw Stone cost 2 items each
Copper Ingots cost 2 items each
Iron Ingots cost 3 items each
Raw Gems cost 5 items each
Gold Ingots would require 10 items

For example, you want 20 Iron Ingots.
We trade you 20 Iron Ingots for (20x3) 60 leather.

If you wanted 20 copper Ingots, 5 Gold Ingots and 500 pebbles
We trade for (20x2) 40 Apple logs, (5x10) 20 Naldor Logs and (500/5) 100 Cherry Logs.

~Chester Copperpot, village of Goldburg
~Shingo Sharpshot, Union of Archers
Shingo

Post by Shingo »

The treasury on the main page has been updated.

~Shingo Sharpshot~
Deamus

Post by Deamus »

My name is Kalsis and I would be honored if you would have me come amongst your ranks, I fear I am rather young when in comes to the art of using a bow or sling. However I wish wholeheartedly to learn to hunt with one.
Shingo

Post by Shingo »

Give me a time and date you are available to meet.

~Shingo Sharpshot~
Shingo

Post by Shingo »

What has this life brought me? The ability to train a few people in my arts whom I barely ever hear from after they receive their first bow? My life feels incomplete, unsatisfying and unwholesome. Are their no other archers to be heard of? Is their no one who can best me?

To all of you, to all of Gobiath, I offer a challenge: To the individual who can best me with any type of ranged weapon will go all my worldly possessions. That includes the entire guild armory, all of the silver I have at the time of attack and anything else in my depot.

Dare to take the challenge?

~Shingo Sharpshot~
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

To Shingo,

I am sorry you feel this way, I truly am. I believe distance weapons are truly undervalued. In a time in which Mages, surrounded by warriors can best even the best city Guards, Archers, well-trained and united in common purpose are sorely needed by those without Mage assistance.

You appear to be frustrated and considering 'giving up'.
To show you the error of your belief, I'll take your challenge.

You, with your ranged weapon, and me with mine. Armor is fine, but no melee weapons.

Where shall we meet lad, and when. Someplace neutral and with plenty of space, so others are not hit by stray arrows or pebbles. Perhaps the Arena?

If I win, we shall discuss your arrangements in private. If you still decide to disband, then perhaps I could retain your services as an advisor.

Please send me a dove with your reply.

Your friend,
~Chester Copperpot
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Well we had our battle....

Shingo won.

I am at a loss as to what happened. That little halfling survived 7 molotov cocktails and still kept coming! I still can't believe it.

However, I salute the efforts of Shingo. He has much to teach about distance weapons. Best Archer I've seen in a long time.

Sign me up for the next class!

Your friend,
~Chester
Shingo

Post by Shingo »

I would be honored if you would take a lesson from me Chester. You have given me much to think about, and more importantly, have encouraged me greatly. For that I thank you my friend.

As for the challenge, it will still stand for the time being. However, molotovs are not allowed. To be specific: Arrows, shooting stars, rocks, throwing spears and throwing axes are allowed.

~Shingo Sharpshot~

PS. The Union can use another 300 iron ores and 200 coal. Can you fulfill this order Chester? And I presume you need more logs? If not, what do would you like?
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Yes indeed my friend.

I will have that order for you in two dwarven days. Logs will be fine.

In fact, if you would list me in your guild as a 'slinger', I would appreciate learning from the Master. You really gave me worries and some ideas when you started moving close to me, hehe. I didn't count on that, but you're never too old to learn new tricks.

In fact, I'm going to recommend to all of our members that we learn the ways of the sling.

~Chester