Trainers

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Richard Cypher

Trainers

Post by Richard Cypher »

Alright, crafts are becoming too easy to learn or are too hard to learn I have noticed. I think there should be craft specific trainers. These teachers would start you off with the tools necessary for learning your trade and teach you how to do it.

The only way to learn new things would be to go back to the trainer periodically. He would assign things for you to make for him, say 20 staffs, until he teaches you the next thing.

This would last until you reach a specific level of that trade, say 50 maybe before you are considered able to do it on your own, and then you can also go learn something else if you want to. What do you all think? Any comments for this? Or ways my idea might be improved?
Llama

Post by Llama »

I lyke it... but I would

I) Allow player characters to 'teach' items to other characters (this increases RP interaction)

II) Allow people to learn by themselves (even if at a reduced rate)
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

You are aware that this is more a proposal for a new skill system than anything else?

Once upon a time, I suggested something alike. I called the whole stuff "blueprints", so that you have to pay some money to be able to craft a new item, not automatically when you reach a certain skill level, but with the current complexity of the crafting system, I doubt we really need this.

But the idea to have traders that actually sell tools for specific crafts and award you for using them seems like a pretty good thing. Refer to my PM ;-)
Rosendil

Post by Rosendil »

I like that idea - and my tailor Rosendil immediately wants to become a teacher!
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

I like the idea of an NPC teaching skills by giving a type of quest..like the orc in Varshikar. Something fun to do while getting a small reward at the same time...
Q-wert

Post by Q-wert »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:I lyke it... but I would

I) Allow player characters to 'teach' items to other characters (this increases RP interaction)

II) Allow people to learn by themselves (even if at a reduced rate)
signed

Well, npc-quests. No. If it would be that, you could also play a singeplayergame.

But the idea that playercharacters could learn real skills to other persons is great.
It would be a good chance for nice rp.

My actual char trains some other chars (he shows some persons how to sneak, use poison daggers, steal and stuff like this, well he tries ;) ),
just without that someone gets any skills. And it is great fun to rp that, so i can imagine that rp it with skills for other chars is not less satisfying.
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

Well, npc-quests. No. If it would be that, you could also play a singeplayergame.
Why does that matter if you could in a single player game?

It would keep people from logging when no one is on so they could to quests and not be bored out of their minds.
Banduk

Post by Banduk »

Just another possibility:

Any char can train another char, if his skill is much higher (a few swirlies) than the trained char.
In this case the skill of the trainee is increasing much more then during ordinary work, maybe depending on the skill difference. After 2 to 4 times, depending on intelligence and attention (Intelligenz, Wahrnehmung und Willenskraft) the trainee is not able to learn more (Message "You need to rest"). The trainer itself is learning a little bit.

How to realize:
Both have to stay stay at the workbench, the trainer use the tool with the trainee. (shows the trainee something).
The workbench for fighter will be a straw puppet (Strohpuppe), Farmers get a school garden, bards notes (Notenständer), miners etc. work with there raw materials as workbench.

The actual skill training will stay unchanged, maybe a slower in the upper skill range. So PG will be possible and will be need to get a master crafter. But the most of chars will have the capability to learn faster by RP.

However, it will work automatically, without NPC, quests ....
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

Banduk wrote:Just another possibility:

Any char can train another char, if his skill is much higher (a few swirlies) than the trained char.
In this case the skill of the trainee is increasing much more then during ordinary work, maybe depending on the skill difference. After 2 to 4 times, depending on intelligence and attention (Intelligenz, Wahrnehmung und Willenskraft) the trainee is not able to learn more (Message "You need to rest"). The trainer itself is learning a little bit.

How to realize:
Both have to stay stay at the workbench, the trainer use the tool with the trainee. (shows the trainee something).
The workbench for fighter will be a straw puppet (Strohpuppe), Farmers get a school garden, bards notes (Notenständer), miners etc. work with there raw materials as workbench.

The actual skill training will stay unchanged, maybe a slower in the upper skill range. So PG will be possible and will be need to get a master crafter. But the most of chars will have the capability to learn faster by RP.

However, it will work automatically, without NPC, quests ....
I like this idea better than the NPC idea. Well, I would rather have this one. But, I would like both.