~The Calm Before The Storm~

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Taliss Kazzxs

~The Calm Before The Storm~

Post by Taliss Kazzxs »

Gobaith~

Trollsbane in the past has been called the Jewel of Gobaith, in this it is valuable and effects all of its surrounding neighbors in some way or another. Be it by commerce, sheltering of new comers, or simply by standing as a cross road through which all of our lands connect, the well being of this town is needed simply to keep balance throughout our fair island.

The previous Governor Siltaris was opposed by many, though it is undeniable that she did well in keeping Trollsbane to and for the people as any such important land should. Her blood was spilled and the land befallen due to outsiders having dislike for her leading. Rumors are about that the current overlord of Trollsbane Silas is considering stepping down from his newly stolen position. I have recently sat down with Silas with attempts of negotiation though I would inform you all that it was in vain. Farron is making comfortable his throne over the town and though he claims his intentions are of good only demise has arrived, turning Trollsbane into more of a shrouded Hellbriar instead of our gleaming jewel.

You may ask yourself what is so bad about the current state of the town that would have this lizard shout his voice in the manner that I do, though only a short visit to Trollsbane would certainly aid you in your understandings. With the capture of Trollsbane Silas did not invade with only Caelum or himself alone. He was assisted with murderers, bandits and thieves, he received aid from the undead, those types that this island has so long opposed. The men and women that have stood aside him should not be trusted to watch your cow much less relied upon to protect a city, and that is what Silas has done. What once stood as a parchment of safe haven, a list of foreboding, the list of the banned and unwelcome persons has now been turned into list of towns guards. Along with the problem of killers running the streets the good merchants of the town have closed shop in fear for there own life, leaving a crashing economy and a hungry craftsman. The Gods themselves have seemed burdened by these loathsome sights and have sent to Silas what would appear divine punishment in the forms of undead swarming in masses. Mummies and other such creatures of foul deeds have just recently been stalled from there swarms of havoc and slaughter.

These circumstances though sounding unbelievable indeed do stand. The commoner is again suppressed by the pride of a power that refuses to stand down. I expect ridicule from those that have stolen the town and I mean if thoroughly when I say that there opposition will soon not matter. An outside force has invaded, diminished and now deprive those of Trollsbane, that is while I now say to you, the outside force that it is time to stand and bring justice in correcting the wrongs that need be made right! Let us stand together as a brotherhood willing to liberate Trollsbane from the confines of its overlords harsh grasp. It is time our scraped jewel is recovered and given back to both the people and Gobaith that it may again be polished!

Before the invaders captured Trollsbane they gave its defenders a measly three hour warning, I say to you oh marauders of towns, that it be best that you do not expect us to be so generous, consider this your last and final warning.

Our numbers are high and our cause is true, this battle is not for the people of Trollsbane alone but for the well being of our good island of Gobaith. I ask you of other towns, guilds, and factions to stand with us and bring Trollsbane back to its freedom.

We will see you soon Silas.

~Taliss Kazzxs of Gobaith

((try to be ready Sat the 15th folks 19gmt))
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

Your best option as of now is to surrender. We will offer this to you, I hope, even though you failed to offer it to us.

The message is a simple sheet of riped parchment, no signature is on the bottom.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

They have failed to bring the promised reforms of Siltaris' mistakes, but instead have expanded upon them to a new level, making those with legitimate concerns look like fools. I highly doubt their defense force will be anywhere near the size and morale of their offensive one.

F
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

Fooser. You know true well that you do not even support the new governor. You have cluttered the boards ever since he has become the governor proclaiming yourself as a better man/lizard for the job. May I also ask you what this new governor has done better then Siltaris so far? Nay, because up to this date Silas has done nothing but allow bandits into his guard and make a parchment. His promises were not legit, he should have followed up with some kind of major statement to the citizens of Trolls Bane and Inhabiter's of Gobaith. He did not.

Unsigned
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

I wasn't defending him.

F
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

A note is pinned into the wall with a dragon dagger. The hand writing is completely different than the others as if the note had been dictated to someone else.

It is time that the govenour realizes that there is no hope. He tried his best and has so far failed the people of Trolls Bane. Being that the new regime is vastly outnumbered, a full surrender is in order so that those in power now do not lose their diginty and respect. I must agree with those above. This has to end.

R.K.
Enwell van Illdoran

Post by Enwell van Illdoran »

Talliss, friend.

Before you really want to cause yet another storm which cause more spilled blood on the streets that people still are trying to clean...

Lets have a talk.

Enwell van Illdoran
Deuce

Post by Deuce »

People of Gobaith,

listen not to this idiotic lizard, for he knows not what he speaks. This pathetic morsel is still sour Siltaris has been banished, as his power hungry nature is not being nutured as of late.
Do not you see that it was this same fascist that strolled among the people of trolls bane mocking, cursing and spitting upon them, taking his childish temper out on innocents. The only reason this mongrel is trying to warp your minds, and foolishly ask you to place your necks on the line for a battle with no real meaning, is for the precious profit it will bring him alone, he aims for the throne for himself i tell you, and all the riches that will undoubtably come with it, why i wouldnt be surprised if it was infact he that payed the merchants to go on strike, leaving the people of trolls bane hungry and coinless for the time being. I know this fool all too well to know that he is one who knows how to take advantage, and lie of those impressionable and weak-minded among this isle, having them kiss his scaley webbed feet without remorse. Do you really think he wages war for your well being? Do you really think this vasad will sustain? Nay i tell you, with his lies come treachoury and one must take haste upon it.

The only practicle problem this town faces is the merchant strike, for i havent seen any of this killing or thievery that this joker speaks of since Siltaris was in power, have you? Realise that Siltaris was the money hungry wench many say she was, spending it all on her personal well-being by taking the sea-horse scenario as prime example, and laundering eye opening amounts to Taliss to keep his slithering mouth shut, perhaps even hiring bandits to rob you, to keep the crime rate up.

I ask of you people of Gobaith to think more carefully before listening to anything this Taliss pretender has to say, for he will stab you all in the back as he has many.

Many may claim me to be a bandit, though it is not the people of this isle I had problems with, though the hair pulling madness of the way Siltaris ran the town, where as Taliss is the real criminal here, and it is only in time that you will all come to realise this.

Take heed to these words, and do not risk death or bring it to others.

~Frederic Deuce Gretchen

p.s- when was having a Rothman on your side ever a good sign?
Julius

Post by Julius »

My question to you Deuce, is when has having a Rothman on your side not helped? Show me a time and a place. Usually the side wins. I will not even waste my time commenting on the rest of the crap in this post. Taliss will retire from all landling affairs after this war.

Julius Rothman
Llama

Post by Llama »

That can mean anything from fighting only wars which are one-sided, to being the champion of each battle.

I don't see any sense in your words Master Rothman

~I don't know my name~
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

Unfortunately Taliss, Since Silas took the role of government Crime rate has significantly dropped.

Things are alot more peaceful too. I haven't heard any arguements going on, I'm even finding myself helping townfolk with their problems, now that i am not getting attacked on sight.

-Grivijak
MacDoosh

Post by MacDoosh »

A disgruntled old halfling walks up to the board, a small note in his bony hand.

I, however, think the town is still in the pits. And will always be, no matter who is in charge. It's them filthy kids with sticky fingers that want to rob a senior halfling that makes me feel this way. My lands, you all fight like a bunch of teenage fools trying to prove who has the bigger muscles!

~ Sebastian Spoonbreeze ~
nmaguire

Post by nmaguire »

Julius wrote:My question to you Deuce, is when has having a Rothman on your side not helped? Show me a time and a place. Usually the side wins. I will not even waste my time commenting on the rest of the crap in this post. Taliss will retire from all landling affairs after this war.

Julius Rothman
This brings back memories of when Stephen lost Trollsbane...

~unsigned
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

Silas, you better recognize the signs of time and leave immediately...

unsigned
Kenneth Ladrus

Post by Kenneth Ladrus »

Tz, thats a endless fight. One side attacks, the other side attacks. Endless and senceless. Leave your weapons in the bags and depots. Please.

~Ladrus~
Taliss Kazzxs

Post by Taliss Kazzxs »

Enwell if you wish to speak with me feel fee to send me a dove as I am an easy Lizard to contact. Though if you wish to speak of postponing or preventing a rebellion then im afraid convincing me alone would end with no result as for what I have written was on behalf of countless others, others that are ready to fight for there freedom.

Regarding Deuce, what you have written is rubbish for I obviously have no intend of misleading or taking advantage of anyone. Once Silas has been removed from power in the upcoming days the old laws will go into effect and after a week to allow citizens to again join an election will take place consisting of the new and previous citizenship list combined. As it has already been written, once the town has been set free and the people are again in charge I shall take leave of Trollsbane, that being government and as a citizen to settle down for a more peaceful life with my mate and youngling far away from landling affairs. Who is banned after the town earns its freedom is not in any way my decision but a call at the discretion of the next governor. In the time before his or her appointing no one would be banned aside from those that would stand in the way of the peoples freedom.

Grivijak you say that crime has lessened though I would imagine it would not be hard to safe guard a hand full of people, most of which are not even in the town for safety of there own lives not to mention protection from there towns "defenders".

Silas you have basically written nothing aside from you have failed and you are opposed to being fought against...

To the unsigned writer who speaks of Stephen Rothman, I say I completely agree. Just as the people stood against Stephen and fought for there own rights, history shall again repeat that all those that fight shall have earned there freedom.

And to Lardus, Though you scribe of peace the price of that would be to give the approval of invading forces that may pillage and capture a town and saying it is not right for its citizens to oppose them, this certainly is the actions one would take to inevitably cause the most damage in the end.

I personally would very much like this to end with no blood shed that is why the option stays open that Silas may surrender.

~Taliss
Taeryon Silverlight

Post by Taeryon Silverlight »

((Translation))
Taliss Kazzxs wrote:Enwell, wenn ihr mich sprechen wollt, zögert nicht, mir eine Taube zu schicken. Ich bin keine Echse, die schwer zu erreichen ist. Wisset jedoch, dass ich alleine euch nicht helfen kann, wenn ihr die Rebellion verhindern wollt, denn ich schreibe diesen Anhang nur in Auftrag von und Zusammenarbeit mit unzähligen anderen. Anderen, die dazu bereit sind, für ihre Freiheit zu kämpfen.

Zu euch, Deuce, kann ich nur sagen, dass das, was ihr geschrieben habt, reiner Unsinn ist. Ich habe nicht vor, irgendjemand fehlzuleiten oder anderen zu bevorzugen. Sobald Silas die Macht entzogen wurde, werden die alten Gesetze wieder geltend gemacht werden und nach einer Woche wird eine Wahl stattfinden, mit allen die daran teilnehmen möchten. Wie ich bereits gesagt habe, werde ich, sobald wieder Frieden in Trolls Bane eingekehrt ist zu meinem Leben als Echse zurückkehren; zu meinem Sohn und meiner Frau und mich dem Leben der Landgebundenen abwenden.
Wer nach der Befreiung Trolls Banes noch von der Stadt gebannt sein wird, liegt nicht in meiner Entscheidungskraft, sondern in der, des neuen, rechtmäßig gewählten Stadthalters. Bis dieser gewählt ist, werden alle derzeitig aktiven Verbannungen aufgehoben sein. Alles andere würde den Völkern Gobiath's auf ihrem Weg zum Frieden im Weg stehen.

Grivjak, ihr sagt, dass die Kriminalitätsrate gesunken ist, aber dazu kann ich nur sagen, dass ich es mir nicht besonders schwer vorstelle, eine Hand voll Leute zu schützen. Noch dazu, wenn die Wachen der anderen Städte helfen und mehr als die Hälfte der Personen die Stadt nicht betritt, wenn er um sein Leben zu bangen hat.

Silas, ihr habt nichts weiter gesagt, als das ihr versagt habt und es trotzdem nicht verstehen könnt, weshalb man euch attackiert.

Zu demjenigen Schreiber, der seinen Namen nicht verrät und von Stephen Rothman spricht, kann ich nur sagen, dass ich ihm vollends zustimme. Genau wie die Leute aufstanden und gegen Stephen kämpfen, um ihre Rechte zu verteidigen, soll sich die Geschichte erneut wiederholen und allen, die kämpfen, ihre Freiheit wieder schenken.

Und Lardus, ihr sprecht von Frieden. Aber ist der Preis nicht zu hoch, wenn der Frieden bedeutet, dass eine Macht, die eine Stadt überwältigt und ihre Bürger unterdrückt und ihnen ihren Mund verbietet unbehelligt davonkommt?

Ich persönlich würde es immer noch sehr begrüßen, wenn dies alles ohne Blutvergießen geschehen könnte, indem Silas abdankt. Die Entscheidung liegt bei ihm.

~Taliss
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

Taliss, Do you simply ignore what Silas wrote? He simply stated that with your current raids on your opponents and neglect to wait for him to be able to do anything are not allowing him to make improvements. The city has no income other than what comes from their own pockets. Quite the opposite of Siltaris' style of government. Taliss, I have spoken to you and I realize you seek wealth. You do not understand there are many of us that would give much to have a third of your wealth.

~Dain~Laiden~
Pallas

Post by Pallas »

Unworthy undead creature,

your attack on the town called Trollsbane was on the 20th of Malas.
Today is the 5th of Olos.
Almost two month.

Yet you still beg for more time to "settle down" in your comfy new chairs.
You are like Salks, all talk and no action.

Crawl back into your grave.

Pallas,
Apothecarius of Albars Army
Llama

Post by Llama »

I don't know how crime has decreased, or the town has become safer.

I have been attacked by two demon skeletons, and a bunch of endless mummies, with no town guard to help out.

Perhaps crime has decreased, but so has the citizen list... And since an ex-bandit is now a citizen, I don't see why there SHOULD be any crime at all...

Otherwise, Zzyathis takes no formal stand on this matter, and I wish luck to the new, (or perhaps a newer) government which ends up trying to control the town.

~Szrenszor~
Couciller of Zzyathis
Kenneth Ladrus

Post by Kenneth Ladrus »

Taliss wrote:I personally would very much like this to end with no blood shed that is why the option stays open that Silas may surrender.
Oh come on! Noone of you cares about blood, or how many are dead. They just want to have force. It's sencless to fight about Bane, Bane already lost control years ago. Some fights, much blood, many death people cannot reorient years of bandits, thiefs, and intrigues.

Your just telling lies, lies, and lies. You care a shit about people are well or not, for you just the force counts!

~unsigned~
Frederick D'Aubigne

Post by Frederick D'Aubigne »

Silas Farron wrote:I prefer burning Troll's Bane to the ground and extincting it's citizens than to see it being lead by a fool.
Whenever you need tinder, let me know.
Last edited by Frederick D'Aubigne on Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

More like a mana potion.

~W.E~
Taliss Kazzxs

Post by Taliss Kazzxs »

It has happened, Silas has defected from the throne of trollsbane, leaving the damage behind, and escaping the turbulant civil unrest that existed under his rule. It is now time for the citizens to rise up again, and help repair the damage caused, and restore Trollsbane to the properous town it once was.

Very soon, the laws set down by Siltaris shall be restored, and the old citizenlist aside it, the new citizens appended to the list. I must stress that I am not in any way taking over the position of governer of the city, I just wish to help restore the town until a new government is appointed. Let us allow a dwarven week for citizens to return and for new ones to join, after that, nominations for the new governer shall be held, after which an election will take place.

We have stood together in these harsh times an accomplished early and peacefully our goal. I say to all of you brave citizens through Gobaith and peoples of the underground, congratulations to your new and liberated Town of Trollsbane.

~Taliss Kazzxs
Frederick D'Aubigne

Post by Frederick D'Aubigne »

Taliss Kazzxs wrote:It has happened, Silas has defected from the throne of trollsbane, leaving the damage behind, and escaping the turbulant civil unrest that existed under his rule. It is now time for the citizens to rise up again, and help repair the damage caused, and restore Trollsbane to the properous town it once was.
You want him to depart his position, and when he does you blame him for doing so?
~ Frederick D'Aubigne
Llama

Post by Llama »

I think the blame was more for the fact that an attack on Trollsbane took place in order to put him there, and then he departed, not even repairign the damage he caused, nor the damage Siltaris 'caused', which was the reason for him taking that position in the first place.

~Unsigned~
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

Apothecarius, You can rest well knowing I am in no form "undead". Any government that is in the interest of Troll's Bane will have my support as long as it does not have laws that ban any peaceful worshiping of any gods. Such laws as speaking down and lying to officials also have no business in Troll's Bane. We all have our own opinions and all have the right to keep to our own businesses. As a side note, I have no comfy chairs to rest in. Silas does no either. As I stated on the previous parchment, the current government gets no income from anywhere but it's own pockets.

Respectfully,

~Dain~Laiden~

((OOC NOTE: I am disappointed in the actions of GMs that have seeming taken the side of the opposing force to the new government. There has been a mummy attack, that talk in Hadrian's post of demon skeletons(Not sure if that is true or not.), the golem, and the merchant halt. All these things WERE done by GMs and or Devs. I am not for sure if this is intentional or not, but it is certainly an advantage to the opposing side for more than one reason. If this was all a coincidental accident, I suggest that such "Quests" and the like are taken into consideration on when they directly effect in game happenings amongst players that are not quest related.))
Pallas

Post by Pallas »

Ungodly being,

I saw you in your skeleton form at the attack of the insurgent Farron.
You can hide behind any disguise you like, you are still a rotten undead being in the end.

I will make sure the Iron Fist will judge you and cleanse the lands from your presence.

Pallas,
Apothecarius of Albars Army
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

Pallas, you are a prat.

- Retlak

((Siltaris actually died from a random event with mine and other peoples chars beating her up, completely nothing to do with the war battle))
Piggy

Post by Piggy »

Where me ask for be citzen?

oink