Elections of the Governor of Troll's Bane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

If you haven't kept yourself up to date with the recent political stances on this isle, Taliss has left the Lizard town quite some time ago. His vote is valid, sir.

Unsigned
Taliss Kazzxs

Post by Taliss Kazzxs »

Not to mention the Lizard "town" known as Zzyathis in not yet considered an official Settlement by the people, so far it is only a great dream. In a legal sense it would be the same as being part of say the miners guild while remaining a citizen of a town. I will also note that if any of the voters are pleased with the direction the town guard is going then do not vote for Edward. Me and him do not agree and it is very likely I would no longer be welcome with the Town guard, he would surly hire on some of his shady friends to take my place. The town would fall under very dark times under the leadership of this incompetent man.

~Taliss
Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

I would like to remind people that a person needs only one nomination. Some of you do not seem to grasp this point.

I would also like to see the various landowners in Trollsbane to have a vote. The ambassador of the Fluffy Sheep tavern being one of them. Those that own land have as much to gain or lose from a governor. It is only fair that they too receive a vote.

Skaalib
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

Mr. Cromwell wrote:The note is written with spidery handwriting

Siltaris might be good for Zzyathis, but is she really good for Trollsbane?

Sincerely yours

A Concerned Citizen
Governatorial Candidate

E. Cromwell
I could ask the same thing about you Cromwell, Are you really good for Trolls bane? It seems to me that you break laws of Trolls bane, Then run into the Fluffy Sheep tavern to avoid punishment, These do not seem like the actions of an honorable man OR someone I want as our town governor.

~Guard Evan Ross~
Richard Cypher

Post by Richard Cypher »

I nominate myself as Governor.

Arnok Marshun~ Recruit of Trollsbane Guards
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

There's a small (actually big but who cares right?) difference between something like a miners guild, and something that doesn't operate our of Trolls Bane, and has its own government. This has already happened before with Callith, he was from Vanima right up to his time of appointment, after the leaders said they wouldn't do any such things.

And I still don't get why Siltaris can't answer basic questions just because 'it's not the right time'? Aren't these things important to know?

Like, why have elections been delayed? Why was an unreliable guard captain hired, then not removed after months of being away? Why aren't new citizens allowed right now?

What's so difficult about that?

F
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

Fooser wrote: Why was an unreliable guard captain hired, then not removed after months of being away?
F
I agree, I think everyone in Trolls bane, Especially the guard has the right to know this. Although now that I think of it, He was voted in by most of the people (Except the town guard who I seem to remember voted mostly no). Also, Shouldn't the the Captain have been up to the Guards to appoint?

~Guard Evan Ross~
Troll's Bane

Post by Troll's Bane »

Arnok Marshun has been added to the list of citizens who are allowed to participate these elections, since he became citizen before the deadline.
Consequently, his nominations for candidate as Governor is valid. His name was added to the list of candidates.

~Siltaris~
Governor of Troll's Bane
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

Unfortunately, we all know Arnok is a cultist!

Brer Beothach
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

Evan Ross wrote:
Mr. Cromwell wrote:The note is written with spidery handwriting

Siltaris might be good for Zzyathis, but is she really good for Trollsbane?

Sincerely yours

A Concerned Citizen
Governatorial Candidate

E. Cromwell
I could ask the same thing about you Cromwell, Are you really good for Trolls bane? It seems to me that you break laws of Trolls bane, Then run into the Fluffy Sheep tavern to avoid punishment, These do not seem like the actions of an honorable man OR someone I want as our town governor.

~Guard Evan Ross~
This is coming from the shitfaced guardsman who, while acting as a guard of the town, tried (and still tries?) to hire assassins to come after me. What particular laws have I broken? What have you, you hairy turd? (This would be the harassment and framing I mentioned, you are just as (in)competent as I expected).

This sounds like a nasty case of Defamation, you ass.
Sincerely yours

E. Cromwell
Last edited by Mr. Cromwell on Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

Taliss Kazzxs wrote:Not to mention the Lizard "town" known as Zzyathis in not yet considered an official Settlement by the people, so far it is only a great dream. In a legal sense it would be the same as being part of say the miners guild while remaining a citizen of a town. I will also note that if any of the voters are pleased with the direction the town guard is going then do not vote for Edward. Me and him do not agree and it is very likely I would no longer be welcome with the Town guard, he would surly hire on some of his shady friends to take my place. The town would fall under very dark times under the leadership of this incompetent man.

~Taliss
Nonsense. Even a child can see that. We do not agree? About what? I've hardly spoken with you before the elections, at which point you said that you do not like me and that you would actively seek to work against me. That kind of spiteful outburst from someone I consider a stranger left me baffled, but I hardly expect you to form your opinions with logic or fairness, so I guess this was to be expected. It's not considered official? What's needed for that? Around these parts, declaration has usually done the job. It is a foreign town. You have been with it from the start. If you honestly believe what you just wrote then..

..The real question is: Is your helmet too tight, or did a golem hit you in the head one time too many? Occupational hazards, obviously. Maybe those help you to leech one or two silvers for the town, which you can use to help your "lizard dreamy mining guild without the ability to make decisions". Such a complex "organisation" (if you don't want to call a free nations with it's own name in order to spin things a little) surely needs some development aid.

To the most respectable Taliss (who still is illegally placed on the voter-list),
Edward Cromwell
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

Mr. Cromwell wrote: This is coming from the shitfaced guardsman who, while acting as a guard of the town, tried (and still tries?) to hire assassins to come after me.What particular laws have I broken?
E. Cromwell
Shall I make a list?

First off, Disrespect of Authority ("shitfaced guardsman", "Is your helmet too tight, or did a golem hit you in the head one time too many"
Second, Provocation ("shitfaced guardsman", "Is your helmet too tight, or did a golem hit you in the head one time too many"
Third, Defamation ("to hire assassins to come after me")

Shall I continue or do you get the point?

Also, It is common knowledge that I detest you and would arrest you given the chance. That doesn't mean I plan to have you killed.

~Guard Evan Ross~
nmaguire

Post by nmaguire »

I can fully testify that you tried to hire ME as an assasain to kill Edward Cromwell Evan. So don't even TRY denying it.

~Dominic Fisher
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

To the most feebleminded Evan Ross

First: You have no authority to disrespect, you criminal scum. Additionally, you are a shitface.
Second: Those were questions, not statements of fact (even though, I might have implied so).
Third: You are busted. (Not that I really expect anything to be done about that, strangely)

Not that I really expected you to comprehend at any point, I asked you for list of crimes that I commited before, not the crimes you made up after I wrote here.

As for the Tavern, I do spend a lot of time there, but not for once has a guardsman requested me to go outside to face the law. It just happens to be the tidiest, most amiable and best supplied place in the town. Not coincidentally, it's not under the management of Trollsbane.

Ross, you are not only an idiot, but a criminal idiot. (Thus fitting well in the ranks of the current establishment).

Sincerely
E. Cromwell
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

Mr. Cromwell wrote:To the most feebleminded Evan Ross

First: You have no authority to disrespect, you criminal scum. Additionally, you are a shitface.

E. Cromwell
Perhaps you should read the laws again,
e) Disrespect of Authority
Everyone who insults, defames or treats a member of the Town Guard or Government disrespectfully or derogatorily by words or actions commits crime in terms of the Criminal Law.
First: Lets see, I am a member of the Town Guard, and you have insulted me, Yup, Seems to me that is Disrespect of Authority.
c) Provocation
Everyone who constantly and vigorously importunes, provokes or insults someone else by verbal or physical actions commits crime in terms of the Criminal Law. To unsheathe a weapon and to try to inveigle someone to do illegal actions can be a form of Provocation too.
Second: It is still insulting, Even if it was only a question.

Third: I'm really interested in seeing your proof Mr. Fisher.

~Guard Evan Ross~
nmaguire

Post by nmaguire »

Testifying does not require proof. And I don't like liars...

~Dominic Fisher
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

Evan Ross wrote: First: Lets see, I am a member of the Town Guard, and you have insulted me, Yup, Seems to me that is Disrespect of Authority.
Ah. My most sincere apologies, Sir Shitface. If truth makes you feel insulted, you must be in for a hard knock life you scumbag.

To the most rotten apple of the rotten appletree (Evan Ross for clarification, because chances are he would not comprehend without some ..subtle hints),

E. Cromwell
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

e) Disrespect of Authority
Everyone who insults, defames or treats a member of the Town Guard or Government disrespectfully or derogatorily by words or actions commits crime in terms of the Criminal Law.
Isn't voting against the current ruler breaking this rule "e" of the list of laws? Because you're basically saying, through an action (or perhaps verbally as well) that the current person is doing a bad job and you'd much rather have someone else. That is in a way disrespecting authority. Or bringing up concerns about the guard, is also breaking this law. In truth such broad laws are unfair and wrong in their very nature.

Moving on to the problem of citizenship and the guard ... I can only wonder if you all are actually counting on people to be blind and stupid. Listen to what you're saying here, which is basically, anyone can get up, walk to an open place on the island, declare themselves a member of an outside group, and express their intent on creating a town and being a citizen of that town, THEN being able to walk back and run for governor, be able to vote, or be a guard. Caelum has similar status to the lizard place, can we all move there and support them, and still vote and be in positions of authority that require full time and loyalty? Four things prove your statements wrong:
1. The lizards have a citizen list. Guilds don't have a citizen list, they have a members list.
2. A government body.
3. Has and still does act as a separate diplomatic body.
4. It was accepted across the board during the last election that being apart of places such as Zzaythis or anywhere else constituted being apart of another town, and disqualifies oneself for being able to run or be a citizen, how can that have changed since then?

And lastly, it is still important to know why elections were delayed. There is no sensible reason they should have so I think many would be interested in hearing.

F
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

The note is written in hurry

It seems that the guard is after me now. As I predicted above.

There is no way you have a honest election. I know I'm hardly that nicest or most good man around, but at least I don't hide behind a mask of fairness while fixing elections.

Down with Taliss the Non-citizen, evil henchman! Down with Siltaris the Incompetent criminal! Down with Evan Ross, the assassin-hiring, foul smelling, gibbering idiot!

Faithfully yours

An opressent dissenter and a fellow citizen
E. Cromwell
Jonno

Post by Jonno »

Everyone, see what politics is doing for this town? I say do the sensible thing, tear up your ballot papers, for neither candidate has the credentials to govern this beautiful town.

I ask you, how either of two thirty something warriors could be capable of governing. Only life experience could possibly qualify someone. . So I say, throw down your ballot papers, and snub this farce of an election, until more suitable candidates be put forward.

~unsigned~
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

Cromwell,
You knew well enough you where breaking laws. I even told you, Yet you continued. That is why the town guard is now after you. Perhaps the next time you should think about what you are writing before you post it to the wall. Perhaps after your little ban is over you well start thinking?

~Guard Evan Ross~
Alytys Lamar

Post by Alytys Lamar »

A small note is written underneath

A damn nice town is Trolls Bane. A rat hole indeed. And Sir Evan Ross is a spy for Avalyon, a liar and he hired a man to kill Edward Cromwell cowardly.

unsigned
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

We speak truth!

Brer Beothach
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

Alytys Lamar wrote:A small note is written underneath

A damn nice town is Trolls Bane. A rat hole indeed. And Sir Evan Ross is a spy for Avalyon, a liar and he hired a man to kill Edward Cromwell cowardly.

unsigned
Let me see... If I was in fact a spy for Avalyon would I not have gotten him to kill Mr. Cormwell? Or better yet, Would I not have gotten the many servent Avalyon uses to kill him? Or still better, Would I not have filled out a wanted poster and created some false crime?

~Guard Evan Ross~
Last edited by Evan Ross on Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

Mister Cromwell jailed.....what a great shame to see this election stoop to this level. Taliss, it shocks me to see this use of the jails, it really does. I beg of you to cease this madness and to release Cromwell, if he shall promise to stop the senseless cursewords. Then we might have a good and honest election.

Skaalib
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

And what of the other crimes seen here? I think the accusation, followed by a person claiming to have been approached to do the deed of murder, is enough for at least a trial, investigation, or a mere suspension.

F
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

Fooser wrote:And what of the other crimes seen here? I think the accusation, followed by a person claiming to have been approached to do the deed of murder, is enough for at least a trial, investigation, or a mere suspension.

F
Yes, A trail seems like a great idea. That way, You well all see that I didn't in fact hire a man to kill Cromwell, And it well prove that you are all guilty of Defamation. So yes, I think I would enjoy a trail.

~Guard Evan Ross~
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Maybe things would be simpler... if you were all killed...

The lizard sticks his claws into the paper and leaves behind a clawmark

///
Jonno

Post by Jonno »

I think the elections must be delayed to have Edward Cromwell tried, and hopefully, found guilty!

unsigned
wolfsword

Post by wolfsword »

well i vote for arnok...since i may not be able to attend the elections/votings
-LT