The Amulet

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Kaila Galathil Travinus

The Amulet

Post by Kaila Galathil Travinus »

((open rp))

Kaila curls up next to the rock and closes her eyes thinking of the events of the last few days. The first was an old woman in Greenbriar that gave her an amulet..... an icebird amulet.

My oldest treasure! From a mage who came from Gobaith, of all places. I believe he did much study in the ancient temples to the north, to discover it's mysteries. He said he got it from a pile of items in Lor Angur. Apparantly it had some magical properties, but they could not discover them.

Kaila looks down at herself not even recognizing who she is as she stares at her hands and feet, then closing her eyes more events flash through her mind

Her beautiful amulet which at first gave her a warm feeling turned and started to hurt, she tried to take it off and before the curse started, it had embedded into her skin in the form of a multi-colored tatoo. Many people tried to help her to no avail. They searched the ruins and found a skeleton mage which gave them cryptic hints but that was it. An old chest revealed a hat, gloves, a robe, a staff a dagger, some silver, and a book.

Before Kaila finally slept, she thought about the words to the book again

"Ronas, 4. ...can't figure out what went wrong. The amulet definitely cannot be undone by magic alone...or perhaps there is some deeper secret that I..."

"R**as, * ....*ried working with potions from the local druids, but without *uch l**k..."

" ***** I have made a great discovery! Perhaps my poor apprentice will be returned to his original **rm soon..."

*next page* "...seems that it is linked to an ancient story of a witchwoman and a curse or some rabble..."

"One form trap*ed in the amulet, while the subject of the curs* is stuck with the fo*m of a terrible creature.."

"If I could only ****....switch the two essences, but how? ..."

*The next few pages are too faded to read, and those after begin describing a different expriment*
Last edited by Kaila Galathil Travinus on Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rudi

Post by Rudi »

Eugenius sits on a rock in the ruins and thinks about the words in the book.

"Switch two essences, but which essences and how? This dwarf said, that elements and essences are the same. Is he right?"

Eugenius leans back and closes his eyes.
Piggy

Post by Piggy »

*me sits on a stone and is thinking very hard.*

they don't want the amulet cut out of the skin.
they don't want the amulet be washed off with beer...
...ah! I got it! the amulet must be burned out!
but this kaila elf is a mummy!
mummies must not be in town.
better slay it, as slay all mummies?
and later cut out the amulet?

better me go, get firewood.
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

*the town was quiet as Eli made his way to the his local hang-out the tavern. It was obvious that winter was beginning to settle in as piercing cold burns his uncovered cheeks. Upon entering the tavern there is not a soul other than ole Borgate wiping his mugs and saying, "Arrr?" With a quick wave and polite, "Hello" he makes his way to the social hangout, Eliza's shop. No sooner than he reaches the entrance does he find a man that he only knows as Me Eats Piggie. After a brief conversation a dwarf that Eli doesnt know steps into the room and joins in the conversation. After everyone introduces each other and a few minutes of polite chit chat Eli poses the question that has been on his mind since he woke up, "Where is Kaila? Have either of you seen her?"

With one look from the dwarf Eli knew something was out of place. A knot begins to curl into the pit of his stomach. Silvia begins to thicken followed by a nauseating anxiety bubbling over into his extremities. His hands quickly clasp together and begin to moll over nervously. With a quick glance to the door he says meekly to others, "I must find Kaila."

Quickly his feet carry him to the door and out into the newly built town center. There is a small gathering two people blocking another figure. It is too hard to make out the other two as his head begins to spin. Suddenly he can hear weeping...... his senses rush back. That weeping he has heard reluctantly many times, unbeknown, his eyes begin to franticly try and find a clear view of the figure being blocked. Then like a lightning bolt two piercing brown soft eyes peer from behind the two figure now recognizable as an elfess and an orc. But they dont matter only those eyes can keep his attention only those eyes can lead him to the person he most disparately loves.

She weeps more words flood his mouth a vomit forth, "I know those eyes, Kaila!" But it isnt Kaila at all or what use to be the soft well natured beauty that he always kept a picture of in his mind. She was cursed that was the only explanation. This was obviously either a sick joke or some evil presence had tainted his angelic better half. Words of an evil mage or wizard told him all he needed to know. He must be there for her like she was for him not out of obligation but out of co-dependence.

Her sorrowful story was retold to him along with the man and dwarf that followed him out of Eliza's Shop. The only shred of a clue that Kaila could come up with was Irundar there were atleast five people standing around which was his immediate thought. He was never one to idle around when action could be taken. Quickly they rallied their numbers and set off, a lizard, elfess, orc, dwarf, male, and a mummy cursed Kaila. On any other day this would have been the most strange fellowship of people but not today there was a mission.

Hours maybe even a day later there return left them empty handed. Foiled by misfortune and ill planning they were not one step closer to healing the only thing that matter to him in this world. She was losing moral not even looking at him the same way and constantly hiding telling him to leave. However, like she did for him, he was not going anywhere. It wasnt like Eli to make rash decisions like he did by immediately taking everyone to Irundar, but he was blinded by love and sorrow for the pain Kaila was subjected to. He must be strong and stay the course Zhambra will guide you was his continuous thought process. He prayed for a miracle, would his prayer be answered?
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

William spoke upon reading the book.

"
Obviously the two essences are you and the curse. You and the icebird. I.. suppose you could try a ritual to try and switch the two essences."
Kaila Galathil Travinus

Post by Kaila Galathil Travinus »

Kaila, appearing slightly pale and a little weak, lays down to sleep with a large smile on her face whispering "Eli, I am me again" as she closes her eyes with a sigh and immediately starts to dream.

Nalcaryos, Rosendil, William, Eugenius, all trying to help her. The essence of herself was finally drawn out of the amulet into another with Nalcaryos performing the ritual. Even though both amulets were shattered, the creature was revealed. Kaila shivers in her sleep hearing the creature's voice again

You see me now in my weakened state, trapped for centuries in that amulet. But I...will be strong....The elfess has...sustained me. I have strength to recover...and then...you will know me. You ...will...see.