Food

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Tanistian_Kanea

Food

Post by Tanistian_Kanea »

i was wondering if it would be possible to have food fill the smaller creatures in the game more then the larger ones. by this i mean right now my 15 inch, 10 lbs fairy eats the same as my 60 inch 400 lbs dwarf. could it be made so they the smaller one, fairy, eats less?
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

a really good idea!

.... if a fairy cant carry heavy things, cant use big tools, etc. than they should feed easyer.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

It's just logical.
Karl

Post by Karl »

Yeah..
Munalunder

Post by Munalunder »

Ist jemand so freundlich und übersetzt mir mal eben kurz? Das was ich verstanden hab klingt interessant.
Cassandra Fjurin

Post by Cassandra Fjurin »

Korm Kormsen wrote:a really good idea!

.... if a fairy cant carry heavy things, cant use big tools, etc. than they should feed easyer.
exactly... in this case fairies shouldn't be able to wear large staffs, two handed weapons or heavy armor.

And fairies are the only race which comes to my mind for this case. Halflings, elves, dwarfes are nearly the same.
Cassandra Fjurin

Post by Cassandra Fjurin »

Munalunder wrote:Ist jemand so freundlich und übersetzt mir mal eben kurz? Das was ich verstanden hab klingt interessant.
Es geht darum das Feen und andere leichtere lebewesen weniger essen sollten damit sie satt sind. Jedoch müsste das auch nach sich ziehen das sie weniger tragen können bzw schwere rüstungen, zweihänder etc gar nicht verwenden dürften.
Tanistian_Kanea

to the devs, can this be implemented then?
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

It can, but I fail to see any use in this except "realism". Can you name a benefit for the gameplay?
Tinuva Geogroda
Location: A Tree In The Northern Forest, Oh Noes, The Northern Forest Is Mine Now!! Mwhahaha...

Post by Tinuva Geogroda »

Estralis Seborian wrote:It can, but I fail to see any use in this except "realism". Can you name a benefit for the gameplay?
my character doesnt shout anymore for cookies all the time?

Well, i must agree that for the rp nothing changes =/ but when we wouldn't let fairies wear heavy armor more fairies would take other jobs or things like that? Every tiny improvement is one I guess.
Tanistian_Kanea

other then realism? you mean you want it to someway give fairies an advantage in the game and thus make everyone want to be a fairy for that reason? like anyone who wants to be a smith created a dwarf, especially up till recently when the miners guild opened. till then everyone was becoming a dwarf to mine and smith. lizards can rapid fish, getting enough food to feed themselves till full within seconds anywhere in the world without poison. maybe it might just help rping involving fairies and food.
Fairy- i'm hungry can someone spare some food
random person - sure i can how much do you need?
fairy - oh not much, a couple of sausage is all
fairy- ((actually i need like 10 instead of 2 because estralis didn't see the point behind making food give more for fairies))
random person puts sausages on the ground (10) "there you are fairy"
random person two - 10 sausage? i thaught the fairy said a couple?

already fairies are more restricted to stuff then other races, we can't mine, chop wood, fight, smith armor, and still stay to the discription of a fairy, so why not make playing a fairy closer to playing a fairy to conteract all the stuff we can't do while playing a fairy.

i also would like to ask, for what reasons do you have that a fairy should eat the same as something FOURTY times it's wieght?

edit: tinuva has a good point, EVERY improvement is an improvement. you don't want to do this one because these things don't come up much? why would you do the next one that doesn't come up much? then the next after that, and after that, and the one after that. soon you got a list a foot long of little things that could be done to improve the game. this situation may happen 1 in 100 times or less. for now lets say 1 in 100. every other one has the same chance of coming up. we go from 1/100, to 2/100, 3, 4, 5,10/100. they will keep building up. what about getting arrows back when shooting things? no rp really changed here. just makes distance weapons EASIER and MORE REALISTIC. so why not make playing a fairy EASIER and MORE REALIST.
Elian

Post by Elian »

I say we all forget about the skills 'n food 'n stuff, and start roleplaying k?
Asesino

Post by Asesino »

Elian wrote:I say we all forget about the skills 'n food 'n stuff, and start roleplaying k?
<3
Tanistian_Kanea

fine you all think no all of a sudden. WHY? everyone thaught this was a good idea till mister sunshine estralis himself decided it wasn't, now everyone is hoping on the preverbial band wagon to get into a devs good books. one who most likely has never even played a fairy. why not actually give some of the special races something to make some people play them?
Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

Elian wrote:I say we all forget about the skills 'n food 'n stuff, and start roleplaying k?
I dont know why you keep making these same posts over and over again. I think we get the point. You really cant force anyone to do anything. If you wanna go and roleplay, why dont you do it instead of posting here?

I still think the proposal should be implemented really.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

You misinterpreted mister sunshine's post. First off, I stated one can implement this (it is like three lines of code). But I don't see the use in modifying the treatment of a single race in a single script. The idea itself is not bad or something, but it focusses on a very small aspect.

The named reason for this change is realism, I asked for gameplay aspects. You want to give faeries "an edge", that is a reason, all I asked for.

Which ratio would you suggest? I mean, how much should a faery have to eat compared to a human?
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

You know fairys can fly...if they wanted they could be the best thieves on the whole island..because noone could catch them..later they maybe get another magictree or something.
Tanistian_Kanea

i apologise then estralis. in reality they might eat a 10th of what humans do (10lbs compared to 150 to 200), but for gameplay reasons 2:1 or 3:1 only. if it was 10 then everyone would play a fairy because you just have to eat a pair of apples. as for flying, yeah people need to role play for that till devs put in flying.
Tinuva Geogroda
Location: A Tree In The Northern Forest, Oh Noes, The Northern Forest Is Mine Now!! Mwhahaha...

Estralis Seborian wrote:You misinterpreted mister sunshine's post. First off, I stated one can implement this (it is like three lines of code). But I don't see the use in modifying the treatment of a single race in a single script. The idea itself is not bad or something, but it focusses on a very small aspect.

The named reason for this change is realism, I asked for gameplay aspects. You want to give faeries "an edge", that is a reason, all I asked for.

Which ratio would you suggest? I mean, how much should a faery have to eat compared to a human?
I say implent it maybe... but not alone... if you got alot of small things do it together. It wont be much difference if you only implented this.

Oh and.. a fairy mabye eats 2/3 what a human eats?
Karl

Post by Karl »

Skaalib Drurr wrote:
I dont know why you keep making these same posts over and over again. I think we get the point. You really cant force anyone to do anything. If you wanna go and roleplay, why dont you do it instead of posting here?
Oh oh! But I do! Except, it's kinda funner when there's actually someone to roleplay with.
Tanistian_Kanea

Tinuva Geogroda wrote:
Estralis Seborian wrote:You misinterpreted mister sunshine's post. First off, I stated one can implement this (it is like three lines of code). But I don't see the use in modifying the treatment of a single race in a single script. The idea itself is not bad or something, but it focusses on a very small aspect.

I say implent it maybe... but not alone... if you got alot of small things do it together. It wont be much difference if you only implented this.

if this afected you you would want it. don't procrasinate just do it. and a 10 lbs creature eats only 2/3 of what a 200 does? well any will help but i would like to see 1:2 at least. keep in mind fairy max strength is 4.
Tinuva Geogroda

Tanistian_Kanea wrote:
Tinuva Geogroda wrote:

if this afected you you would want it. don't procrasinate just do it. and a 10 lbs creature eats only 2/3 of what a 200 does? well any will help but i would like to see 1:2 at least. keep in mind fairy max strength is 4.
Generally... little update: you can change the lbs of your character d'oh
Tanistian_Kanea

wieght... somewhat of an average. want me to get you the min max of each so i can get my point across?
Gro'bul

Re: Food

Post by Gro'bul »

Tanistian_Kanea wrote:i was wondering if it would be possible to have food fill the smaller creatures in the game more then the larger ones. by this i mean right now my 15 inch, 10 lbs fairy eats the same as my 60 inch 400 lbs dwarf. could it be made so they the smaller one, fairy, eats less?
But then the fairy wouldn't be able to work as long as the dwarf. But then you just have more frequent eating than the dwarf who can stuff down 2 cakes where the fair can only eat 1. So the fairy just ends up eating as much as the dwarf does to do the same amount of work.

Seems fair, but I think it will end up with more frustration in the long run.
maryday

Post by maryday »

IMHO: Nobody is forced to fill her/his healthbar till the mucuous skin of her/his stomach rips.

I think, the more a char eats, and works off again, the faster the bar will drop again...

cookie? i`m at 1/5 and feel really stuffed.

((btw. Dwarvens don`t count in this disussion, their most magical ability consists of a multidimensonal digestive anatomy.))
Tanistian_Kanea

fairies can already do less. i can only do about 250 to 300 actions, as a fairy, while nitram said that you should be able to do anywhere from 200 to 800. as you see, we are on the bottom. and they would be able to work for close to the same amount of time(maybe a little less), they just would not be able to lift the heavy things. you are think that less eating means less energy which means less done. you have to take into acount that a dwarf would burn the same amount of calories (energy) sitting around that a fairy would working for about a week. as well, a dwarf that can lift heavy items, uses more energy to lift those heavy items. since a fairy cannot lift these heavy items, they would not exhaust his energy the same. a fairies energy level would go down at the same rate lifting 5 to 10 lbs things as a dwarf's would 200 to 400 lbs things. also remember this might make it easier to play a fairy in the roles we can role play and maybe more people will actually play a fairy now as i am the only one i have seen in quite a while. as for the other special races, we need to find a reason for people to play those because it first people did it because they where new.
Dash

Post by Dash »

a fairy cannot do everything that everyone else can. If you do this, you might as well have any weapon they can use pretty much not hurt at all. How heavy of a sword can a 5 lb fairy carry? It wont hurt. Same for the bow. And you might as well make it so they can only craft handles because anything else would be to big and would take years with there little hand to craft. They are so weak the really shouldn't be able to craft at all unless it takes 5-10 times as long as normal. Either stop complaining or argue for the good and the bad if you are going for realistic qualities
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Dash wrote:a fairy cannot do everything that everyone else can. If you do this, you might as well have any weapon they can use pretty much not hurt at all. How heavy of a sword can a 5 lb fairy carry? It wont hurt. Same for the bow. And you might as well make it so they can only craft handles because anything else would be to big and would take years with there little hand to craft. They are so weak the really shouldn't be able to craft at all unless it takes 5-10 times as long as normal. Either stop complaining or argue for the good and the bad if you are going for realistic qualities
The fact that they have maximum 4 strength already guarantees they won't be strong with a sword.
Tanistian_Kanea

can we get rating on this?