Subplots.....

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Subplots.....

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Alright, I'm kind of annoyed now....

Why is it everytime someone wants to have a meeting, some jerk has to introduce some way to screw it up????

Can't we just Role-play in peace???

It's hard enough getting people together, and the server doesn't crash or freeze.....without some jerk ruining the meeting for the rest of us....

For example...The meeting for the Academy....Flies out of someone's mouth because of a potion they drank? Was this necessary????

Please be respectful of the fact that most of the people there are there for a meeting and not to give your little subplot attention!!!!

This happens way to often and I'd like it to stop please?
Just respect the fact that people need to meet for various reasons and it shouldn't be a time for one individual to disrupt the main plot. That just sucks!!
Thorvald

Post by Thorvald »

I don't think you have noticed it yet, but this game is a MMORPG. This means that there are more people than only you ingame. Therefore it sometimes happens that things don't run the way you want it.
Sometimes those things are called 'quests'. And that doesn't only happen to you.

Secondly I would suggest you to arrange a meeting not within the most visited place in the *whole* game, like the Trolls Bane tavern. GMs and other people who love to entertain for sure will not excessively try and find you to 'annoy' you with their 'attention-seekening sub-plots'.

Also, a single punctuation mark after a sentence is enough for us to understand you.

- Thorvald
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

It wasn't even my meeting.....
I was there trying to enjoy it....
It's just very annoying cause it happens all the time, and not just GM's.

If there's a quest, it should be advertised as such to allow people who want to do it, to participate. I thought this was the rule?
Lance Thunnigan

Post by Lance Thunnigan »

Juniper Onyx wrote:It wasn't even my meeting.....
I was there trying to enjoy it....
It's just very annoying cause it happens all the time, and not just GM's.

If there's a quest, it should be advertised as such to allow people who want to do it, to participate. I thought this was the rule?
Don't setup your meetings in the middle of the taverne next time. Seems logical to me.
(Seeing as this has happened before, and usually people learn from such things.)
Thorvald

Post by Thorvald »

Juniper Onyx wrote:If there's a quest, it should be advertised as such to allow people who want to do it, to participate. I thought this was the rule?
Such a rule doesn't exist and for sure never will. Where would be the fun if I announce every event I'm going to perform ingame.

You had no announced meeting, I had no announced quest. Call it bad luck.
Calenleia

Post by Calenleia »

The meeting was announced, it was the opening of the academy..... 8)
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Umm...meetings are always announced.

I don't know where you get off saying that we didn't advertise these meetings? Read the RPG and Guild boards.

Your quest wasn't advertised.

Soo...again...the question is, was it really necessary? Did it in anyway contribute to the general atmospere of the game? Did it enhance everyone's enjoyment?

I don't think so.
Thorvald

Post by Thorvald »

Calenleia wrote:The meeting was announced, it was the opening of the academy..... 8)
I'm sorry for it then. But still: An important meeting in the middle of Trolls Banes most visited place - sorry but it's partially your own fault then.
Athian

Post by Athian »

if it's a quest of sorts, in any sense of a quest actually, the person advertising the quest. should do so once or twice. if no one is interested they should move to another area and find different people. if you get some people whom are interested and some whom are not, take those people with you to a different area and speak with them here. plenty of rp ways for both those things. this way other whom aren't interested are only moderately disturbed by the interuption.

thats how i see it anyway
Lance Thunnigan

Juniper Onyx wrote:Umm...meetings are always announced.

I don't know where you get off saying that we didn't advertise these meetings? Read the RPG and Guild boards.

Your quest wasn't advertised.

Soo...again...the question is, was it really necessary? Did it in anyway contribute to the general atmospere of the game? Did it enhance everyone's enjoyment?

I don't think so.
It enhanced the players who participated enjoyment. As Thorvald said before, you're not the only player InGame.
Last edited by Lance Thunnigan on Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Yes Thorwald, I agree. I would never hold a meeting in such a public place, but then like I said, it wasn't my meeting.

But it seems, no matter where you hold a meeting, someone's gonna try to ruin it. Where's the fun of that?
Last edited by Juniper Onyx on Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorvald

Post by Thorvald »

Athian wrote:if it's a quest of sorts, in any sense of a quest actually, the person advertising the quest. should do so once or twice. if no one is interested they should move to another area and find different people. if you get some people whom are interested and some whom are not, take those people with you to a different area and speak with them here. plenty of rp ways for both those things. this way other whom aren't interested are only moderately disturbed by the interuption.

thats how i see it anyway
Depends on the 'size' of the quest. When I'm ingame doing some player entertainment I will not announce it, for that would be pretty senseless.
Juniper wrote:Yes Thorwald, ...
It's Thorvald.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Oh please excuse him for getting one letter of your gm name wrong :roll: . And it is true that there's always someone who comes in on a meeting. And it seems pretty strange to me that quests happen when there are meetings. You could say that "most people are online then" but c'mon, we don't want these things to happen to our meetings. Those people come online to come to the meetings, not so a gm can ruin it. Announcing quests gets tons of more players than player run meetings, which are there so their character can meet and not be annoyed by something.
Lance Thunnigan

AlexRose wrote:Oh please excuse him for getting one letter of your gm name wrong :roll: . And it is true that there's always someone who comes in on a meeting. And it seems pretty strange to me that quests happen when there are meetings. You could say that "most people are online then" but c'mon, we don't want these things to happen to our meetings. Those people come online to come to the meetings, not so a gm can ruin it. Announcing quests gets tons of more players than player run meetings, which are there so their character can meet and not be annoyed by something.
What's done is done. I think we can get this topic locked now.
Thorvald

Post by Thorvald »

Very well, how about this:

I did not intentionally disturb the meeting and I'm sorry that I stumbled into it and I will be more attentive next time.
Just do me and the other RP GMs the favour and choose a better place for comming meetings.
Those people come online to come to the meetings, not so a gm can ruin it.
I know that some of the community have this opinion, but I assure you that we GMs are not evil and don't come ingame to ruin your whole fun. Actually we are spending our free time to entertain you bit. And since we are humans too, it sometimes happens that it doesn't take the effect we wanted.
Announcing quests gets tons of more players than player run meetings, which are there so their character can meet and not be annoyed by something.
I use to announce quest when I do some, or least announce them ingame with broadcasts. When I'm entertaining players, I do not, like I said before. I still think it's understandable, and those who I caught already to entertain will for sure be able to tell you, that it is more fun this way.

- Thorvald
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

I havn't bothered reading everything, but I have one thing to state.
How would your char know, when a quest is announced in ooc anyway? That's right, he/she wouldn't.

My vision.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Fair enough, but c'mon use your initiative. You're a gm, you can see when people are having a meeting and so you can tell if they don't wish to be disturbed. Sure if you find some bored people, give em some fun; but if people are busy, could you please just try not to piss em off?
Japheth

Post by Japheth »

Let me put it in a way that Thorvald is too nice to. If you don't want to participate in the quest, Juniper, just go away. Take your meeting, shindig, latest attempt at usurping somebody to another location. More often than not the GM will stay in one location with their event and you can go and drearily roleplay in your little clique.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

*sighs*

I didn't understand what the problem is....Thorvald did a nice littel quest, it isn't his fault if you wasn't willing to enjoy it.

Maybe I think so, because my Char was the "flies-spiter", but come on, do you really think he was plannig to disturb you?
You should also take a look at the fact, that he wanted to enjoy us, the players, and I can say, he enjoyed me.