How powerfull should an "archmage" be?

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Cuthalion

How powerfull should an "archmage" be?

Post by Cuthalion »

I think a mighty mage, should be an extremely mighty char, and a lot more "dangerous" than a mighty warrior. This should take a long time though, and there should be very few mages. If the fire is as dangerous as it is said, I think it should get a little less dangerous, and that one instead should make the other spells more dangerous.

Please post you views. I know there are many similar threads, but I hope this one will stay on topic. Delete it if it is too similar.
Asesino

Post by Asesino »

I think there is the magic discussion. and even more appropriate. this will just lead to the common bitching warriors against mages.
Atuan Silverheart

Post by Atuan Silverheart »

Man, this has been in debate since ever...
Samantha Meryadeles

Post by Samantha Meryadeles »

Well...archmages are the most powerfull mages...and honestly, just gm's and questers will ever play one since a player will never be able to reach an archmages skill level.

So yes...an archmage is VERY powerfull.
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Fooser wrote:Magic...what a debacle
Hu'greu

Post by Hu'greu »

I have no problem if they make it as hard as smithing to become a archmage

:P
Samantha Meryadeles

you are funny...it is far more hard. Becomming an archmage is the most difficult ingame. it is as good as impossible.
Hu'greu

Post by Hu'greu »

well then

I guess I cant complain
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

Samantha Meryadeles wrote:you are funny...it is far more hard. Becomming an archmage is the most difficult ingame. it is as good as impossible.
You do realise archmage is also just a mere title? So acquiring it is technically not impossible.
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

Arch mage?

William Elderberry's situation is by far harder to get to. How can someone be so n00by?
Samantha Meryadeles

To aquire that title the mage has to master more than just one of the 5 skills. For me an archmage is a mage who mastered all the spells and is able to cast them all.
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

Samantha Meryadeles wrote:To aquire that title the mage has to master more than just one of the 5 skills. For me an archmage is a mage who mastered all the spells and is able to cast them all.
I know hun wun, but there are managers out there in the real world whom don't know smile, yet are given that title. Ah, never mind, I'm just nitpicking.
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

Samantha Meryadeles wrote:To aquire that title the mage has to master more than just one of the 5 skills. For me an archmage is a mage who mastered all the spells and is able to cast them all.
That's just the technical aspect. I'd much rather have an well-played Archmage with lacking technical skills, than one that is poorly played but is technically the master.. Because the two do not automatically coincide, y'know? :wink:

It's something which IMO requires some technical skills, but more importantly a long time character who is well played.
Cuthalion

Post by Cuthalion »

No, no. "archmage".... Like in great mage. And think that mages should be a seldom fight, but very powerfull. that few should vbe born with the gift. maybe one should have tp aply to be allwed to play one
Cuthalion

Post by Cuthalion »

sight*
Markous

Post by Markous »

Discuss in the Magic Discussion topic.

Topic closed.