Library and new players

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Gisela

Library and new players

Post by Gisela »

I wasn't sure which forum to post this in so decided to put it here. This is a question and a request.

I can understand why a lot of new players first come to the library, but it makes it hard on the other chars (at least the ones who don't want to or can't fight well) to be able to use the library especially when half the new players tend to be slash and kill and know nothing of rp. Notice I said half because I've also met some very good new chars willing to learn and had read the manuel.

If possible, can new players come to Gobiath somewhere else besides the library or if this is the case already, have a back exit from the library?

It would also be nice to have another library in Gobiath.
Azuros

Post by Azuros »

I vote to have the spot where you would be at if you teleport to Trollsbane
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

There are other places where there are books. I also think another newbie spawn in Troll's Bane would be nice. Prehaps at the cross? Most of them do not know where it is so I think that would help if they happened to die in their first day.
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

Azuros wrote:I vote to have the spot where you would be at if you teleport to Trollsbane
That is to far off other players, we don't want newbies walking randomly on the island. I for one want them to play and interact with older players.

(Sorry if i double posted).
Azuros

Post by Azuros »

The west exit of Trollsbane is honestly not that far away in my opinion
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

Yes, but to a newbie it is away from active people. The Troll's Bane shop(within hearing distance of the cross) is probobly one of the most active stops in the game and a great newbie info source. There they get quik access to depots, merchants, and other players.
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

I suggest the skeleton woods... :D
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

*laughs*
Survival of the fittest
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

The second level of the cemetary would be even better ;-)
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

I went there once, safe to say i left straight away.
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

No, the noob tutorial island first and then drop them out by Morgan infront of Eliza's shop where they can figure everything out. I always thought the library was such a random place to start, I mean, to think about it, what place will a noob go to most times to find someone? Not the Library but Elizas Shop and certainly the memory of the place would come in handy when they are entirely disoriented after walking 10 feet out of trolls bane.
Gisela

Post by Gisela »

Lrmy wrote:There are other places where there are books.
I have heard that but it tends to be a well-kept secret even IG or others don't know it either.

For lack of a newbie island though, Eliza's or near would be a good choice
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

I do believe the grey refuge has a rather impressive library.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Academy isle has the biggest library on Gobaith. If you want rp books, go anywhere (e.g. the tavern). If, however, you actually want to read the books there you'll have to go to TB library.
swish1

Post by swish1 »

I see a point here..Why do none of the other cities have libraries???
Dantagon Marescot

They have never decided it was worth building one, I guess. Tolls bane was the orginial city, so it was probably created to look more like a well developed city. I am not sure what city came next, though I figure most of them haven't really decided that they needed to build a library.
Azuros

Post by Azuros »

Vanima had a library last time I checked, it just lacks books >.>
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

It was Trolls Bane then Silverbrand then Greenbriar came before Varshikar was official and then Vanima was built when the new server was used and thats it I think.
Dantagon Marescot

And now the Lizard city, Ork city(?) Nordmark, and Calum. At least I think that is the order officialy. Something like that, but the main ones are what you listed.
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

I think the funny thing is you left out Kallahorn but Kallahorn is probably the most advanced of all of them (oh except Bloodskull cave.. I think that came after Varshikar but before Vanima)
Dantagon Marescot

I left out Kallahorn because it doesn't offically exist yet. It only exists to the knights and people (Retlak) who have been in the area. It doesn't have an offical town board yet. I'm only mentioning offical towns. But yeah, I know Kallahorn is there. We still don't have a library.
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

i think, Caelum was founded before nordmark.
and concerning libraries, i've got a strong feeling, that nordmark will stay a white space on any educational map....
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Korm Kormsen wrote:i think, Caelum was founded before nordmark.
and concerning libraries, i've got a strong feeling, that nordmark will stay a white space on any educational map....
Caelum has been an ongoing organisation since Febuary.
Voldar

Post by Voldar »

(( I just think a good place to start the game from would be the tavern or Neebar's shop. It would be as if you have come from a long journey and have woken up after resting or have gone to the local tavern to ask the locals about the land etc))
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Post by Avalyon el'Hattarr »

I think this:
How about giving the player the possibility to choose his starting town, after he reads a small description off all?
This would help at populating the other towns too.
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

Maybe the seahorse, but the tavern would totally suck as a starting place. You get stabbed to the back by random noobs enough as it is in the tavern. No reason to bring them ALL there.. :roll: :wink:
Kaila Galathil Travinus

Post by Kaila Galathil Travinus »

They could all be put in jail for a few IG hours, enough to learn this is not a slash and kill game and to learn a little bit about IG and OOC (maybe have a secret code listed in the manual, if read the char can leave) :lol:
Voldar

Post by Voldar »

I like Avalyon's idea. But I suppose depending on the race, most players should start at different places anyway. It's seems pointless to assume that an orc or lizard for example would want to enter Trolls Bane library for help.....but then there are more humans than any other race so it is easier to find help in Trolls Bane if you start there
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

Every character would have to be a prisoner, no waai, unless they're all beautifull females and someone hands Kevin some rope,some gags,some blindfolds, and some other fun stuff. :roll:

A newbie island would fix most, and as soon as we have that I'd say they could choose, yeah.
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

Avalyon has a point. (even if i hate, to admit it)
:wink: