pushing

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Hu'greu

pushing

Post by Hu'greu »

If im correct I believe we should have to do a #me before actually pushing someone?

Should we do a tries to push too? Im wondering because I got into a fight earler today and someone was doing a lot of pushing and not #me it
Quinasa

Post by Quinasa »

Always remember: when in doubt #me. #me-ing anything never hurt anybody and it surely helps to cut down on unnecessary OOC problems and excess OOC discussion ;]
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

IMHO You don't have to #me anything you can do through the games technical aspects. #me drawing your sword. But there's no point going #me slashes.

Its the same with pushing, they can see you are pushing them. If there are others around, maybe a #me to let them know who it is pushing them.
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

If it is a critical situation and the pushing could have serious consequences (like pushing someone from a roof), there should be a #me, IMO.
Noglik

Post by Noglik »

If it is a volatile situation like a stand off where it could get violent then I think there should definetly be #me's
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

Since there is no "saving throw" against pushing from the other side, it should be minimzed and not used in critical situations.

Pushing someone into a portal for example could be considerd as abusing of a bug / game weakness, if its heavily abused.
This was however not the case yet, or I could not withness it at least.
xEleas

Post by xEleas »

Personally, I believe a #me should be written if you want to push someone. Not necessarly a "tries" but, a #me.
E.g:

#me gently moves the lady over to clear the passage ( A guard )
#me roughly pushes the man aside, grabs the coins and runs ( Thief )
#me tries pushing the man aside but fails ( Small child against guard )
Nop
Developer

Post by Nop »

Nalzaxx wrote: Its the same with pushing, they can see you are pushing them. If there are others around, maybe a #me to let them know who it is pushing them.
Actually, if there are several people around, there is no way to tell who of them did push you. Therefore a #me is imperative. Also you need to know how you were pushed to continue RP. I'd say it is always required when pushing and you should not push several times in quick succession, always #me and give the pushed a chance to react.
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

Nop wrote:
Nalzaxx wrote: Its the same with pushing, they can see you are pushing them. If there are others around, maybe a #me to let them know who it is pushing them.
Actually, if there are several people around, there is no way to tell who of them did push you. Therefore a #me is imperative.
Which is what I said.
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

Bonjour, I return with my newb queries, how does one push?
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

bellringer wrote:Bonjour, I return with my newb queries, how does one push?
Click and drag to a square next to their current square.
Gabon Corad

Post by Gabon Corad »

#me's should alway be used when pushing and never in a forced RP way....for example Gabon is a rather large orc, he of course is well skilled with a large axe meaning his is rather strong and would need good ballance so he is not easey to push at all. Thus the person doing the pushing should have to Attempt to push: Ex: #me tries to push the orc to the side
and never just plan : Pushes the orc to the side for Gabon among with many others would not be easy to push...thus #me's in pushing should be required
Rugh'toh

Post by Rugh'toh »

indeed, pushing characters around is rude and bad RP, if it is not descrbied by #me
Especially when your char is pushed twice immediatly one after the other by a stupid elfe and thus falls down a ladder without any warning. Due to graphic glitch the char is looking for the ladder and finaly finds it after having lost lots of energy... aaaarrrrr :roll:

So, always emote your pushing - and yes, especially when you push a heavy orc!