stat points?

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Toes

stat points?

Post by Toes »

hi im new to the world of illarion, what do the stat points do? i wish to be quite a good character.

i wanna be a rogue guy that uses bow
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

pharse

Post by pharse »

Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

Wait, i do believe you attacked me earlier without any good roleplay reason.

I was the dwarf.

You must say stuff like #me sneaks up cautiously on the dwarf etc.

You can't just attack them.
Noglik

Post by Noglik »

just give him time to warm into the game becuase you might get him banned with a post like that.
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

Yes but the rules should be read first.
Toes

Post by Toes »

wait who are you talking about? i havent even roleplayed yet.
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

No, i'm sure a rogue archer came and attacked me today...ah well, might be wrong, it was just number.
xEleas

Post by xEleas »

Welcome Toes.

Before you start playing, make sure you read the manual, and know the concept of roleplaying, or you'll get flamed to China!

Once you've read a few RPG posts, the rules, the manual, and KNOW what roleplay is, then you can create a character.
Stat points are explained in the links the first two replies gave you.

When you decide to create a character, you should just use the default attributes that come with a button at the create a character page. Choose what kind of character you wish to create and select the default attributes. They're well choosen.

Keep in mind that if you seek help from online players, talk to them OOC (Out-of-character) by using double parentheses, (( Like that )) or #o <message>

For instance:

Me says: Greetings sire, would you mind showing me around the land? I have recently arrived.
(Roleplay request of help)

Me says: #o Hey, could you help me out? I just started.

The message will appear as: (( Hey, could you help me out? I just started. ))

After you've learnt the basics of the interface (How to move, attack, consume, equip, etc..) try not using OOC anymore, and start having fun roleplaying!

Oh and wander around the forums, there's a few players who offer their help, you can add them on msn if they agree. Even though I don't play the game anymore, you can add me too: lilbuddy4eva@hotmail.com

Good luck!