A post on the town board of Greenbriar

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Achae Eanstray

A post on the town board of Greenbriar

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Achae's *eyes look sad and with slightly shaky hands she pins the long parchment to the official board. She rereads the parchment and sighs.

To all citizens of the town of Greenbriar,

Greenbriar has been without a Mayor for quite some time. As the remaining official of the town, it is my sad duty to request nominations to fill this much needed position. It appears Mayor Rumil will not be returning, I can only hope he is well.

Please post your nominations for the position of Mayor here, or talk to me. There will be a meeting to vote in a week's time.

Achae Eanstray
Alderwoman of Greenbriar
swish1

Post by swish1 »

I thought Rumil Togrin was given the position of Mayor by Dusty?

-Ssafar
nmaguire

Post by nmaguire »

Maybe if you could read, you could see that Rumil is missing.

~Dominic Fisher~
Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

This shall not do! Is the mayor kidnapped as the rumours suggest? If so it is an outrage. I propose this first, before first doing this nomination process: We hunt for the dogs that take the mayor! I may only be a duel-citizen, but this is the only choice in my eyes.
~Skaalib
steckenthis

heftet einen zettel an

Post by steckenthis »

nun, liebe bürger, das eine tun, das andere nicht lassen....

ich bin dafür, dass man mit allen mitteln nach dem verblieb von bürgermeister rumil forscht.
gleichzeitig ist es wichtig, eine funktionierenden rat zu haben mit einem bürgermeister, der sich um unsere gemeinschaft und unser dorf kümmern kann.

gehabt euch wohl

Arnold Winkelried
Theon

Post by Theon »

I suggest you put a temporary person in leadership of the town until Rumil has been found, that is if you're looking for him.

~Lord Cawdor~
Michael Zanar

Post by Michael Zanar »

I have limited knowledge of Rumil, and I have never met him. But as a follower of Zhambra and a member of the Order of the Light I am offering 20 silvers to anyone who knows of this Rumil or who has kidnapped him. Please send me a dove if you wish to speak about this. I will not tell your name nor what you looked like.

Michael Zanar
Member of the Order of the Light
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Michael Zanar wrote:I have limited knowledge of Rumil, and I have never met him. But as a follower of Zhambra and a member of the Order of the Light I am offering 20 silvers to anyone who knows of this Rumil or who has kidnapped him. Please send me a dove if you wish to speak about this. I will not tell your name nor what you looked like.

Michael Zanar
Member of the Order of the Light
Achae *places a small note next to this and has a hopeful look on her face

Thank you kind Sir, if you find out some information on Mayor Rumil, or our missing Alderman Foraker, I would appreciate you sending a dove to me or Mark Strongarm who is General of the militia in Greenbriar.

Achae Eanstray
Alderwoman of Greenbriar
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Cawdor wrote:I suggest you put a temporary person in leadership of the town until Rumil has been found, that is if you're looking for him.

~Lord Cawdor~
Achae *adds a small note in precise handwriting next to this

Thank you Sir for the suggestion, and I will leave that decision to the citizens of Greenbriar in our meeting next week.

Achae

Achae *adds in less precise handwriting on the side of the note
Yes, we have been looking for him.

((OOC: Is next saturday 20:00 GMT, which is 21:00 german time and the afternoon in US-countries good for all unless they are found?))
Paladin of Light

Post by Paladin of Light »

I have been searching for Rumil for a while. Long before this post was made. I have found no traces of him whatsoever. I am sorry but I fear something terrible has happened to him. Please everyone hope for the best.

Sincerely,
Recruit Mason Tremont of the Holy Order of Zhambra
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

I am no citizen of Greenbriar, but I think Achae should take over as she is the only alderwoman left. It only seems right, at least until Rumil is found.

--Dantagon Marescot
--Squire of Kallahorn
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

You are jumping a bit soon aren't you Paladins? If there was a kidnapping there would have been demands, that is in essence the point of kidnapping anyone, to get something out of it. As there has been no demands issued and this mayor has been missing for some weeks we can only assume he has left for urgent family business.

I think it shouldn't be forgotten that this Mayor, Rumli, was just a temporary replacement by Dusty Bottoms I believe and had never been properly voted in anyways.

If there is no evidence to suggest Rumli has been kidnapped the Knighthood has numerous people around the Briar for us to act quickly and see him saved. But forgive me for being optimistic.

Stephen Rothman
Knight of Kallahorn
Quinnalin Puideraline

Post by Quinnalin Puideraline »

Dantagon Marescot wrote:I am no citizen of Greenbriar, but I think Achae should take over as she is the only alderwoman left. It only seems right, at least until Rumil is found.

--Dantagon Marescot
--Squire of Kallahorn

*a small bit of ink is scrawled untidily along the edges*

I second the sentiment! :) -Quinnalin
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

For a month I have searched for any information regarding Rumil and Forakers dissapearance. While it does seem odd that two aldermen go missing at the same time, I have no evidence whatsoever to say it is a kidnapping. Any in formation is obviously appreciated. Achae, you have done a wonderful job of upholding Greenbriar's laws and relations. I will not be able to attend the meeting at the time scheduled.

Mark Strongarm
steckenthis

neue mitglieder

Post by steckenthis »

für den rat.....
?????
vorübergehend
???????
kurios und doch richtig....
wann finden die wahlen statt?
swish1

Post by swish1 »

Skaalib Drurr wrote:This shall not do! Is the mayor kidnapped as the rumours suggest? If so it is an outrage. I propose this first, before first doing this nomination process: We hunt for the dogs that take the mayor! I may only be a duel-citizen, but this is the only choice in my eyes.
~Skaalib

*Ssafar comes and reads the town board quickly and goes back to the forest
Rumil, was a sincere friend of mine and I shall not just let him go that easy.. I am in serious training right now in the Forest. Hopefully, the idiots will return him before I return...unhurt.. Or else..Skaalib, I am with you...send me a dove if you need anything..This is a warning for the Kidnappers give him back! And I have read earlier in this post.. Stephen suggests him just leaving..but I know Rumil he would just leave like that without getting a new mayor..as he is a responsible man.
signed,
-Ssafar Zakarrr
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

* reads the notes posted, having a hopeful look on her face. Finds more ink and parchment in her storage and begins to write another note.

Dear citizens of Greenbriar,

I very much hope that Mayor Rumil and Alderman Foraker will be found and appreciate all that look. I am hoping there will be new leads soon.

*gives a sigh and continues to write in precise handwriting

I have been asked to fill in as temporary Mayor for Greenbriar for a month or so to give us more time to look for them and have accepted if no citizen from Greenbriar objects.

*smiles as she continues to write
Due to my time being limited, an apprentice of the Druids among other concerns, I have asked Mark Strongarm to help with the business concerns of the town and he has accepted.

* has a twinkle in her eye thinking of the expressions on their faces when asked
I have asked Miru Yukimitsu, and Thorfast von Marin to be temporary Aldermen since the town needs leadership. I hope they will accept also.

If there are no objections, nor posts to the contrary, our meeting can be postponed for a month or until need for a permanent decision, or permanently if our leaders return.

Achae Eanstray
Possible Interum Mayor of Greenbriar
Druid Apprentice

*pins the note to the town board, carefully re-reads the note, picks up her pen and adds a small note at the bottom.

Pia Dandelion has agreed to help with translation as much as he can
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

with a lively step and a big smile, she walks to the board, sets down her hatchet and pins this message

I have heard from Mayor Rumil, he is in a far away land but is well. He has not left nor forgotten Greenbriar and plans to pick up his duties as soon as he is able to return.

looks at the letter in her hand from the Mayor and re-reads it

"One day a while back (I'm not certain when as I have no idea how long it has been since this occured), I went for a walk in the forest. I went enjoying nature and generally taking the day off from my duties so that I had a fresh mind for the upcoming events including the Trial and a Meeting with the leaders of Zzyathis. I lay down to take a nap on the soft forest floor, and when I woke, I was not where I had lay down. I am quite lost, and hope this dove can find its way to you.

If I don't get back in time and haven't already missed it, I would like you, Mark, and Foraker to attend the meeting that was taking so long to find a date for with the leaders of Zzyathis. I hope that Greenbriar can find peace and trade with them."

Achae Eanstray
Alderwoman of Greenbriar
Acting Mayor of Greenbriar

brushes some damp hair from her face, picks up her hatchet and walks toward the woods