Deep Insight

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

swish1

Deep Insight

Post by swish1 »

What the heck happend in Illarion? We used to be a happy group and have fun. But, all of a sudden people start leaving, in mass. Everyone is complaining. RP drops and everything goes wrong. Do not blame it on the sudden no application neccessary sign up. Its just we are forgeting what the game is about. Please, stop leaving and start Role Playing. I know I could have said this in other threads but I am sure this might get firy. Please, everyone pull things together and start being nice. Remember what the game is really about.

Please, everyone comes to this game to have fun be nice.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Very deep
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

and without capslock. congratulations!
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

We still rp, and in my eyes some rp is tons better now.
That'd be all.
Dónal Mason

Post by Dónal Mason »

Extremely shallow insight, really.
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

I think Swish is completely right.

A year ago i started playing, There was litterilly no skill related wars or anything, each day i loved to get online and play because each day was full of some interesting adventure full of rp.

And what do we have now? I left the game with many because of constant wars and skill vs skill and arguements.
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

We never really had a happy community/atmosphere, it is always competitive and filled with rivalry. What happened or what was different when Retlak was a noob was that the server wipe had occured and everyone was busy training on their own, exploring the map, or getting involved with the numerous events that occured nearly every saturday. Thus no player's got bored and the worst sort of incidents were people like Pendar and Stephen facing off, pendar being called a drunkard and stephen being called a fallen knight whilst aristeaus watched in the corner adjusting his ever present hat. But we had a rather long string of no/uninteresting events that got me and many other people bored and so we decided to look for something our characters could rub against and thus the late string of ingame wars. But really, I prefer ingame wars over GM led event wars, simply I don't like to know if I will win or not and most GM led event wars we are obviously ment to win. (Exception being the lich war)
Llama

Post by Llama »

Instead of point out the problems, will someone solve them ? ^^
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

I dont see that many problems, its just people not being able to accept they cannot roleplay in a bubble.
Aurora

Post by Aurora »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:Instead of point out the problems, will someone solve them ? ^^

solve the problems? ... it's that simple ... leave ooc-matters ooc, stop flaming, bitching, accusing, respect each other and each other's RP, cause I am sure everyone tries his/her best

aaand ... I don't think that RP got that bad, I always find some good RP, most of the time even awesome, extraordinary RP

problems solved, topic can be closed :wink:
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Post by Avalyon el'Hattarr »

Word
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Solution

character wipe plz

;)
Aurora

Post by Aurora »

Arameh wrote:Solution

character wipe plz

;)

great idea ... may I suggest the first one ? :twisted:
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

Garett Gwenour wrote:(...) But we had a rather long string of no/uninteresting events that got me and many other people bored (...)
IMO it was quite counterproductive or unlucky that the two "big" and parallel storylines with Negros and the Cult/Temple were streched over a looong time with phases where nothing happened at all.
Urilen Quanasuard

Post by Urilen Quanasuard »

Aurora wrote:

character wipe plz

;)

great idea ... may I suggest the first one ? :twisted:

Agreed. :twisted:
Aurora

Post by Aurora »

Miklorius wrote:
Garett Gwenour wrote:(...) But we had a rather long string of no/uninteresting events that got me and many other people bored (...)
IMO it was quite counterproductive or unlucky that the two "big" and parallel storylines with Negros and the Cult/Temple were streched over a looong time with phases where nothing happened at all.

whose task is it, in your opinion, to let "something" happen?
I don't need anything to happen to enjoy some RP
Hadre Taliset

Post by Hadre Taliset »

Aurora wrote:
Miklorius wrote:

whose task is it, in your opinion, to let "something" happen?
I don't need anything to happen to enjoy some RP

i agree. i think the constant warring, there was that bout where every other person was a thief, bandits and more is simply quite anoying. Instead of a war which is easy to cause why don't you who want "stuff" to happen every other day, go and make something GOOD happen. it doesn't have the bad or evil stuff to be interesting.
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

character wipe plz

;)
Yesh
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

We all know what happened. The client change. Illarion suddenly had good graphics and "Skillz 0wned" cos we got skills lists etc. weapons looked nicer and more noobs came and the old players hated this and left.

It's a revolution of noobs with the revolution of the client.

We can't stop it now; it's like immigration. We shouldn't have let immigrants enter England and now they're bombing us. It's too late for Illarion; it's doomed to a runescape outfit and Nop and his crew will make truck loads of money and we'll scour the net for a new illarion.

My two cents.
Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

AlexRose12345678910 wrote:We can't stop it now; it's like immigration. We shouldn't have let immigrants enter England and now they're bombing us.
Please, do not use common rascist arguements here.
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

Unfortunately it is true however.

Now back to topic?
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

It's not about "entertain me".
It just that there were the big necromancer stories for months with no real direction sometimes, which is bad if many things on the "macro meta RP level" (= politics between guilds etc., not personal quests) depends on that (hmm, I don't think it is really clear what I try to say :)).
Urilen Quanasuard

However, we can bring back the Account Test, and then make a character wipe. Then, we can make skills very easy to get, like a few years ago, and then hopefully, that will stop it.

I'm not kidding, though. Maybe the character wipe IS the best choice.
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

I actually said it earlier to Nitram as a almost joke, but after thinking about it, it would solve almost every problem we have.
Aurora

Post by Aurora »

character wipe means all chars whose rp you don't like?
or whose rp most others don't like?

there are some, who start not too god but who are able and willing to learn, how about those ? I've only been playing for 3 months now, and this is my very first rpg ever ... so I would have been "wiped" as well, cause I "only" tried my best but you maybe would not have liked it ?
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

Character wipes means every characters skills and items are wiped.

Everyone starts with the beginner package.
Urilen Quanasuard

Aurora wrote:character wipe means all chars whose rp you don't like?
or whose rp most others don't like?

there are some, who start not too god but who are able and willing to learn, how about those ? I've only been playing for 3 months now, and this is my very first rpg ever ... so I would have been "wiped" as well, cause I "only" tried my best but you maybe would not have liked it ?
Character wipe means all our characters are gone, and the history of Illarion is started again. For the people who don't start good, read the roleplaying manual, and you'll probably get the concept of roleplaying enough for, if the Account Test comes back, to accept you. It doesn't have to be a novel.

EDIT: If the devs and GMs are good with giving this a chance, maybe we should have a vote on if the majority wants it or not? Just my two cents.
Aurora

Post by Aurora »

alright Nalzaxx, thank you, didn't know that
you think that would sove the "problems"
I don't, to be honest
different attitudes and behaviour of the players would
Urilen Quanasuard

Aurora wrote:alright Nalzaxx, thank you, didn't know that
you think that would sove the "problems"
I don't, to be honest
different attitudes and behaviour of the players would

The attitudes are fine. It's just that people care too much of skills these days, and that's why getting skills should be easy to get, like the old days. We still have the same players as we do now, so the attitudes in my opinion are fine..
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

Uh....it doesn't start the history again.

Everyone looses any technical advantages they may have built up. No-one is forced to discontinue their RP, disband guilds, give up towns etc.