A complaint

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Arameh

A complaint

Post by Arameh »

Things such as those really are those that makes me want to leave illa, massive metagaming, ooc contacts and uses of Gm characters for supportind a side unfairly.

Here is the whole story :

----------------------------
Arameh walks to Silverbrand and knocks to their gates, asking Thurbert for an audience. After a while he comes to the gate and discuss with Arameh about a fair contract to clear up the recent events. At the time, there are 5 dwarves into Silverbrand, Ghorn not being one of those. Then in the meeting room, Arameh and Thurbert discuss about the matters. Once there, Thurbert changes the things which had been said, to ask for a slightly unfair contract. Of course Arameh did not accept, and from there, Thurbert told Arameh to leave the town, so they opened the door to go out of the meeting room.

Alright, from there, its all IC issues and I have no problem with those, but things starts becoming tense after this.

Arameh opens the door, surprise, what is the other side? A whole damn army of dwarves, with Ghorn, and a few (!!) golems, most of those logged in because of messenger contacts, in the meantime. Right then they all try to surround him, Arameh attempts to take some distance, not really to flee (since it would have been impossible anyway), just to try to think more to the situation, and actually, he WOULD have gone to jail peacefully.

BUT NO, Ghorn begins attacking while Arameh did not even draw any weapon, Arameh takes a few steps backward, and the golems clouds him instantly. From there, after waiting about 2 minutes (so Arameh loses his skills), they decide to drag his 'body' (cloud) to the jail, and THEN resurrect. After so a small scene of RP occurs, Arameh is wounded Ghorn tells him he should have done that and this etc. They lock the doors and they leave and I log out, teh end.
----------------------------

Alright, what is bad into this, for me its rather obvious.

1. First and biggest thing, the abuse of invincible and very deadly pushed character for helping Silverbrand. It is a SLIGHTLY unfair thing, which makes it totally impossible to take Silverbrand (being invincible, and they could kill Arameh in about 4 hits). Its it sad because is removes A LOT of freedom to the players, in a game where it is supposed to be 'everything can become possible', the golems basically makes it impossible to attack Silverbrand, as they are logging in via PO dwarves's messengers. Also, some of the strongest pushed characters around not even used for quests can come and PK anyone the dwarf mention? I mean, come on, thats too far.

2. Slight use of metagaming by the part of Silverbrand. As I mentionned, there was 5 dwarves once Arameh entered the town, very shortly after, when Arameh got clouded, there were around 10 dwarves + 2 golems, I mean, thats horrible. This is something that shoulnt be done, in most RP games metagaming it firmly agaisnt the rules, and now GMs are encouraging it?! Be reasonnable..

3. Unnecessary clouding and awaital for a desired loss of skill. Yes, Arameh go out the room, he gets clouded instantly by 2 golems, and then I have to wait like 2 minutes until they begin to drag the body to the jail, so he loses a fair amount of skill. First on, clouding him was totally unnecessary, ooc and ic, everyone knew he had no chances to flee anyway, and he could not have caused any damage as he would have gotten clouded by the golems. The only reason he has been, is because of ooc spite agaisnt me (the player), which I believe is agaisnt the rules, is it not?

These are only three reasons, but they are very big reasons which can cause slight frustration to the players of the game, and are a large decrease of the quality of the RP. What I am asking, is not to punish anyone because of these actions, what I am asking, is that such sort of things stops from happening.

Pushed characters I had heard were only used for quests from now on, PKing characters is not a quest as far as I know, even if it might have been fun for Ghorn, this could not be called a quest. I would have accepted to get clouded by an army of dwarves, I would have STFU and the flame war that will probably follow would not happen. But being clouded by undefeatable pushed characters, which were not even needed, this is unacceptable.

It seems like certain people arent aware of the frustration it can give to the players, and yes, frustrating situations ARE the main reason the players of Illarion leave. This is why, we must try to make the game fair, because fairness is to me one of the most important thing of a game, games that frustrates me all the time, I do not play them, its that simple.

The only thing I ask, is that from now on, think about the other players, we play together, not agaisnt each others, dont do nasty things just to win. Try to be fair with other players, think about the actions you do, any small action can have large consequences.

- Dan
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

I dont care about meta gaming, silverbrand is very firmly rooted in that sort of thing and much of illarion is really. That is fine, however I really dont like the sound of 2 golems that can kill Arameh in 4 hits. That does sound extremely unfair, especially considering we really haven't done that much wrong. We took ores, Ghorn threatens to jail us so we try to run and kill him in the process, then a golem chases us around the island for about 45 minutes and we escape, then we try to find peace and gm golems pwn us anyways :/

Its lame.
Damien

Post by Damien »

You've mainly been killed by all the dwarves around you attacking, i think, since both golems were about 2 to 4 spaces away when you died. ;)
Last edited by Damien on Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gort Greegog

Post by Gort Greegog »

I recall a simmaler event. Remember when Gishmel, Jacob, Arameh, and Alkuurg took over Silverbrand? about 6 people magicly logged in. One was the extreamly inactive king.
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Golems use war hammers, the one yesterday did anyways. And they can hit 3 spaces away diagonally and 2 spaces away directly.
Dónal Mason

Post by Dónal Mason »

That does not excuse the fact that there were golems in the first place.

Silverbrand has always been manned by older german players. These players are usually best of friend with older german GMs. A similar thing has happened with the grey rose.

It doesn't help that Ghorn probably whined until the GMs gave in and gave him what he wanted.
Samantha Meryadeles

Post by Samantha Meryadeles »

BUT NO, Ghorn begins attacking while Arameh did not even draw any weapon, Arameh takes a few steps backward, and the golems clouds him instantly. From there, after waiting about 2 minutes (so Arameh loses his skills), they decide to drag his 'body' (cloud) to the jail, and THEN resurrect. After so a small scene of RP occurs, Arameh is wounded Ghorn tells him he should have done that and this etc. They lock the doors and they leave and I log out, teh end.
shall i show you the log where ghorn says arameh to lay down weapons? he ignored that and ran around and fled to the door, THAN ghorn attacked. arameh ignored the command to lay down weapons and avoid force.
And i can also show the log where i said immediately after your dead that the gm shall revive you, so that we can continue rp.

please dont twist the truth, or i will rpoof with logs that you are not saying the truth

And i havent whined. it was not my idea. they even had to drag me ig. i havent knew anything about that
Last edited by Samantha Meryadeles on Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kurybo

Post by Kurybo »

First: There was 5 dwarves before you came and there were ONLY 6 dwarves after you get clouded!!! The most joined after you was defeated!

second: you was a cloud for no longer then 30 seconds so don't cry...

And in your post there are many more lies...
Laviath Rathor

Post by Laviath Rathor »

First of all, there where exactly six dwarves when you entered the town and there where five when you left the room, because Guran had to go. The second thing is, that one, who uses the lag of the PO of the golem, which is standing right beside ghorn to kill ghorn and then run or whatever, while the golem (for rp thing) is still guarding the king, anyway, shouldn't complain about bad rp or something. The third thing is, that you didn't ever RP that Arameh would go to jail without getting attacked. You just ran out the room, what looked like you were going to flee, so that we had to cloud you.
Damien

Post by Damien »

War hammers are slow, the golem was unbugged though so it should now really be able to cause the damage it should, even though the range is smaller than a war hamster ;)
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Samantha Meryadeles wrote:
shall i show you the log where ghorn says arameh to lay down weapons? he ignored that and ran around and fled to the door, THAN ghorn attacked. arameh ignored the command to lay down weapons and avoid force.
And i can also show the log where i said immediately after your dead that the gm shall revive you, so that we can continue rp.

please dont twist the truth, or i will rpoof with logs that you are not saying the truth

And i havent whined. it was not my idea. they even had to drag me ig. i havent knew anything about that

I did not see Ghorn asking to lay down the weapons, actually, Ghorn didnt tell ANYTHING on my screen, Arameh wasny holding any weapons anyway. Maybe the bug where I cant see other's text?..
Caldrion Sternenglanz

Post by Caldrion Sternenglanz »

please stop with all that. PMs have an use.

Arah, you are using this thread to blame someone and not to complain. If you want to complain:

http://illarion.org/community/de_contact.php?contact=4

Thank you
Kurybo

Post by Kurybo »

Thurbert shoves him from behind
Jemand (148425105): I knew it somehow
King Ghorn Gemfist: [dwa] Weapons down!
Jemand (148425105) sidesteps
King Ghorn Gemfist: [dwa] Golems, grab him!
Hmm. Sorry for you... Does Arameh don't understand dwarvish???

ROFL
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Caldrion Sternenglanz wrote:please stop with all that. PMs have an use.

Arah, you are using this thread to blame someone and not to complain. If you want to complain:

Thank you

Last complaint I sent I didnt even answered, and I also want the community to know about that sort of things happening ig.
Caldrion Sternenglanz

OMG, Arah, we are sorry, you couldnt understand.

a little human (dwarfen) error...
Caldrion Sternenglanz

Arameh wrote:

Thank you

Last complaint I sent I didnt even answered, and I also want the community to know about that sort of things happening ig.

this is bullshit: If they didnt answer it can be, that they have other times than you. How long did you wait to post this? half hour?
one hour?

In Germany we are going to bed now.
Kurybo

Post by Kurybo »

But one think I have to know!!!!
Why you complain about when the dwarves are "crying" after you clouded them and take over SB and now you did the same...????
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Caldrion Sternenglanz wrote:
Arameh wrote:

Thank you

this is bullshit: If they didnt answer it can be, that they have other times than you. How long did you wait to post this? half hour?
one hour?

In Germany we are going to bed now.

Im not talking about today, im talking about a complaint I had sent ages ago....
Samantha Meryadeles

Post by Samantha Meryadeles »

damn...sorry arameh..i havent noticed that i was speaking dwarvish :(

that was my fault!
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Kurybo wrote:But one think I have to know!!!!
Why you complain about when the dwarves are "crying" after you clouded them and take over SB and now you did the same...????
They didt get clouded by magical creature from the knighthood that kills in 4 hits
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

I am just saying dwarves dont need golems on their side. It is unfair, unless Stephen gets an alliance with Forest Trolls who are uber strong and defend him when he is under attack?
Kurybo

Post by Kurybo »

But by molotov cocktails that clouds an experienced fighter easily.. and damn magical weapons like your serinjah...
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Molotovs cloud everyone at the same rate.. it takes 5 or 4 to kill one character.
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

Yeah, I also remember Ghorn logging in in the middle of SB after we took it over, just said 'Die!' and chased Arameh around, not my idea of nice rp either.
Patric is always complaining about stuff not being fair, well complain about SB 's golems then.
Kurybo wrote:But by molotov cocktails that clouds an experienced fighter easily.. and damn magical weapons like your serinjah...
And, those where aquired ingame, and not just given by a gm as far as I know.

And:
But one think I have to know!!!!
We had nothing pushed on our side.
Last edited by Kevin Lightdot on Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

The catchline of this thread is don't let it happen again, not complaining. Use of godly protection should be for a seige, not someone coming to peace talks.

I don't think the dwarves want to be pk'd everytime they go anywhere outside their city alone, so they should reconsider doing it to singulars of other races in their own town.
Kurybo

Post by Kurybo »

and only to let you know.. A golem isn't magical.. It's only a stone, a walking stone! And it hasn't a warhammer!
One of my char's was there when the golem was "created" .. And he got no warhammer!!! :lol:
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

Still the same thing really.
I'm going to bed now.
Dónal Mason

Post by Dónal Mason »

Walking stone. Stones don't sprout legs and walk around without either magic, technology, or a mixture of both.

Unless dwarves have discovered the secret of making robots from rocks, those golems are definately magical in origin.
Liles

Post by Liles »

You all suck.
Neela Rabenfeder

Post by Neela Rabenfeder »

but on other side dwarfes use no magic. its a disadvantage for dwarfs and i think it is based on roleplay. i think its good to let the golems in their city.