Manual update please?

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Xonogor

Manual update please?

Post by Xonogor »

http://illarion.org/illarion/handbook/us_hb-41.php

Ok do you see that? it says there are attributes not in use. And from a few people I've talked to, I hear that they are. So WHY hasn't this been updated? This could really mess up future players, could it not? Xonogor's attributes are really offset I guess then.. ?

Xonogor's attributes:

agility 18
constitution 18
dexterity 16
essence 3
intelligence 3
perception 3
strength 19
willpower 4
Korwin

Post by Korwin »

Hopefully the future players would realize that interface isn't in use any longer, but I do agree it could be misleading.
Xonogor

Post by Xonogor »

It sure fooled me because well.. you have to make your char before you get into the game, right? So.. how would a new player know this?
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Xonogor wrote:It sure fooled me because well.. you have to make your char before you get into the game, right? So.. how would a new player know this?
I think everyone's realised by now that noobs don't read the manual...

http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... sc&start=0
Xonogor

Post by Xonogor »

But for the ones who do (like myself, I'm a goodie goodie), who have ever intention of trying to play the game correctly, (even thought it's been 10 years since I've rped).... some of us aren't trying to be noobs. But for those whom do not read it, they weren't meant for this game anyway. The new ones that do, they will be mislead into thinking that only the abilities marked being in use should get points, and not the ones that say they are unused (even tho they are now) they'll end up making a very unbalanced character (like xon) all brawn, no brains.. some folks might like it that way tho. *shrugs* just thought I should bring it to attention.
Alazair

Post by Alazair »

Some people ask, "Why don't players RP to their stats?"...well I ask a different question because that one would be quite ridiculous if you look at most peoples' stats.....

I ask..."Why don't people set their stats to their intended style of RP with that character?....Whether or not it is the best for whatever skill there may be. Now, granted, some skills do require specific stats to be used, and if you intend to RP those skills, you should place enough stats to use that skill (even if your char wouldn't have those stats initially).

This is quite out of hand though....How is it that we have all of Gobiath full of fighters that can barely figure out what a few simple words mean...let alone compose a sentence or hold an arguement? These same fighters could lift a town, be cut into four peices, and run around the whole island of Gobiath within five minutes and barely be winded.

Then, we have mages that have enough intelligence to devise succesful plots to conquer the planet, and enough willpower to command a dragon. At the same time, these mages can barely carry the clothes on their backs, any water that was not boiled for two hours at two hundred degrees would make them ill (and that's not even including the food), a simple friendly punch or slap would send them sprawling to the floor and leave a large bruise, and they are so slow that it would take them an hour just to stand up from a chair.

Whatever happened to placing stats according to how you plan on roleplaying your character?
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

People want to pwn at some stuff greatly, and don't give a shit about how their stats would affect their rp.
There, plain and simple.

Power to the balanced chars!
Give us something to be good at to. :wink:
Honestly, balanced chars get you nowhere ingame. You can't do anything good enough.
And if you're not real good noone wants you.
I found this out first hand quite some times.
Tinuva Geogroda
Location: A Tree In The Northern Forest, Oh Noes, The Northern Forest Is Mine Now!! Mwhahaha...

Post by Tinuva Geogroda »

Kevin Lightdot wrote:People want to pwn at some stuff greatly, and don't give a shit about how their stats would affect their rp.
There, plain and simple.

Power to the balanced chars!
Give us something to be good at to. :wink:
Honestly, balanced chars get you nowhere ingame. You can't do anything good enough.
And if you're not real good noone wants you.
I found this out first hand quite some times.
well a year ago it wasn't like that, Tin was very good in some things, but since the updates............
Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

Yes, I am getting fairly alright at some skills and I realise now I will not get much better
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

I know, Kev used to be a good fighter to.
Weapon quality didn't matter so anyone could be good at any craft judging their luck with the random skill gain.

And so on and so on.
Tinuva Geogroda
Location: A Tree In The Northern Forest, Oh Noes, The Northern Forest Is Mine Now!! Mwhahaha...

Post by Tinuva Geogroda »

Tin used to be a good fighter, pwning demon skeletons, now I must do my best to pwn a pig ^^