Unmoveable objects

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Unmoveable objects

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Alright, I have a technical question.

Dusty is quite an accomplished Glass Blower, and he finally can make a Vase (Like those two in front of the Inn). I never saw anyone else make one.

However, I noticed when I put it on the ground to show somebody, it stuck. I couldn't move it or pick it up, like the GM's do. It became 'fixed'. There's no way of 'trading' them to anyone like that.

Is this a bug or is it supposed to happen?
swish1

Post by swish1 »

hmm.. usually people dont keep it in bags so ask them to take them to the place they want to fix and fix it there or put it in a bag and show the bag let them open it and see and then if they dont like give back bag or they keep it. But, remember to explain to them that they should not try putting it on the ground. :wink: :) Have fun!
NirAntae

Post by NirAntae »

::gasp, shock:: A good idea from swish! :wink: JK swish. Seriously, though, he's quite right. Either offer it in a 'protective bag' ;) or go to where they want it and place it down there.
Taliss Kazzxs

Post by Taliss Kazzxs »

wow... :shock: that actually is a pretty good solution.
Solumn

Post by Solumn »

Will it rot?
Richard Cypher

Post by Richard Cypher »

Well if the bag rots it does...oh you mean the vase? I do not think it will...not sure though.
Samantha Meryadeles

Post by Samantha Meryadeles »

Dusty is quite an accomplished Glass Blower,
Dusty is everything, not just glasblower :roll:
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Quite right Samantha, but there have always been good RP reasons for why he does 'dabble' in everything. I just go with the flow. He has developed really well and is a very complex character.

Thanks for the ideas guys, but I was wondering if this is a bug in case I create any other objects like it.
Samantha Meryadeles

Post by Samantha Meryadeles »

a halfling who is glassblower, smith, tailor, carpenter, cook, goldsmith, gemcutter and who knows whatelse, and that all with very good skills? sounds more like munchkin and powergaming than rp based characterenvelopment. sorry pal.
Nerian Finera

Post by Nerian Finera »

a halfling who is glassblower, smith, tailor, carpenter, cook, goldsmith, gemcutter and who knows whatelse, and that all with very good skills? sounds more like munchkin and powergaming than rp based characterenvelopment. sorry pal.
not again please...
Taliss Kazzxs

Post by Taliss Kazzxs »

Come on man, he made this post to have a question answered not to have you jump his shit about power gaming.
Farfara

Post by Farfara »

*points to the previous post* No shit. Oh, and BTW, Swish; that was a hell of a good idea. Keep it up, man! 8)
Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

Samantha Meryadeles wrote:a halfling who is glassblower, smith, tailor, carpenter, cook, goldsmith, gemcutter and who knows whatelse, and that all with very good skills? sounds more like munchkin and powergaming than rp based characterenvelopment. sorry pal.
Skaalib is a fisherman, miner, smith, goldsmith, lumberjack, carpenter, tree planter, tailor, really bad cook, and fighter. Oh and he's trying to learn Dwarven. And Tink is a glassblower, farmer, library researcher, cook, alchemist and wannnabe mage. But none of them are that good at anything. And I would like to think there is an rp reason for all of these.
Nop
Developer

Post by Nop »

Your observation is correct, the vase is a non-movable decoration object. Putting it into a production script was a mistake. But we can fix that and make it a movable object.

To the recent posts: Check the name of the forum. This is technical support. Criticism about other peoples chars is off-topic here. Keep it to the discussion forums. Or even better, keep it to yourself!
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Thanks Nop.

It can stay a decoration item if it's easier, I was just asking if it should be. Personally I think it's pretty cool. Besides planting trees, what else do the players do to really change the landscape?

Maybe we should be able to make more things like this such as furniture, mirrors, pottery, bookcases, beds, doors, small Bridges you know.....normal stuff craftsman are supposed to make for people.

Just an idea.
Thanks.
Nop
Developer

Post by Nop »

I am always in favour of things that modify the world. Unfortunately it is always a lot of work. If you don't put in a lot of saveguards, there will always be clowns abusing it. Like those putting many trees in one place to create an indestructible tree. :-(

I guess a quick furniture script would leave us with buildings completely filled with tables or furniture barricades across half the island in no time. :-)
Farfara

Post by Farfara »

Wouldn't it be possible to make the furniture rot? Maybe not as quickly as other items, but over a longer period of time, have the furniture decompose and eventually need to be replaced. That way, there could be a long-term market for carpenters to supply furniture. Just my $.02.
Hu'greu

Post by Hu'greu »

humm not a bad idea. make it break or something to, but that would kinda suck for Eliza someone would have to take care of her stuff
Solumn

Post by Solumn »

I like it, jobs for carpenter. :lol:

All we can make, just some bows, shield , staff and wands.
Korwin

Post by Korwin »

What the smile is your problem? What compels you to moan and whine about absolutely everything concievable, regardless of if it is a problem or not?

If it wasn't for Dusty, it would be nearly impossible to find people who do those trades. I know, awhile back I spent two weeks looking for a glassblower, and do you know who I found? Dusty. Dusty is a benefit to the entire economy of the game.

Is that a bad thing? Has he hurt anyone? Has he created an issue? Or is it just you and your damn moaning about anyone who has a reasonably influential character that has goals contrary to yours?

Before you make another worthless and antagonistic post spare a moment to actually consider what you're saying rather than just lashing out at any player you percieve as having an advantage over yourself.
Poots

Post by Poots »

While I don't think Dusty is the best at RP, but rather at just plain skills, I would like to point out that he is a perfect craftsman, just like there are perfect hero's out there. by perfect I mean, he has no weak point, there is nothing he can't handle. But hero's are usually fearless and powergaming aswell.

but onto the main topic, I don't think furniture is a good idea. It should be left to the current building system.
Asesino

Post by Asesino »

let's be nice, and i love you all *hugs*

@ topic: i like the idea of players being able to decorate the landscape a bit, though it could be hard to produce those things, so the mentioned clowns could not easily reach their goal
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

I don't mind the slander. Anyone with any abilities will get it, like it or not.

Dusty has followed the logical progression of events and trade.

Yes, he does appear to be the perfect craftsman, but damn it took a long time and a lot of work. I admire anyone who also puts in the time to do what he has done.

The Vase he can make, took many, many, many long hours over 6 months to make, and his skill isn't even green yet.

Some skills, like Glassblowing, Alchemy and Goldsmithing take a long time to develop. Problem with most players is that they stop at, say Lether shoes, and never develop further. The difference is that Dusty has found ways of selling products from about 12 of the skill categories to make a profit, not just 'shoes'. A good businessman will always look outside the box to turn a profit. He can sell something to any NPC on the Island. There's a lot of money to be had. There's nothing evil or unfair in anything he does.

As the famous philosopher, Eric Cartman, once said, "Quit yer Bitchin'!"
Solumn

Post by Solumn »

That's why I hate you, Dusty. Two skinny short leggs around everywhere and get every penny. I have no idea what vase mean in glass blowing, but I know it is above beer mug.

I know there is one you can't get to. The dwarf inside silverbrand, can't earn silver from dwarves.

Whether Dusty powergaming or not, only him knows best. And he is being helpful in the game does not explain anything. Let someone else to figure that issue.

Yes, it is rather annoying there always is fuss about powergaming.
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Well....I'll take that as a complement.
Thanks.
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

I dunno about the powergaming, since I don't see Dusty much ingame. But he is actualy helpfull most of the time, helped Kevin the other day. :wink:
And those are IC things also.

But here's for the multi skilled chars, who tend to get called powergamers for no reason.
Multiple skills keeps some more fun I say, and most of us I don't think powergame. We, the players of such chars might tend to get a bit bored with one craft from time to time, and go do another.

So if this
is your idea of a powergamer, for well over a year of playing this char.
Fine, complain. but if you expect us to have all bright green skills...
I'm quite sure most of the multi skilled chars have something along the likes of this.

And for Patrics complaints wich I recall from quite some time ago about multi skilled chars not having a good concept or whatever.
Our chars may practice much, but are far from good.
And if you say there are no humans in rl wich do such, you need to leave the house for more than go to the grocery shop.
I myself am one of such, I try and do alot of things.
Whine about it not getting me anywhere or whatever all you like, but don't tell me such chars can't exist.
Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

What is blacksmithing?
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

A skill, wich they made in the past, there was some shit and it stayed in my list.
It was supposed to be smithing, but smithing was just smithing and blacksmiting is nothing.
It came with my skill package, but it's not a useable skill.
Solumn

Post by Solumn »

Yes, I have green color at all 13 of them. :twisted:

And I am not joking!
Nop
Developer

Post by Nop »

Folks, do you have trouble reading my words? Maybe this will help... :-)

This is the tech support forum. Stop the off-topic skill discussion NOW!