Suggestion: Fighting system (I'm sorry :( )

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Llama

Suggestion: Fighting system (I'm sorry :( )

Post by Llama »

I have a few suggestions for the fighting system... i know that poor mr Nitram finished it .. but.. erm, i just was inspired now :P

Armor:

Heavy armor should reduce your chance to hit as well as the chance to dodge (effectivly reducing your agility)... however, to combat it.. there is still new and improved skill.

Heavy Armor Usage

This skill allows a user to use heavy armor without much of a problem. Personally, if i were to wear platemail, i DOUBT that i would even be able to move, let alone fight.

Up to 50%, it works to negate the penalties cause by that one above ^

Above 50%, you have become soo good with the armor, that you actually get a bonus. An enemy looking at an opponent with platemail, will except a slow movement, which would allow you to attempt sneak attacks, and generally surprise to hit more.

=

Health?

A way to see the health of opponents.

Now this would use the anatomy skill, with a penalty for strange creatures (Undead or creatures with strange anatomy), and a bonus for humanlike creatures.

Now, its not fair that everyone sees (for example) 5/10 HP.. instead we shall use a %age.

Now the size of each mark of the scale depends on the skill.

1 mark = 100/[skill amount + 1]

For example, a person with one skill point will be able to see that an enemy is Alive (100%) Half dead (50%) or Dead (0%).

As the skill increases, so will the precision of the reading increase.. up to 100% skill (techinically 99%), where you can see it with pinpoint presicion.

=
Discuss?
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Fighting is fine and balanced the way it is currently.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Adding even more skills into fighting system...eh
Nitram
Developer

Re: Suggestion: Fighting system (I'm sorry :( )

Post by Nitram »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:Heavy armor should reduce your chance to hit as well as the chance to dodge (effectivly reducing your agility)... however, to combat it.. there is still new and improved skill.
You propose something that is allready in. You become old ;)
Hadrian_Abela wrote:This skill allows a user to use heavy armor without much of a problem. Personally, if i were to wear platemail, i DOUBT that i would even be able to move, let alone fight.
I think the fighting system has enougth skills ;)
Hadrian_Abela wrote:A way to see the health of opponents.
Errr... no :P

Nitram
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Infact the only thing that needs fixing (but is already in process) is making a more definitive difference between a new fighter and a master fighter. As it is the current damage between a new character and an experienced one using the same weapon is pretty minor. That is really all that needs to be fixed.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

The damage is not too different. That is caused by the small range of damage the system supports.

The real difference between a strong and a weak fighter shows in the parry and dodge rate.

The difference is fine i think.

You won't see a difference at the mummies. That logical.
You will see a difference at flying or demon skeletons ;)

Nitram
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Would be nice, like having a good old hit point bar over your char's head, deactivatable (what a word!) by hitting F12...

Why not. Nothing I'd spend time for, though.

The rest: See Nitram's post.
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

I prefer the no hit bar ;]

I enjoy letting people beat my characters in duels, and when the time comes when it counts rubbing thier face in it ;]
Meriel Pelith
Location: In the meadow of sinful thoughts every flower is a perfect one.

Post by Meriel Pelith »

I don't like the idea at all, to be honest. It makes PvP fights entirely uninteresting. There's no surpise. You know when you have to run so you don't lose.

If we implement that, we could just as well show the highness of skills in numbers instead of a bar with colours.
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Post by Avalyon el'Hattarr »

i agree... i think that the health bar would turn illarion in a clasical hack-n-slash game
Samantha Meryadeles

Post by Samantha Meryadeles »

The damage is not too different. That is caused by the small range of damage the system supports.

The real difference between a strong and a weak fighter shows in the parry and dodge rate.

The difference is fine i think.
i like that, i like that really. the difference between an experienced fighter and a newb in rl is not how much damage the sword does, it is how good they are with parrying and dodging.

hitting someone with a sharp sword isnt much difference if you are now skilled or not. but the difference of blocking the hiot, or dodging, is much more different by higher and lower training.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Avalyon el'Hattarr wrote:i agree... i think that the health bar would turn illarion in a clasical hack-n-slash game
It already is.

Bring back RP focus!
Hu'greu

Post by Hu'greu »

its hack and slash because people dont want to RP fights anymore, all it is now is crt click while hes not looking
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

Sadly, it is.
I tried several times to get into one and I get crtl clicked.
That is the way it goes as of late.
Lets just dump all the skills, attribs and items. :wink: