evil fairy

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Skaalib Drurr

evil fairy

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

I've been playing a evil fairy thief recently, but now someone has told me that they thought it wasn't allowed. Can someone clear up whether it is/isn't allowed for me? Thanks
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

A thief fairy? Seems fine as long as we arent overrun by them eh, should be very rare.
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

I just remembered a gm saying in a thread "if you plan to make your fairy evil, you better wonder why we do not accept your race application" or something.

But all in all it seems fine, we can have wicked fairies afterall.
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Post by Avalyon el'Hattarr »

yeah... no one will care if we kidnapp her :lol:
Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

Avalyon el'Hattarr wrote:yeah... no one will care if we kidnapp her :lol:
WTF? Firstly, its a him, and secondly, if you are getting confused with Tink, that's not who I'm talking about.
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Post by Avalyon el'Hattarr »

i thought tha fearys are only females :?
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Uhm, I think faeries would make good theives due to their size and anatomy. But in terms of actual basis for it, I'm not sure. Faeries could be corrupted by things I guess, everyone else is subject to it.
Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

well mine is male
Allura
Location: Bending my mind to crawl through perversions and riddles.

Post by Allura »

Ok, well, the question of the sex of fairies is dealt with elsewhere in the forum.

As far as playing an evil fairy: Why is there even a question?? You obviously wrote a background for the application. If your fairy was approved by Keikan (or whoever), then this thread is pointless because you have already been given the go-ahead.
If your fairy has recently "become" evil, then there had better be an rp reason, and it should have been touched on in aforementioned application that your fairy is not infalliable, and may be "mouldable" to the dark forces.
Either way, what counts here is your already approved application. If the fairy was originally evil and approved, then it is fine.
If your application lead someone to believe there was no way your fairy was/could be evil, then there is likely a missing rp reason and should not be acted toward anyways.
Llama

Post by Llama »

#me lifts coins one at a time from the pocket

Well, you wont be stealign anythign large, but he'd be small enough
Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

No actually, this fairy was not approved. I created a second evil fairy.
Allura

Post by Allura »

Ah, I missed the point in time in which there did not need to be applications for special races.
Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

When you already have one special race accepted, you can then make as many as you like in the future. That is what I mean, so no need to get sarcy on me.
Allura

Post by Allura »

Skaalib Drurr wrote:When you already have one special race accepted, you can then make as many as you like in the future. That is what I mean, so no need to get sarcy on me.
-.- WTF is wrong with this community. I stated -VERY SIMPLY- that I missed the point in time at which you DO NOT NEED to write an application for a SPECIAL RACE.
If you wanted sarcy, I'd bloody-well give it to you. In the meantime, take a comment as a comment. In fact, if anything, it was an apology for not knowing and therefore making my earlier post void.
Good luck with all in the future because I sure as hell will not lend a hand in your way if your reaction to help and an apology is jumping to conclusions and giving attitude.
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

What is sarcy?
Allura

Post by Allura »

I'm going with "saucy", but with a different swing. Like... lurve. lol
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

*Cowers in a corner, sensing all the wrath*
Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

sarcy means sarcastic
Avareniah

Post by Avareniah »

Hmm. I like saucy more. But I can see the mix. *takes it around in real life to spread the sarcy*
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Back to topic.

I think evil fairies are strange in any way.

But a thief don't has to be evil (evil like the temple as example).

A fairy thief is a pretty good one, but i don't think, that the thieving of rather huge and heavy items like swords or armors, is possible.

I remember there was a halfling, grabbing a heavy plate armor and running with it through the town.

If you fairy would do something like this, it would be the time, where a gm appears to discuss about your way to play this race ;)

Nitram
Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

I have already disussed whether I can be a thief with a gm. She said yes, what I meant was could I be evil, as in Temple evil, becuase I have already joined the temple with this char.
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

However, what she really should have said is "talk to Damien to make sure he doesn't piss himself" because it might get you in trouble anyhow as Damien is quick with the ban button when you break his story.
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

Aegohl wrote:However, what she really should have said is "talk to Damien to make sure he doesn't piss himself" because it might get you in trouble anyhow as Damien is quick with the ban button when you break his story.
:evil:
Laviath Rathor

Post by Laviath Rathor »

I don't want to be shitty or something, but the backround story of the fairies sais, that they hate undead things and are shy and everything, so how the hell do you join a temple, full of undeads with a fairy? :o
Damien

Post by Damien »

That is DEFINITELY unmatching fairy RP. Totally and absolutely.
We have started the SPECIAL applications because too many races were planned totally out of their backgrounds and wanted to ensure that these are played at least a bit stereotypical.

Evil fairies do not match their race because they are raised in a totally different way. They would not even understand WHY anyone could be evil. They have everything for their life they need, and are somewhat pure creatures.

Delete the character and play your other fairy - else, both fairies will be banned and the right for creating fairies and applying for special races at all will be permanently disabled for your account.

--if we are not strict with the special races, there is no need anymore to check in for them.
Last edited by Damien on Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

Ok, thank you for clearing this up for me. :D
Arien Edhel

Post by Arien Edhel »

I even don't like bad fairies. Would be helpful to read the racedescription.
Dónal Mason

Post by Dónal Mason »

A mischievous fairy, possibly. But an evil one doesn't sit with me either.