Singular Warning

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Garett Gwenour

Singular Warning

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Okay, as it has happened twice thus far I feel that I should say it and just get it out and over with. Temple Members with teleporting blackstones, when you use that stone without an #me or while being attacked I will have no problem NOT talking to your character first (and thereby giving you time to get your stone ready) and will just #me "attacks" because THAT is the only option you give me.

I have no problem with your character beating mine, running away and out running my character and using it. But when you see my character walking to yours and you use it without an #me, or when your being attacked (literally the icon of the sword is hitting you) and you use it, your roleplay is drastically cut down and you are limiting my options at roleplaying at all with you.

Think about how you use your stone for future reference.
Alli Zelos

Post by Alli Zelos »

Don't talk to all of us about it, only the person who did it. I've never seen any of the members use it without rp.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Twice now at least. It comes to the unfortunate point where it's their reaction time vs how much damage you can do in that time. I mean, can you really say chugging potions and using teleport books is bad when a single stone item can basically do both? Because that is what we'll start to do, because there is no other way.
Samantha Meryadeles

Post by Samantha Meryadeles »

I saw Ku'Agor doing it while being attacked. But there he did #me. But it is still a huge advantage when you can use any time in battle when you start to lose the stone and teleport away.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Using the teleporting blackstone in ANY dangerous situation is and has to be strictly forbidden. If someone uses it while he/she is getting attacked, it can be reported to a GM, because it leaves no chances for the attackers.
Samantha Meryadeles

PO Meriel told me it is allowed to do so o_O
Alli Zelos

Post by Alli Zelos »

You can, or should be able to. If someone attacks you, nothing keeps you from running and #meing clutching the stone. It is realistic anyway, if you can't, it's like saying you can't use a sword to fight.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

it isnt allowed to use the teleporting blackstone in a situation where there COULD be a fight, so of course its forbidden into a fight.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

It also takes out the possibility of jailing. Because if I asked for the stone, or tried to forcefully search, I'd have the player, and all the people involved in the quest screaming at me. So basically it would be jail-lock-stone-out.
Athian

Post by Athian »

if used from a distance (maybe five paces) with an #me it seems fine. but not as your being actually hit by other people, that would be considered an unfair advantage.
Ku 'Agor
Location: LOL PANCAKES - "Ich möchte ein paar wirklich gute Pfannkuchen."

Post by Ku 'Agor »

If you are pointing at me Garett, I'm sorry to say that not only did I use a #me, but I talked to you, #me'ed getting my stone from the depot, and not only that in that time I was at about 1/10th HP when managed to get away.
Alli Zelos

Post by Alli Zelos »

Unfair advantage? we don't have all of the uber fighter/mages on our side
Athian

Post by Athian »

don't get sassy with me missy. i do know where you temple members live. my drow is just to lazy to get his butt up and join you. and yes instant teleport is an unfair advantage. even uber mages can't teleport away if there getting smacked in the head
Samantha Meryadeles

So it was you again Ku? You used the stone right infront of Mark Strongarm while he was hitting you with his sword/axe
Ku 'Agor

Post by Ku 'Agor »

Athian wrote:don't get sassy with me missy. i do know where you temple members live. my drow is just to lazy to get his butt up and join you. and yes instant teleport is an unfair advantage. even uber mages can't teleport away if there getting smacked in the head
They dont have a premade portal planted in their chest, eiter.
Samantha Meryadeles wrote:So it was you again Ku? You used the stone right infront of Mark Strongarm while he was hitting you with his sword/axe
Aye, but you tend to PK people with a second's notice. So keep your bitch inside you and I will try to keep mine inside myself.
Samantha Meryadeles

You mean the "pk" about which two gms said it was no pk and okay to do so?

You weren't so much against killing when you attacked dwarfes, and also Ghorn, without any #me or roleplay and killed them just to collect than the stuff dropped by the bug. but of course, if YOU are the victim it is everything different
Last edited by Samantha Meryadeles on Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ku 'Agor

Post by Ku 'Agor »

Samantha Meryadeles wrote:You mean the "pk" about which two gms said it was no pk and okay to do so?
That's the one.
Athian

Post by Athian »

they may not but if you take the fact that there was a precaution made in the magic system alone to prevent something similar from taking place, then it's fair to assume that just because you use a different tool to get the same effect, that teleporting while being struck isn't going to be smiled on.

again. if your five paces away and they haven't caught up with you, hell yea vanish. but if two people are rending your flesh with swords then it's a bit unfair. unless you'll allow them to rp chopping off both your arms mid battle, so you can't touch your blackstone. but that wouldn't be fair either i guess. find a balance
Ku 'Agor

Post by Ku 'Agor »

I was either on the tables or next to Eliza while he was below the depot. About 5 spaces.
Last edited by Ku 'Agor on Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vorg

Post by Vorg »

Teleporting with the stone in a combat or hostile situation should not be possible. Not for the sake off realism, but for fairness.

The instant teleport means no temples members would ever be able to be slain.
Ku 'Agor

Post by Ku 'Agor »

Vorg wrote:Teleporting with the stone in a combat or hostile situation should not be possible. Not for the sake off realism, but for fairness.

No, trust me. Patric isn't banned = Slaying.
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

lol no your weren't ku, you were on the table infront of Eliza and i had just attacked you again, Fooser saw.
Lance Thunnigan

Post by Lance Thunnigan »

Vorg wrote:Teleporting with the stone in a combat or hostile situation should not be possible. Not for the sake off realism, but for fairness.

Some Temple members have been.
Vorg

Post by Vorg »

Im not saying they havnt, im just stateing my opinion. And what rules i stick too.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

I don't think you can really say people in the temple have it bad. Both sides have their advantages. People in the temple have nearly unlimited freedom with supernatural ascpects it seems. Plus this instant teleport stone, various other advantages. As for warnings, I believe it's way too lenient. If an evil character walks into town, why give a warning? Also, covering your char head to toe is no longer really hiding anything guys, if anything it makes you stick out like a sore thumb. And if people are just going to keep using the stone fairly quick, you're putting even more pressure on people to actually not give warning and just #me an attack, and although I'm on the side looking for these guys, I say it does nothing to help RP.
Ku 'Agor

Post by Ku 'Agor »

Garett Gwenour wrote:lol no your weren't ku, you were on the table infront of Eliza and i had just attacked you again, Fooser saw.
Meh, I've had enough. If you wish to talk to me in private instead of bitching at directly me over the forums, you have my MSN I believe.

[/MePostingHere]
Samantha Meryadeles

No, trust me. Patric isn't banned = Slaying.
Like you were banned once for killing 30 chars in two days?
Last edited by Samantha Meryadeles on Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ku 'Agor

Post by Ku 'Agor »

Samantha Meryadeles wrote:Like you were banned once for killing 30 chars in two days?
The same damn noob kept attacking me. I stand by myself

[/*Cough*]
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Post by Avalyon el'Hattarr »

okay i made a mistaque here... i wanted to write the #me stuff but it's just that it was one of the first few times when i got "#me" attacked and it made me nervous :D
but hey.. when i used the stone i was allready of some distance of you.

In other order of ideas: what special rp does using a stone you have in your chest require? you only need to concentrate to activate it, not to push a button or something :)

*cheers*
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

its not the stone in your chest :roll: