Candidates For Governor

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Garett Gwenour

Candidates For Governor

Post by Garett Gwenour »

My name and Rank still holds wieght, I have heard as much from the guards at my cell. However I am not interested in being freed through use of force, as it will only result in my fighting these dwarves and knights of hell once more a month from now. And furthermore it is clear the Vice Governor does not understand his responsibility in continuing an active Government in Trolls Bane. Thus I take this upon myself to find Trolls Bane a suitable person.

Here are the rules, the same rules that counted in the last Election which I won legitimately.

To run you must have been a citizen of Trolls Bane for at least 3 months ((1 real life month)).
To vote you must be a citizen for a least 1 month ((10 real life days)).
Only citizens of Trolls Bane can decide Trolls Bane's fate! This I still stand staunchly for and still order the town guard and knighthood to enforce. I will not allow and will break down these walls to prevent the other towns deciding whom will be leader of the town WE built and WE bled and WE worked so damn hard on for the past year.

Write your names below if you wish to be a candidate for Governor. Enlist your plan, for you must have a plan if you wish to rule and lead this city. This is simply the screening process, in 9 days ((3 real life)) the official vote will begin.

Stephen Rothman
Warrior of Malachin
Remaining Governor of Trolls Bane
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

Dear inhabitants of Gobaith,

I, Brer Beothach, wish to aid the island as the next Governor of Trollsbane. Though, I am not handy with a blade or verse in the arcane, I can offer my ideas. So, without anymore ado I bring you my manifesto.
Brer's Manifesto wrote:First off, as governor, together we will draft a new set of laws. I will ask everyone to join in to vote on each law, as it will effect everyone on the isle. No one will be without a voice. Each new law will be voted on before it is amended, and each new law can be asked to be changed to fit with changing times. Though, certain laws will only be allowed for citizens to vote. These laws would ONLY effect those who are citizens. If a law effects others, then everyone is given a voice.

While the new laws are being written and amended, a new captain of the guard will be elected. Just as the laws, everyone will have a voice. The town captain can create their own structure (within reason) and hire recruits. If contreversy arises on whatever reason, the captain will answer. Much more indepth laws on how the Governor and the Captain relate will be drafted. To prevent from corruption of officials, laws will be drafted accordingly. As well as a new captain, a new magistrate will be voted in. Instead of simple trials, the magistrate will have the distinct duty of interpreting laws if the need be. These three people will coexist to form to protect and prosper the citizens and inhabitants.

Once the basis of a new government is set and officials are in their place, I will try to hold events to increase moral. Monthly holidays will be created in honor of their ilk, such as Irmas we will hold a big market festival or Siros we will try to fund a nice decorative altar for weddings.
I will also establish treaties and foreign affairs with other towns. In a manner that we can rely on each other, instead of competition. To stand as congregation of knowledge and strength.
I hope to bring these major attributes together to create a better living space for the island and the community. As well, I do not know to the eligibility of my candidacy, but a friend once told me that a try cannot hurt.

Another major subject I would like to touch on is the sentence of Stephen Rothman. If I am elected, I will present some form of sentence which everyone will agree upon. Seeing as he effected the whole island, I find it only fair, but this will be a voice of the island and not just one strict order. Hopefully, we can find in our hearts to not let anger take over our logic and can come upon a fitting rehibalitation. Don't let our emotions get the better of us.

With that being said, I leave myself open to everyone's comments. I don't know the fate of my candidacy or its legitimacy, but if all that comes of it is unacceptance, than so be it. Think long over these things, and make sure who you choose is who you wish to serve the island.

Respectfully,
~Brer Beothach~
Ku 'Agor
Location: LOL PANCAKES - "Ich möchte ein paar wirklich gute Pfannkuchen."

Post by Ku 'Agor »

Vote fer ku!

Ku!
xBaurusx

Post by xBaurusx »

Ku! long Live Deh Cheif and Goberner! Ku for Goberner!

Rahz Gar'Lok
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

I resign as Vice governor of whatever is left of the last regime, and I will not try any longer though I said otherwise before. I support Brer, he has a plan, and is a very intelligent man.

F
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

I do agree that the citizen list is a somewhat biased approach to holding the vote (for example Ghillian claims to have not been allowed citizenship but wishes to be a citizen and vote). However, as there is no accepted Governor right now in Trollsbane, I must urge that only citizens of Trollsbane (as referenced on the public list issued by the former Government) be allowed to vote. The reason for this is that we saw with the man named Z, that many people can take on one name. Similarily, one person could take on many names and the vote would be ruined.

I do propose that there could be a vote by those on the list as to wether Ghillian, or others, could be added to the voters list. Unfortunately I also agree haste should be taken in the implementation of this official vote as Trollsbane is in need of an official Government.

Saying "everyone should have a voice to vote" is saying 'anyone' can vote. If 'anyone' can vote, a person could vote twice with different names.

As for who holds the vote it hardly matters, as long as more than half the citizens from the list vote, and vote consistently for the same Governor.

I am happy to see the apparent popularity of Liles for Governor. I look forward to an official vote, with one vote per citizen.

Sincerily,
Mark Strongarm.
Siltaris

Post by Siltaris »

Dear citizens of Trolls Bane, der folks of Gobiath,

The words and the opinion written by Stephen Rothman above are nothing more than a last try to influence your minds and the future of Gobiath. He has lost any right to intervene in the future of our loved island. If he would wanted the best for Trolls Bane, he would stay calm and let the things move their way.

In fact, the preparations for the election are nearly done. We will inform you about the rules of the vote, about the time it will be done and about the candidates and their vision of their aimed leadership.

All this will be written down here within the next days. It will be a fair vote, that is waht I can promise.

In the name of peace in the town and in the name of a glory future, I ask you to wait even one day longer. Then, you will be informed about the proceeding and then there will be a fair election, at which end will be legitimated Governor.

~Siltaris~
Damien

Post by Damien »

Whips are nothing but unnecessary cruelty.
A new leadership has to be voted, and this time it will need the support of the masses, not of a small fraction.

I call out for everyone to think, and to really free your minds of unimportant influences. A leadership must be found which, this time, really wants the best for the broad public. This does not work without all your support !
Especially concerning the latest happenings, this must be done effectively now.
So i strongly suggest to listen to Siltaris' and Lennier's words.

Please don't use this as a time for stupid jokes and useless votings this time. Only vote for candidates you really give a chance, and do not support those belonging to the core of the old regime.

Brer Beotach, Siltaris, Fooser(who was in the old regime, but without muchinfluence since Rothman took over completely) - some names for example, for possibly senseful candidates. Both have proven some wisdom in this matter. But let us wait until an official List is done.
Samantha Meryadeles

Post by Samantha Meryadeles »

Mister Rothmans word holds no weight since he seems to be mad now. He still beliefs he is the remaining Governor of Trollsbane after a force of the whole isle, a force in which even Citizens of Trollsbane took part, beaten him in a battle while he had not a single citizen left to defend him.

He still beliefs he is a warrior of Malachin, after he got lost Malachins blessing and was defeated and jailed by those fighting under his blessing and spreading the true word of Malachin.

You got defeated and jailed for your doings against people and the isle at whole. And for that you will be punished. Your time as Governeur is over, and you should accept your fate as a beaten man who lost everything because of his failures and misleading beliefs.

The vote will happen without Rothmans desicions in it, and without his influence. He lost that right through his doings. all he tries is to let just those few peoples vote who voted him the last time and who helped him doing his wrong actiosn and crimes. And not the many other peoples who don't agree with him and his doings but would get no right to vote, even if they wish to be citizens in Trollsbane.

~Lady Samantha Meryadeles~
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

Stephen Rothman's last words to me before he was jailed, even though I hate his dishonorfull antics and huge pride, were something most of you probably discarded without even bothering to listen to. Why he told me, I do not know, and why he put his faith in me I do not know. His last words to me where:
"Taylor, Keep Trollsbane Soverign"

To alot of people this truely has no meaning. To most it would just seem like a last desperate attempt to keep himself from being jailed. He wanted me to run for this election. But I doubt I will. There are a few simple reasons why I doubt I will run.

For one, I am 16. I am not 20, I am not 30. Though I have lead men before, It was mediocre and was forced to leave do to a request of the lady that owns my heart. Being 16 means that I am young. Yes, I do realise that. But nor do I care about my age. I fight with more honor and pride than most. But yet, I get called the brute for showing mercy.

Second, I am who I am. A Windslasher. My family has fighting in it's blood. We can't get rid of it, nor can we truely coincide with it. My entire family deserted me. So I am building a new one. In a true way. And I will help others to protect thier familes. This brings me to point three

Third, Everyone knows that I will protect the innocent citizens of any town of who is being sieged upon. Also is known that I will go to any lengths to protect my friends. Which does mean that if I must hurt someone I will, without hesitation.

Fourth, It is known that I do not want a single governer. I wish a board of representitives with the Governer still making the decisions about the town and their intercity relations. But the representitives of each town can defeat an action which requires violence or distrust outside of the city with a three fourths vote. The representitives can not have the power to defeat a vote that is to better the town it's self internally. All external affairs will be controled by them aswell. I will open up representitive elections to anyone on the isle. But this vote must be kept soverign. We must keep this vote ours.

I do not see myself as a leader, and I will not run. But if you want me to. Speak up your voices, if enough people wish for me to run. Then I will. But not sooner.

Taylor Windslasher
The Lone Wolf

*a note is scribbled on*
Ps. When I say I do not see myself as a leader, I don't. I see myself as a protector of the citizens and well being of the town. I just see myself as one of the people that helps out in the background and doesn't really feel like getting noticed
Liles

Post by Liles »

I will like to share my plans for the government of Trolls bane in hope to sways doubts about me.

If elected I would create a council of advisers to help guide me into making the town prosper. I would elect a adviser for:

Godly and spiritual advice
Public affairs advice
Military and public safety advice

I would also like to create yearly ((4 months)) elections for each position (Adviser and governor). As well as introducing a better voting system for citizens to have their say in how the town is run.

It's also obvious the town has made some enemies within the last few months and I wish to change that. I wish to create a mutual defense treaty with every town on the island to make sure no wars erupt between our fair settlements.

For defense against thieves and other enemies I wish to increase the guard force by adding another rank (Senior guard) and hopefully recruiting those that have been wrongfully treated by the old government. As well as this I wish to pay to have the jail seriously increased in size and security. I wish to change the jail so thieves and wrongdoers spend their time inside and not finding a way out every 20 or so minutes.

They are my current plans if I am elected. Thank you

Liles